Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 10:40 PM

99 posts, read 102,499 times

Advertisements

They told me that they could afford it without me, but then when they started looking at all the extra costs (groceries, wifi, etc.) it doesn't look like they can (they all work in retail).

If I don't move in, she will break up with me. I know that that may actually not be the worst thing in the world in the long run, but... I have the feeling that if she broke up with me, a week later she'd realize she made a mistake and would regret breaking up with me. I don't know.

So now the big question is if I'm okay if this relationship ends... I cried like a b**** yesterday morning after I got home from her place when the subject of breakup came up... I get teared up just at the thought of losing her. But I don't like how this is a "don't move in, we break up" kind of 'deal.' It just makes me think that she might make these kind of 'deals' later, like "if you don't go on this vacation, we end" or "if you don't help pay for this [something we wouldn't need at all], we end."

I really don't want to lose her. We started dating and we connected fast. I wish our relationship wasn't depending on this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 04:20 AM

11,809 posts, read 12,049,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by throughthelookingglass View Post
They told me that they could afford it without me, but then when they started looking at all the extra costs (groceries, wifi, etc.) it doesn't look like they can (they all work in retail).

If I don't move in, she will break up with me. I know that that may actually not be the worst thing in the world in the long run, but... I have the feeling that if she broke up with me, a week later she'd realize she made a mistake and would regret breaking up with me. I don't know.

So now the big question is if I'm okay if this relationship ends... I cried like a b**** yesterday morning after I got home from her place when the subject of breakup came up... I get teared up just at the thought of losing her. But I don't like how this is a "don't move in, we break up" kind of 'deal.' It just makes me think that she might make these kind of 'deals' later, like "if you don't go on this vacation, we end" or "if you don't help pay for this [something we wouldn't need at all], we end."

I really don't want to lose her. We started dating and we connected fast. I wish our relationship wasn't depending on this...
Listen to your gut! It's practically screaming at you right now.

The fact that the future of your relationship depends on moving in with them, to help them defray expenses, means your relationship isn't built on a solid foundation. You know this would be the wrong choice based on everything else you've written in this thread.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:20 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,015,713 times
If you moving in then move in with one person not with a group. Once long ago my brother had a terrible scenario doing that. At the end my father pay off the lease and got my brother out of the mess. So ... things can happen.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:26 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,015,713 times
Quote:

Let her ,, it is your choice be the sugar daddy or not. What this girls need a sugar daddy to pay the bills rent and bring there bring here,, when daddy gotta no money they will say get lost. Sorry but I feel very rude to be threaten like that.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:35 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,365,087 times
Although it might be painful, the fact that this relationship DOES depend on a financial agreement shows her true feelings for you.

Be happy you learned this about her now rather than after you moved in together.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:24 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,282,949 times
Quote:

I'm going to say this with love, but it's going to come out rude.

Man up.

This woman saw you coming a mile away. For safety reasons if nothing else, no way in hell would I move in with a man that I knew for only six months. I'm not sure if this is your first relationship or not - sounds like it - but this woman is taking advantage of you.

I saw the first red flag way back on page one when you both were arguing about the rent - she was more worried about her friends getting screwed over.

Don't wait for her to break up with you. End it, now, or pay - literally and figuratively - later.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:57 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,183,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Although it might be painful, the fact that this relationship DOES depend on a financial agreement shows her true feelings for you.

Be happy you learned this about her now rather than after you moved in together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I'm going to say this with love, but it's going to come out rude.

Man up.

This woman saw you coming a mile away. For safety reasons if nothing else, no way in hell would I move in with a man that I knew for only six months. I'm not sure if this is your first relationship or not - sounds like it - but this woman is taking advantage of you.

I saw the first red flag way back on page one when you both were arguing about the rent - she was more worried about her friends getting screwed over.

Don't wait for her to break up with you. End it, now, or pay - literally and figuratively - later.
IMHO she never really loved or even liked you. She saw an easy mark. All she saw was your wallet.

You are very lucky that you discovered that before you signed a lease.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:16 AM

99 posts, read 102,499 times
Okay. I'll talk to her tonight and if she keeps bringing up money or pressuring me into signing right now, I'll end it.
This isn't my first serious relationship, but the first where apartments came up.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:16 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,432,101 times
Quote:
During a conversation, she said that if we didn't move in together, it would likely end the relationship sooner than moving in together.

Tell that gold-digger Bye Felicia!

Old 04-21-2016, 09:32 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,454,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
Good point! A couple I am friends with used to share their apartment with another person. The couple got the bigger bedroom but they did split the rent between 3 for the reasons you mentioned.
My co-worker's sons took my suggestion and split the rent based on a prorated basis of who got the bigger room.

Quote:
I just don't know. During a conversation, she said that if we didn't move in together, it would likely end the relationship sooner than moving in together. I mean, I'm not the typical college student that likes to party or see how many women I can be with. I like being in a relationship knowing that we can take it next steps. I just don't want to make a bad decision

I feel happier with the fact that moving in could be the next step. I would be devastated if we broke up. That would distract me more from school. I wouldn't feel happy enough to finish strong this semester.
You've been talking about moving in together for over a month now and now you are back-pedaling on that idea. Is it possible she said these things out of anger and hurt feelings in the heat of the moment?

Also, you could point out to her that you moving in with your brother could be a good thing - if the roommates get on her nerves, or if she needs somewhere quieter to study or work on a huge project, it would give her a place to go to escape from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships