Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 04:43 PM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

I called my dad to check and see if his trip went well. He was supposed to go to Idaho this past weekend to visit some family members. It was him and a couple of other people and apparently the airport got shutdown from a blizzard. Wasn't sure where they were flying into, well, it's not like Idaho has a boat load of airports so it was probably Boise but whatever.

Then the airline company was trying to give them the runaround and not refund their money. Friggin A holes. That sorta thing grinds my gears. I guess they ended up getting vouchers to use at another time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 04:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I called my dad to check and see if his trip went well. He was supposed to go to Idaho this past weekend to visit some family members. It was him and a couple of other people and apparently the airport got shutdown from a blizzard. Wasn't sure where they were flying into, well, it's not like Idaho has a boat load of airports so it was probably Boise but whatever.

Then the airline company was trying to give them the runaround and not refund their money. Friggin A holes. That sorta thing grinds my gears. I guess they ended up getting vouchers to use at another time.
Tell him to go to sound off. I did with the mall that had a pothole that broke my axle. Noticed during the summer it was all fixed up.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:11 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
I'm sitting here in the quiet. I had to turn the TV off. I just can't take so much stupid anymore. And I don't know what I was watching last night (maybe "Kevin Can Wait"), and my God the wife on that show is a ******! I turned it off then, too. If that's what women strive to become and if that's what men think ALL of us are like, no wonder the C-D boards have the topics and mentality that they do. I could never treat someone like that, nor would I be treated like that.

I'm contemplating which book to start next. One bedroom has been made into a little library. I'd love shelves & a rolling ladder. Maybe when I'm rich & famous. LOL.

And I'm listening to my furnace. It's a beautiful sound. Ha!

Old 12-20-2016, 07:04 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I'm sitting here in the quiet. I had to turn the TV off. I just can't take so much stupid anymore. And I don't know what I was watching last night (maybe "Kevin Can Wait"), and my God the wife on that show is a ******! I turned it off then, too. If that's what women strive to become and if that's what men think ALL of us are like, no wonder the C-D boards have the topics and mentality that they do. I could never treat someone like that, nor would I be treated like that.

I'm contemplating which book to start next. One bedroom has been made into a little library. I'd love shelves & a rolling ladder. Maybe when I'm rich & famous. LOL.

Good for you, meta. I'm mighty glad you got her fixed easily...

I'm listening to the water flow into my basspond from an artesian spring...

Old 12-20-2016, 07:19 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post

Read a book about how to build bookshelves and a rolling ladder! Seriously... you don't have to be rich and famous, just crazy enough to think you can do anything! I fixed a washing machine once, also found myself buying a post hole digger, bag of quickrete and put up a fence bc I hated feeling like I was being watched when I was in the back yard.

My TV is off too.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:04 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Read a book about how to build bookshelves and a rolling ladder! Seriously... you don't have to be rich and famous, just crazy enough to think you can do anything! I fixed a washing machine once, also found myself buying a post hole digger, bag of quickrete and put up a fence bc I hated feeling like I was being watched when I was in the back yard.

My TV is off too.
That's so badass 🛠

I need to replace my fences soon, maybe I can do this? Sheet, I have so many things on my to do list, it'll probably be 2020 by the time I get around to that. I'm impressed with your skills, lady!

Old 12-21-2016, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
That's so badass 🛠

I need to replace my fences soon, maybe I can do this? Sheet, I have so many things on my to do list, it'll probably be 2020 by the time I get around to that. I'm impressed with your skills, lady!
Aw thanks😉 A smart schoolgirl like you could figure it out.
Hope you're enjoying your time off though, everyone needs a break!

Old 12-21-2016, 07:48 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post

My TV is off too.
Yeah, now I've inherited some power tools! As Tim the Tool Guy would say, "Arh! Arh! Arh!"

Last summer I contemplated breaking up my driveway to make way for a new one. Someone asked me if I was nuts. I never got to that because life took over. But I do try to do most everything before I get another person involved. Mostly, my problem is impatience.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
We have a 'secret agent man' among our ranks, folks - what a Lou-Lou!

Old 12-21-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
We have a 'secret agent man' among our ranks, folks - what a Lou-Lou!
I saw that. It seems like he's in some kind of manic fugue twisting out of lies and back peddling around 'facts' as fast as he can type...and yet trying to come across as every woman's dream.

I wonder how people like that present in real life? It's not possible to examine their thoughts in person, just meeting in a real life scenerio, so about how long would one be in their presence before they got that sinking: "oh he's actually mentally ill"...Feeling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships