Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2021, 03:37 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I got my second Covid vaccine shot today. I can't decide if I'm feeling tired and lethargic because of the shot, or just generally.
My partner was a bit off after his second shot, too, but as you wrote, he couldn't tell if his fatigue was due to the shot or just business as usual.

I've yet to get my first injection, but I'm planning on heading down to the North Side for mine next week when I have a minute. Heard tell that they're slapping on My Little Pony Band Aids on arms after they've been shot.

I want a MLP Band Aid and figure that I can get an icy ball at Gus and Ya-Yas afterwards. Call me a child, but there's just something about a special treat after getting a shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2021, 03:50 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times
For what it is worth, I had more problem with the first moderna shot than the second. I felt a little sick after the first shot. Everyone else, if they had any issues, had them much worse with the second, so I had a little trepidation about my second shot and I kept thinking it was going to get worse. It didn't. The second shot was just a little soreness in my arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
My partner was a bit off after his second shot, too, but as you wrote, he couldn't tell if his fatigue was due to the shot or just business as usual.

I've yet to get my first injection, but I'm planning on heading down to the North Side for mine next week when I have a minute. Heard tell that they're slapping on My Little Pony Band Aids on arms after they've been shot.

I want a MLP Band Aid and figure that I can get an icy ball at Gus and Ya-Yas afterwards. Call me a child, but there's just something about a special treat after getting a shot.

When we were little if me or any of my brothers got a shot, my mom would give us candy or gum for having to endure getting a shot. When I was little I got upset about not getting a shot because I wanted the candy afterwards. Instead I got a spanking for complaining.

Old 05-18-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
For what it is worth, I had more problem with the first moderna shot than the second. I felt a little sick after the first shot. Everyone else, if they had any issues, had them much worse with the second, so I had a little trepidation about my second shot and I kept thinking it was going to get worse. It didn't. The second shot was just a little soreness in my arm.

When we were little if me or any of my brothers got a shot, my mom would give us candy or gum for having to endure getting a shot. When I was little I got upset about not getting a shot because I wanted the candy afterwards. Instead I got a spanking for complaining.
Old-school parent(s)! Mine were, too, but The Look is what my siblings and I generally received for such shenanigans. Simple and very effective--especially from my Dad when given via a rear view mirror aimed squarely at the offending child of the moment. I still sit up straight even when thinking about that look, lol. My brother still does it to his kids from time to time, although not as much now that they're mostly grown. Darn if it doesn't give me flashbacks when he does that!

When I was a kid, I used to get weekly allergy shots (one in each arm) and I was fascinated by all things medically related, so shots never bothered me much. Still, an ice cream cone was often in order after those appointments. Stopping at the icy ball cart would be a way of paying homage to those allergy-ridden days of my childhood and doing my civic duty to public health, to boot.

Old 05-18-2021, 04:40 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post

I actually did go through the drive through and get a happy meal afterward. An ice ball would have been a better choice, though.

Old 05-18-2021, 04:44 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
I worked an 11 hour day before shot number 2. Then worked an 8 hour day, the day of the shot. Then a short day on Friday. The sense of relief afterwards sure is nice.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:30 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Y'all are reminding me of the ritual I had with my kids and their vaccinations. We would stop by Rite Aid to have the ice cream slinger hand-scoop them a waffle cone of their choosing. My daughter discovered my favorite flavor of Thrifty's ice cream - circus animal - on one of these after-trips. And they don't sell it in the freezer in those half-gallon boxes, it's only available at the counter.

I suffered more with the second shot of Moderna vaccine. I spent nearly 2 weeks icing the shoulder, it was so inflamed. Fortunately the timing coincided with my spring break week and I didn't need to miss much work (just one day).

Just glad it's over now and I can go out and eat in restaurants with my friends - it's been so enjoyable to make plans and get together like we used to pre-pandemic. God knows I never thought it was such a big deal before.

Old 05-18-2021, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I actually did go through the drive through and get a happy meal afterward. An ice ball would have been a better choice, though.
Lol. We're all just taller children, aren't we? (To paraphrase Elizabeth and the Catapult)

Old 05-19-2021, 03:26 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Y'all are reminding me of the ritual I had with my kids and their vaccinations. We would stop by Rite Aid to have the ice cream slinger hand-scoop them a waffle cone of their choosing. My daughter discovered my favorite flavor of Thrifty's ice cream - circus animal - on one of these after-trips. And they don't sell it in the freezer in those half-gallon boxes, it's only available at the counter.

I suffered more with the second shot of Moderna vaccine. I spent nearly 2 weeks icing the shoulder, it was so inflamed. Fortunately the timing coincided with my spring break week and I didn't need to miss much work (just one day).

Just glad it's over now and I can go out and eat in restaurants with my friends - it's been so enjoyable to make plans and get together like we used to pre-pandemic. God knows I never thought it was such a big deal before.
At Thrifty, my favorite has always been butter pecan ice cream......yum

Old 05-19-2021, 11:24 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I worked an 11 hour day before shot number 2. Then worked an 8 hour day, the day of the shot. Then a short day on Friday. The sense of relief afterwards sure is nice.
I agree!

Old 05-19-2021, 11:37 AM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
At Thrifty, my favorite has always been butter pecan ice cream......yum
The butter pecan ice cream was very good, but my favorite was the mocha almond fudge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships