Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2017, 06:34 PM

1,261 posts, read 972,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I want a talking bird! I tried to teach my parakeets to talk when I was little and crazy.
I swear I could hear them whispering to each other in the dark after I went to bed.
I had one...he was a vulgar little turd, don't know where he learned it from...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 07:04 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
I had one...he was a vulgar little turd, don't know where he learned it from...
That would be more fun anyway!

Old 03-11-2017, 08:15 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post

It's always better to get animals in pairs.
With the amount of rain we've had in LA the last few months, someone may have to do just this!

Quote:
I want a talking bird! I tried to teach my parakeets to talk when I was little and crazy.
I swear I could hear them whispering to each other in the dark after I went to bed.
They were probably secretly plotting your demise...my brother had a pair of cockatiels and I swear they were a sinister pair of little buzzards those two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Some pleasant posts here recently.
Recently? What are ya tryin' to say there, friendo?

Old 03-11-2017, 08:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Some pleasant posts here recently.
Oh?

Old 03-11-2017, 08:46 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
They were probably secretly plotting your demise...my brother had a pair of cockatiels and I swear they were a sinister pair of little buzzards those two...
Ha! Yeah mine weren't very cuddly, always whispering in the dark and biting me during the day...probably take a couple of parakeets quite awhile to kill me by tiny bites.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-11-2017 at 10:35 PM..

Old 03-11-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
[snip]

Ha! Yeah mine weren't very cuddly, always whispering in the dark and biting me during the day...probably take a couple of parakeets quite awhile to kill me by tiny bites.
When I was about 19 years old, my partner at the time convinced me to buy a pair of these at the market - biggest mistake ever. These birds were beyond sinister. My partner had the great idea to let them out of the cage in the living room to 'stretch their wings'...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandrine_parakeet

We were unable to get them back in the cage for days, and they took over the living room. Partner had a great idea - get them back in the cage by putting their food in there, forcing them to go back. We would spy on them from a crack in the door. Minutes later, one of them went back in the cage and started passing out apple wedges to its partner outside the cage! When we finally got them back in and were able to assess the damage, I discovered dribbles of parrot crap on my best LP covers (original Beatles' White Album for instance) among other 'discoveries'. Oh the things we indulge our partners with when we're in love...and 19 years old....

He finally agreed to find someone to take the birds. We downsized to a pair of finches.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-11-2017 at 10:35 PM..

Old 03-11-2017, 09:01 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Quote:
When I was little, my parents temporarily took in some birds that belonged to some relatives. One was a parrot. He would walk up your arm to perch on your shoulder. There were four of us kids. He was fine with the rest of us, but he would always bite my one brother's ear. We have no idea why. Maybe he smelled fear. lol

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-11-2017 at 10:36 PM..

Old 03-11-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I went to a cousin's house today and their bird, Chico, was insanely friendly. We had a conversation the entire time I was there lol.
lol

Love the name.

Quote:
With the amount of rain we've had in LA the last few months, someone may have to do just this!

Quote:
When I was about 19 years old, my partner at the time convinced me to buy a pair of these at the market - biggest mistake ever. These birds were beyond sinister. My partner had the great idea to let them out of the cage in the living room to 'stretch their wings'...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandrine_parakeet

We were unable to get them back in the cage for days, and they took over the living room. Partner had a great idea - get them back in the cage by putting their food in there, forcing them to go back. We would spy on them from a crack in the door. Minutes later, one of them went back in the cage and started passing out apple wedges to its partner outside the cage! When we finally got them back in and were able to assess the damage, I discovered dribbles of parrot crap on my best LP covers (original Beatles' White Album for instance) among other 'discoveries'. Oh the things we indulge our partners with when we're in love...and 19 years old....

He finally agreed to find someone to take the birds. We downsized to a pair of finches.
LMAO!

Pretty birds, though.

Back when I lived in an apartment, I woke up one morning and threw the covers back and a panicked wild bird flew off into my living room. It must have been snuggling with me on the bed during the night. I have NO idea how or when it got in.

So I opened my front door and tried to gently shoo it out. Like I said, it was pretty scared, though, and as it flew from one thing to another around the room, it proceeded to give my living room a new "paint job".

Old 03-11-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
lol

Back when I lived in an apartment, I woke up one morning and threw the covers back and a panicked wild bird flew off into my living room. It must have been snuggling with me on the bed during the night. I have NO idea how or when it got in.

So I opened my front door and tried to gently shoo it out. Like I said, it was pretty scared, though, and as it flew from one thing to another around the room, it proceeded to give my living room a new "paint job."
Omg, only in Southern California - reminds me of the time we came home and about four or five birds had pecked their way through the screen on the kitchen window and were perched on the blades of the Casablanca ceiling fan in the dining area, just chillin' like it was nobody's business, when we came home that afternoon. My now-ex got the great idea of turning the fan on to shoo them out towards and out through the back door. Holy shiitake, what a show that was! Those birds went from chill to pissed in zero seconds. Because we have an open floor plan, Some of them flew further into the house, into the living room, and started flying against windows, so I ran and opened the front door too and eventually they all squawked their way out.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Omg, only in Southern California - reminds me of the time we came home and about four or five birds had pecked their way through the screen on the kitchen window and were perched on the blades of the Casablanca ceiling fan in the dining area, just chillin' like it was nobody's business, when we came home that afternoon. My now-ex got the great idea of turning the fan on to shoo them out towards and out through the back door. Holy shiitake, what a show that was! Those birds went from chill to pissed in zero seconds. Because we have an open floor plan, Some of them flew further into the house, into the living room, and started flying against windows, so I ran and opened the front door too and eventually they all squawked their way out.
LOL!

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of with this bird, that it was going to panic and hurt itself, but it got out okay.

Another time, again when I woke up, I discovered a small lizard on my bedroom carpet. It was dead, though. It was under a chair; I didn't step on it! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships