Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2023, 08:57 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I watch the BIG Game because I really like football, and it was a pretty good game. I also like to see the commercials and some of the ones this year were good.

The halftime show was visually interesting, but her lip-singing was a disappointment. In my opinion, no one will ever top Prince.
Your last sentence gives me inappropriate thoughts.

And I don't feel bad in the slightest for saying so, because apparently having inappropriate thoughts about Prince is so unavoidable that it even shows up in Warner Bros cartoons.

What a legend he was, though, for serious. Massive talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY2kC5fZG64
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2023, 12:04 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Watched it a few times before too, and still got choked up for some reason I love when people are good at what they do and aren’t afraid to show it.

Happy Valentine’s Day!
Happy V Day!!!

Old 02-22-2023, 12:20 PM

52,253 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Anyone here ever try Miracle Noodles? There is a rice version too.

It's advertised as gluten free and low carb too. The reviews I came across it's kind of mixed bag, some thought they were gross and rubbery and others like them.

They only come in packs of 6 according to their website. I'd hate to have to buy that much right off the bat in case they are awful.

Old 02-23-2023, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

It's advertised as gluten free and low carb too. The reviews I came across it's kind of mixed bag, some thought they were gross and rubbery and others like them.

They only come in packs of 6 according to their website. I'd hate to have to buy that much right off the bat in case they are awful.
I have never tried them. Are they like Ramen?

Old 02-24-2023, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I have never tried them. Are they like Ramen?
Not sure. I found a place where I can buy them in a single package, not in bulk. I might give them a try.

I took a blood test to see if I have Celiac disease and it hasn't come back yet. All I know is that I had stomach pains for about two weeks and when I stopped eating any kind of wheat/flour after a few days I was feeling better. So, we'll see when the blood test results come back.

I've been doing a no/low gluten diet for several days now and it forces you to really sort of map out your food choices. Makes it much harder to just walk into a place without planning ahead.

All of the quick usual items are gone, sandwiches, pasta, pizza. Salads are a pretty good easy got to, but I can only eat so much salad.

Old 02-24-2023, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Not sure. I found a place where I can buy them in a single package, not in bulk. I might give them a try.

I took a blood test to see if I have Celiac disease and it hasn't come back yet. All I know is that I had stomach pains for about two weeks and when I stopped eating any kind of wheat/flour after a few days I was feeling better. So, we'll see when the blood test results come back.

I've been doing a no/low gluten diet for several days now and it forces you to really sort of map out your food choices. Makes it much harder to just walk into a place without planning ahead.

All of the quick usual items are gone, sandwiches, pasta, pizza. Salads are a pretty good easy got to, but I can only eat so much salad.
Oh no! I am sorry that you are going through that.

Old 02-24-2023, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Oh no! I am sorry that you are going through that.
Thanks.

Could always be worse as they say.

Old 02-27-2023, 12:21 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:

I thought they were gross. Apparently they're better if you follows some extra steps that take awhile, like soaking in cold water for awhile and rinsing.

Old 03-04-2023, 03:06 PM

Happy Saturday all!

Any fun weekend plans?

Old 03-04-2023, 07:12 PM

19,428 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Happy Saturday all!

Any fun weekend plans?
Hi, mlj! We just got back from having Mexican food. Sooo sleepy right now.

Have you had any hail there? We had a short storm the other day. Fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships