Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 08:12 AM

854 posts, read 586,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Man-made rules does not always = personal ideals. Meaning, you are under the impression that people are not happy. You are under the impression that people cheat for selfish reasons. This is all you and those that think like you.

Have you been to the dark net? Have you looked at crime statistics? Have you heard of all the slave trading, illegal substance trades, and illegal fire arms purchases? Have you looked at fraud, waste, and abuse claims in Government and private sectors? Where do you think cheating fits in all of this? It's all the same!

It's selfish of you literally to think that all the above crimes are of a lesser degree or even different than cheating. Welcome to the world- it's even worse than your little space you live in.

I fail to see your point? So because bad things exist, that means other bad things are not bad? It's not possible for cheating to be a bad thing because there are arguably worse things out there? Huh? Logic fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 08:19 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
Riddle me this:

You cheating on your significant other vs a national, world renowned athlete abusing enhanced substances to cheat his/her fans of all the true glory of the game. Which is worse or are they any different?

Can we stop being so selfish in thinking that there is a moral measuring stick to cheating. Financial, physical, and mental differences, yes. But moral? No!

You cheating is a whole lot less destructive mentally and financially than you smoking a pack of cigarettes a day but they are both essentially morally cheating. Poisoning yourself goes without concern but let you commit to your natural urges. HTF does that make sense to you?

Don't you see how idiotic and hypocritical we look? Cancer, which may lead to death as a result of smoking, is nothing compared to a heart break because Jane or john knocked boots with the neighbor. It so pisses me off that people are so dishonest. You are lying to yourself right now.

You taking that pen from work without returning it is just as morally bad as you cheated on your spouse. Cheating is cheating!!

Old 04-04-2016, 08:34 AM

57 posts, read 38,656 times
Cheating is cake eating. However you decide to judge it, its your own take. Most people that enter monogamous relationships, expect their partner to be loyal to them. If their partner decides that there are benefits for them to remain in current relationship, yet betray the trust of their spouse and sleep with others on the side, they are just crappy people - Cake eaters.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:46 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proptop View Post
The reason I ask is because it seems as if a man cheats it's one of the worst things anyone can do, but if a woman cheats it's all the man's fault and he should've done more.

Either gender that cheats is a POS.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:21 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Lots of cheating threads lately. Cheating is cheating, whoever does it. I have to say that while it is a pretty rotten thing to do, this moral indignation always strikes me as people trying to convince someone, perhaps themselves, of something.

If Charles Manson were a member here, he'd probably chime in that cheaters are the lowest of the low. I'm also pretty sure that maybe 90% of people who eventually cheat would have said at some earlier point in their lives that cheaters were scum and that they'll never stoop that low.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:24 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Riddle me this:

You cheating on your significant other vs a national, world renowned athlete abusing enhanced substances to cheat his/her fans of all the true glory of the game. Which is worse or are they any different?

Can we stop being so selfish in thinking that there is a moral measuring stick to cheating. Financial, physical, and mental differences, yes. But moral? No!

You cheating is a whole lot less destructive mentally and financially than you smoking a pack of cigarettes a day but they are both essentially morally cheating. Poisoning yourself goes without concern but let you commit to your natural urges. HTF does that make sense to you?

Don't you see how idiotic and hypocritical we look? Cancer, which may lead to death as a result of smoking, is nothing compared to a heart break because Jane or john knocked boots with the neighbor. It so pisses me off that people are so dishonest. You are lying to yourself right now.

You taking that pen from work without returning it is just as morally bad as you cheated on your spouse. Cheating is cheating!!

No all cheating is not the same. Don't believe me? Fall in love with someone and have them cheat on you. Then steal a pen, AND go to work and tell your boss.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-05-2016, 11:49 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
I agree with your last paragraph but your middle paragraph has been thoroughly debunked: Skeptic » Reading Room » Sex, Jealousy & Violence: A Skeptical Look at Evolutionary Psychology
Women who are emotionally unsatisfied have emotional affairs. Only women who are sexually unsatisfied engage in sexual infidelity. It's pretty much a myth that women engage in infidelity because they've fallen for someone else. The motive is usually either that the couple has become sexless, or it is as my former friend who is now 30 and with the same guy, but who used to cheat on him from 20-24 put it, the motive is 'same-d**k syndrome.'
Thoroughly debunked?! Can we have a tie breaker please?! That is the most outrageous load of cr*p I've read in awhile. Maybe 10,000 years ago, but we have home DNA kits now. Few modern women would be so reckless deliberately. Look at this forum and tell me that women are actively pursuing extra-marital sperm in any statistically significant way! They are far more likely to have children with their married partner and divorce, than to risk it all by having a pregnancy result from an extra-marital affair. Especially in America. America has 5% of the worlds population and 95% of the worlds lawyers.

And Kinsey... 50% of married men cheating? I don't know, maybe in 1950, but in 2016 it is something like 20% of men and 18% of women cheating in marriage. Probably slightly higher for both in actuality. But only slightly. But it disproves the notion that cheating is strictly a man's thing. Hmmmm... given that in 1950 a man was far more likely to be a sole bread-winner than in 2016... ... ya think?

I don't know about Canada and English speaking Europe, but in America that 18% of women that do cheat have some emotional connection with the person they are having an affair with. It may not be love but it is never completely anonymous. The percent of men and women engaging in anonymous sex is in the single digits. Very low.

Last edited by Leisesturm; 04-05-2016 at 12:44 PM..

Old 04-05-2016, 12:36 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Maybe because it is commonly said that women do it for sentimental reasons while men do it for carnal lustful reasons. Compare both and which ones sounds "nicer"?

For me, as most have said, cheating is just bad. No need to sugar-coat it.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:03 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
If a majority of you are correct then an awful lot of people are the scum of the earth... the majority in fact... I don't know... if you include relationships that are not marriages, and you track people over a lifetime of adult relationships... I'm sorry... it isn't reasonable to suppose that that many people from all races, genders, socio-economic groupings... that many people doing a behavior cannot reasonably be considered as "bad". It is becoming apparent to me that it is the non-cheaters who maintain a holier than thou superiority that are missing some essential... moxie... to take a risk when an opportunity presents itself.

If you live long enough you have cheated or will, you have been cheated on or will be cheated on. The only exceptions are asexuals. I'm getting a little sick and tired of all the whining and finger pointing and I have only been in this forum a few months. It's really annoying. Cheating happens, and it does not appear that those who have been cheated on take any responsibility. And given what we know about cheating... some of us here have actually done it. But for entirely understandable reasons are not that excited to reveal the fact here.

The divorce rate is high as it is. If everyone who was tempted by the fruit of another did the honorable thing and pulled the plug on their marriage for every passing fling that caught their eye.... where would we be? Seriously, do people think things through? For the foreseeable future men and women both will remain the fallible creatures that they are. Either we outlaw all concupiscence between the sexes to keep everyone safe, or we continue in the way we have since Creation, for better or worse.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:07 PM

854 posts, read 586,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Thoroughly debunked?! Can we have a tie breaker please?! That is the most outrageous load of cr*p I've read in awhile. Maybe 10,000 years ago, but we have home DNA kits now. Few modern women would be so reckless deliberately. Look at this forum and tell me that women are actively pursuing extra-marital sperm in any statistically significant way! They are far more likely to have children with their married partner and divorce, than to risk it all by having a pregnancy result from an extra-marital affair. Especially in America. America has 5% of the worlds population and 95% of the worlds lawyers.

And Kinsey... 50% of married men cheating? I don't know, maybe in 1950, but in 2016 it is something like 20% of men and 18% of women cheating in marriage. Probably slightly higher for both in actuality. But only slightly. But it disproves the notion that cheating is strictly a man's thing. Hmmmm... given that in 1950 a man was far more likely to be a sole bread-winner than in 2016... ... ya think?

I don't know about Canada and English speaking Europe, but in America that 18% of women that do cheat have some emotional connection with the person they are having an affair with. It may not be love but it is never completely anonymous. The percent of men and women engaging in anonymous sex is in the single digits. Very low.

The point that was thoroughly debunked is simply that who gets jealous more when it comes to sexual infidelity in particular is not dependent on sex, but culture (which informs attachment style), and this was proven with cross-cultural data. It may be the case that women are more jealous of sexual infidelity in America, but that shouldn't be extracted to some global truth about "female psychology" as though it is a monolith.

And I do believe that the primary reason that a woman commits sexualinfidelity is sexual dissatisfaction, not unlike a man.

Having said that, the infidelity rates for both sexes are rather low; around 1 in 6 for women and 1 in 5 for men in America (except for black men, where it's 1 in 3), and a little lower in Canada, where I do happen to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships