Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 10:10 PM

53 posts, read 77,743 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I've been dating for almost 8 months and he's never given me any reason not to trust him but I can't help feeling jealous in this situation. We're living ~3 hrs away from each other this summer and it's the second weekend apart after being ~30 min away for our whole relationship so I miss him. Tonight one of his female friends came home for the weekend and the 2 of them are at a bar right now. I've never met her but my boyfriend tried to FaceTime with me when they were together to maybe introduce us. I thought that was nice, but I still feel so uneasy that they're together and I don't know why. I'm jealous and feel weird about it but I know I can't be controlling and tell him he can't have female friends. How do I deal with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 10:18 PM

403 posts, read 867,213 times
So what if it is a female. There is nothing wrong with people being friends of opposite sex. My husband works out with some of our friends that are very hot, I meet old high school friends. & go out with male friends. It's just friends.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:36 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
Work on your self worth and self image. That's how you can deal with your insecurity. The problem and the solution has nothing to do with your boyfriend or his friends, everything to do with you.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:47 PM

52,206 posts, read 52,636,749 times
I think you're being just a tad immature, this is assuming of course your BF isn't a creep. That is the real question? Is he a creep? Can you answer that question honestly?

If he's not a creep let this go.... you're in for a world of hurt if you hang on to this sort of insecurity.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:18 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times
OP is right to feel unease.

Why would a guy want to take a female 'friend' to a bar when he's in a relationship with another girl?

OP should ask her boyfriend, how would he feel if he spent alone time at a bar or other place with a guy friend.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:19 AM

52,206 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
OP is right to feel unease.

Why would a guy want to take a female 'friend' to a bar when he's in a relationship with another girl?

OP should ask her boyfriend, how would he feel if he spent alone time at a bar or other place with a guy friend.

I suppose you're one of those dudes that think that women are only for "bangin", not for having as friends????

Old 05-29-2016, 02:45 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times
I think it is great that your BF tried to introduce you two over facetime. It shows that both of you are important to him (in different ways). A BF wouldn't do that if he had an alterior motive.

However, it is normal to feel the way you do. Just need to rationalize it and hopefully over time you'll feel more confident in your relationship.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:46 AM

53 posts, read 77,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I think it is great that your BF tried to introduce you two over facetime. It shows that both of you are important to him (in different ways). A BF wouldn't do that if he had an alterior motive.

However, it is normal to feel the way you do. Just need to rationalize it and hopefully over time you'll feel more confident in your relationship.
Thank you! I agree with you I know he's not doing anything sneaky I just have to have faith in our relationship and work on my insecurity.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:04 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post

Agreed, although I wonder why he wasn't successful introducing the two.

A guy that goes out to the bar with a 'friend' he wants to score with will absolutely not be introducing her to his girlfriend.

So OP I wouldn't worry too much about it. Relationships are about trust.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:59 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,091,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melflower View Post
Thank you! I agree with you I know he's not doing anything sneaky I just have to have faith in our relationship and work on my insecurity.
I've always had a lot of women friends in my circles.... Every woman I have dated had to go through the same process. You cannot control how you feel but you can choose what to do with that feeling; rationalize it. The good news is that with familiarity it becomes easier.... trust is built.

It is a two way street. IMO, guys are even more protective. We all have those feelings... I think it is in our nature. You either avoid those situations or you deal with it. I had an "unconventional" relationship and there was no avoiding it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships