Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2019, 08:06 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sports jacket for a wedding or just slacks and a dress shirt.

Semi formal. Different websites say different things.
If you are interested in meeting women, I would go with the sports jacket. If you are in a relationship I would go with the slacks and dress shirt. Just as there are some men who really like women in dresses there are some women who really like men dressed more formally. Also if you are a bit portly or older, a sport coat can hide a lot of flaws in man's appearance. Just make sure it fits well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 08:17 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
If you are interested in meeting women, I would go with the sports jacket. If you are in a relationship I would go with the slacks and dress shirt. Just as there are some men who really like women in dresses there are some women who really like men dressed more formally. Also if you are a bit portly or older, a sport coat can hide a lot of flaws in man's appearance. Just make sure it fits well.
I have to dress nice for work, so the slacks and dress shirt I've got covered already. I've been coupled up with same woman since jesus was working with wood so I ain't out chasing tail. I am a fat middle aged dude so the sportsjacket does help in that department.

Old 10-27-2019, 08:18 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Got a work headshot type of photo a while back. Had on a sports jackets type thing for that. Looked like an O G old school pimp from back in the day.

When all else fails do it pimp style son.......
Darn right. Time to bring back some style. Nothing wrong with looking sharp.

Old 10-27-2019, 08:26 PM

"If you don't know, now you know."

Mr. Smalls.

Old 10-27-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
"If you don't know, now you know."

Mr. Smalls.
You’re killing me, Smalls.

I used that line the other day when asking some questions.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:31 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Sports jacket for a wedding or just slacks and a dress shirt.

Semi formal. Different websites say different things.
Eh, I say dress shirt/dress pants, unless you’re very comfortable in the jacket...I get warm quickly, I’m projecting. You wear what you will enjoy the experience in.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:12 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
Got a work headshot type of photo a while back. Had on a sports jackets type thing for that. Looked like an O G old school pimp from back in the day.

When all else fails do it pimp style son.......
These are words to live by. I think I just had an epiphany. Either that, or indigestion. Maybe I should stop drinking mountain dew for breakfast.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
These are words to live by. I think I just had an epiphany. Either that, or indigestion. Maybe I should stop drinking mountain dew for breakfast.
I have to channel my inner street youth every now and then. It's boring sometimes being middle age white guy.

Old 10-28-2019, 11:56 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Awkwardness. I am sitting in a quiet office, and I have some dry skin on my lip and I was sucking my lip into my mouth and fiddling with it with my teeth like, and I made a strange, loud, mouth sound. Now I'm intensely self conscious in a weird way. I banged my coffee cup on my desk like that somehow made it better? It sounded nothing like that.

*sigh*

We have snow here and my drive to work sucked. Saturday it was 70 degrees and sunny, and I saw a small group of children at a park, who had salvaged what snow they could find from shady spots under trees, and were building a snowman in the middle of the park in their shorts and t-shirts. Then yesterday, it was in the 20's and overcast and spitting occasional snow, and my next door neighbor was grilling burgers on his patio in a winter coat. The weather forecasts keep being wildly off in terms of when snow will start and how much there will be. Freaking Colorado. No one knows what is going on.

Old 10-28-2019, 01:17 PM

8 degrees here this morning. I put on long johns and wool socks. It’s too early for this bull by-product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships