Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2016, 08:30 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,013,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post

Honestly, I have lived a life of regrets. I have a bachelor's degree, but the job that I have is the same job that I would have had even if I didn't have a degree.
I have made the same experience. Maybe go the extra step and get a masters? I am almost finished and start applying for jobs. There is a huge pay difference in my area between bachelors and masters and those 1,5 years of taking classes are really worth it. If you can afford lasik, you can afford a masters.

My suggestion: not as many hours at the gym, sign up for classes, get your degree, work on your self esteem and find a better woman. This one is a disaster and will cost you more $$$ and nerves in the next few years than a masters degree will, I promise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 08:53 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,016,066 times
The Offspring - Self Esteem

I wrote her off for the tenth time today
And practiced all the things I would say
But she came over, I lost my nerve
I took her back and made her deserve
Now I know I'm being used
That's okay man 'cause I like the abuse
Well, I know she's playing with me
That's okay 'cause I've got no self esteem

We make plans to go out at night
I wait till two then I turn out the light
This rejection's got me so low
If she keeps it up I just might tell her so

When she's saying, all that she wants only me
Then I wonder why she sleeps with my friends
When she saying, all men are like a disease
Then I wonder how much more I can spend
Well I guess, I should stick up for myself
But I really think it's better this way
The more you suffer
The more it shows you really care, right? Yeah
Now I'll relate, this little bit
That happens more than I'd like to admit
Late at night, she knocks on my door
She's drunk again and looking to score
Now I know, I should say no, but
That's kind of hard when she's ready to go
I may be dumb, but I'm not a dweeb
I'm just a sucker with no self esteem

When she's saying, all that she wants only me
Then I wonder why she sleeps with my friends
When she's saying, all that I'm like a disease
Then I wonder how much more I can spend
Well I guess, I should stick up for myself
But I really think it's better this way
The more you suffer
The more it shows you really care, right? Yeah

Old 05-05-2016, 10:10 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,915,951 times
Quote:
I have also dated numerous women over the years. Many of those women would later leave me for someone else.
It sounds like you have something going on that causes you to pick women who cannot offer you any kind of stability.

Quote:
I am concerned about her daughter who was taken away from her. I think you are right that my current girlfriend must have been extremely abusive if her daughter was taken away from her. My girlfriend told me that her ex-husband was abusive toward their daughter. She showed me her text conversation with the foster parents on her phone on Sunday, and I think she said in one of her text messages that she was abusive toward her daughter. I have a question. If my girlfriend changes her ways in the future, is there any way she can get her daughter back?
If her daughter was adopted, no, she cannot get her back.

How does she treat her sons now?

Old 05-05-2016, 11:46 AM

625 posts, read 953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
It sounds like you have something going on that causes you to pick women who cannot offer you any kind of stability.

How does she treat her sons now?

My girlfriend is very nice to her sons, and she truly does cares for them. But the other morning after I spent the night at her place earlier this week, she took one of her sons to school. Fortunately, the older son is always very eager to go to school, and he gets up very early and waits for his mom to take him. But after she came back home, she tried to get her younger son up from bed, because he also needed to go to school. The younger child was very stubborn, and he would not leave the bed. She told him that she would give him five minutes to get ready. Sometimes, he would go to school late because it would take so long for him to get up from bed and get ready. One morning, I helped him on his homework, because he didn't do his homework on the previous night. I have asked her how her kids are doing, and if her younger son is getting his homework done. She told me that he is behind on his homework. I told her that he needs to go to school every day. I eventually had to leave to go to work, but honestly, I don't know if he went to school that day. I suspect that maybe she is overly nice to her kids and doesn't discipline them for fear of losing them to foster care.

Last edited by anonymous51; 05-05-2016 at 11:59 AM..

Old 05-05-2016, 12:24 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,456,114 times
Quote:
Even if she hasn't been adopted by the foster parents, it's also possible she had to sign away her parental rights and won't be able to get her daughter back due to that.

Old 05-07-2016, 09:36 PM

UPDATE

I am still recovering from my laser eye surgery. I think that I will be back to normal in a few days. I am planning on meeting my girlfriend next weekend. We still text each other in the meantime.

Old 05-07-2016, 10:50 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,915,951 times
Quote:
UPDATE

I am still recovering from my laser eye surgery. I think that I will be back to normal in a few days. I am planning on meeting my girlfriend next weekend. We still text each other in the meantime.
In the meantime, is the other guy staying there?

Old 05-07-2016, 11:00 PM

Quote:
In the meantime, is the other guy staying there?

My girlfriend told me that the other guy moved out. I believe that he still has some things in her garage, but he is not staying there anymore.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:21 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,215,804 times
Quote:
My girlfriend texted me last night and asked me to stop texting her for a couple days. She said that she wants to be alone, and this weekend, she will be busy with friends. She said that she can't see me, and she will text me on Monday. Now I understand perfectly that we can't see each other for a few days, because sometimes people want to be alone, spend time with family or friends, or have a girl's night out. I totally understand that, especially since I was with friends earlier this month. What I didn't understand is why I can't text her or communicate with her at all until Monday. I texted her even when I was hanging out with friends on a weekend earlier this month. Should I be concerned? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Because you are suffocating her. I mean, come on.

Old 05-08-2016, 02:24 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,936,606 times
Stop texting her for a week. That should pretty well answer the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships