Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 01:37 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I think my next pickup will be a Ford with wither a 6.2 gas or a 6.7 diesel. I plan to keep mine for a long time. I keep thinking a fun second vehicle is the way to go. But what I have now is perfect.

There's a 92 Ford flare side pickup down the street. I see on like it on Craigslist. I think they are one in the same. That would be a fun project.
I'm thinking of a 6.0 and then bulletproofing it. I just don't see any in my price range. I can afford one but I see one's with 200K+ miles for like $14K-$16K and for F-250's. I'd like an F-250 or another F-350. KBB says mine is worth like $6K-$7K haha. My uncle got an 04 F-250 for $12K back in 2010 and it only had 90K miles or so at the time. I'm not sure if it's bulletproofed but he doesn't have any problems with it. I was shocked that he got it for that cheap, so was he.

My best friend has a 2010 F-350 with the 6.4 and it's pretty nice. It's a really nice ride, the seats are comfortable and you can turn the truck almost 180 degrees just by moving the wheel an inch haha. You basically have to move my wheel all the way around just to make a slight turn because it's so worn. Even his with 110K miles is like brand new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 05:33 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,535,624 times
What does this mean.....

I watched a film and one was on the phone he was talking about a bloke that " had a severe vitamin D deficiency ".... I know it wasn't favourable but can't work it out

Cheers

Old 12-11-2016, 05:51 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
What does this mean.....

I watched a film and one was on the phone he was talking about a bloke that " had a severe vitamin D deficiency ".... I know it wasn't favourable but can't work it out

Cheers
Often caused by not getting enough sunlight and,of course, other medical reasons but regardless of the reason, can cause some serious symptoms such as lethargy, depression, muscle aches, etc. and, if ongoing, more serious effects on other organs.

Old 12-11-2016, 05:58 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,535,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Often caused by not getting enough sunlight and,of course, other medical reasons but regardless of the reason, can cause some serious symptoms such as lethargy, depression, muscle aches, etc. and, if ongoing, more serious effects on other organs.
That makes sense it's in " enemy of the state "

Thank you

Old 12-11-2016, 07:05 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I'm thinking of a 6.0 and then bulletproofing it. I just don't see any in my price range. I can afford one but I see one's with 200K+ miles for like $14K-$16K and for F-250's. I'd like an F-250 or another F-350. KBB says mine is worth like $6K-$7K haha. My uncle got an 04 F-250 for $12K back in 2010 and it only had 90K miles or so at the time. I'm not sure if it's bulletproofed but he doesn't have any problems with it. I was shocked that he got it for that cheap, so was he.

My best friend has a 2010 F-350 with the 6.4 and it's pretty nice. It's a really nice ride, the seats are comfortable and you can turn the truck almost 180 degrees just by moving the wheel an inch haha. You basically have to move my wheel all the way around just to make a slight turn because it's so worn. Even his with 110K miles is like brand new.
In 10 the reputation for the 6.0 was really bad. Most guys had them paid off and wanted to get rid of them and would do so at any cost. Flooding the market and reputation. Fast forward six years. The fixes have gone down in price, the fixes routine and the 7.3 reaching the end of their service life in many instances have raised the price of the 6.0 Super Duty. By 05 and on, there were some changes in the engine.

I'd tototally avoid a 6.4. The issues in a 6.4 when it lets go is three times the cost of a 6.0. A scanguage II or Torque app to keep a close eye on the engine is a must. Oil temp, coolant temp and FICM voltage being the main things to watch.

Mine started right up last night when it was 6 degrees out. I warmed it for 20 minutes before taking it for a drive.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:44 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Welp, my date for today flaked out on me for the second time. Nothing shuts down sexual juices and attraction like someone who is a flake.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:06 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Welp, my date for today flaked out on me for the second time. Nothing shuts down sexual juices and attraction like someone who is a flake.
Sexual Juices sounds like the name of a rock band. LOL. But if the flake flaked out, it seems you dodged a bullet.

Have an offer on MG's Harley and house. Both should be gone by year's end. Two less things to worry about.

Have a handyman coming this week to look at my thermostat & furnace. I don't mind it a bit cool in the house, but 50 - 55 is too much for these old bones when I'm here. And (of course) we are expecting that Article air to blast us. UGH. Crossing my fingers that I don't need a new furnace. I hate not being able to do it on my own.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:24 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Sorry to hear that. Flakey people really grind my gears. Major pet peeve of mine. People who are always late are a close second. I'm talking chronically late, not the occasional times.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:59 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Sexual Juices sounds like the name of a rock band. LOL. But if the flake flaked out, it seems you dodged a bullet.

Have an offer on MG's Harley and house. Both should be gone by year's end. Two less things to worry about.

Have a handyman coming this week to look at my thermostat & furnace. I don't mind it a bit cool in the house, but 50 - 55 is too much for these old bones when I'm here. And (of course) we are expecting that Article air to blast us. UGH. Crossing my fingers that I don't need a new furnace. I hate not being able to do it on my own.
If your furnace has a pilot light that won't stay lit, you may need to replace the thermocouple.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:19 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
If your furnace has a pilot light that won't stay lit, you may need to replace the thermocouple.
Thanks, Hawk. I can hear it click on, then that familiar "woosh" sound. It makes another noise as if it's really going to throw some heat, then "thunk", it stops. I think it worked at some point today while I was gone, because it's still almost 50 in here.

Anyway, I'm doing laundry so that the dryer can keep the basement warm, and I did some baking to keep the main floor warm. Sort of. LOL

I bought the thermostat last winter, but that didn't make a difference.

I DID treat myself to hair highlights (it's been years), so I look better while I snuggle in. Ha!

BTW: Go Green Bay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships