Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2019, 10:53 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Chrysler View Post
It’s chaos. Be kind.
Patton Oswalt's late wife said that.

Hearing him talk about her in one of his stand up things on Netflix damn near made me cry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 11:08 AM

880 posts, read 532,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Back With the Ex. I like this too. Netflix has better or more sophisticated (?) reality shows. Middle aged people too. This one reminded me of my ex from high school, but he was emotionally constipated and ultimately couldn’t say what he wanted. Their situation turned out much bette than I thought it would.
I started to watch this a couple of weeks ago, but didnt finish the first episode, got distracted with work. Its an aussie show right? People always ask me if im from Australia, my accent is nothing like that.

I did get totally addicted to Diva Brides though.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:33 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
I started to watch this a couple of weeks ago, but didnt finish the first episode, got distracted with work. Its an aussie show right? People always ask me if im from Australia, my accent is nothing like that.

I did get totally addicted to Diva Brides though.

Your locations shows Chicago.

Surely they aren't confusing a Chicago accent with and Aussie??

My Mom was an Aussie, I'm fairly familiar with one in real life.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Your locations shows Chicago.

Surely they aren't confusing a Chicago accent with and Aussie??

My Mom was an Aussie, I'm fairly familiar with one in real life.
British born and raised Asian girl living in the burbs....confusing people on a daily basis.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:38 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
British born and raised Asian girl living in the burbs....confusing people on a daily basis.
LOL, I literally laughed out loud.

I can imagine, a British accent coming out of an Asian person in Chicago.

Good stuff.

"Da Bears..." I always found the Chicago accent a little odd.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:43 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Date dance.🐈mm hmm HMmHmm I have a date tomorrow huh huh hmmHHMHMM. That’s really his dog too. And he’s cute and funny...hhmm HHUMMhmm. If you don’t hear from me I’m dead then, bc I’m going to his house...hhmm HMMHMhmmhmm.🐈

Last edited by RbccL; 03-01-2019 at 11:56 PM..

Old 03-04-2019, 12:31 AM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Is it just me? Increasingly, I just can't seem to make sense out of what many of these posters are saying. Is it because of text-speak? Is it because they're ESL folk? I can't for the life of me figure out what they're trying to say.

Old 03-04-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Is it just me? Increasingly, I just can't seem to make sense out of what many of these posters are saying. Is it because of text-speak? Is it because they're ESL folk? I can't for the life of me figure out what they're trying to say.
I usually have to read it a few times before it starts making sense. ESL i can grasp....text talk, not so much. I was having a convo with the bf's daughter last week (she's 18) She said something and then burst out laughing. I told her i had no clue what she just said and she just looked at me confused.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:51 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
I usually have to read it a few times before it starts making sense. ESL i can grasp....text talk, not so much. I was having a convo with the bf's daughter last week (she's 18) She said something and then burst out laughing. I told her i had no clue what she just said and she just looked at me confused.
Lol. Yeah, I can figure it out if it's not perfect, but sometimes it's just one long run-on sentence where the words don't even seem to have anything to do with each other. Weird. Bots, maybe?? I'm not sure how (or why) those things work.

Old 03-04-2019, 01:02 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol. Yeah, I can figure it out if it's not perfect, but sometimes it's just one long run-on sentence where the words don't even seem to have anything to do with each other. Weird. Bots, maybe?? I'm not sure how (or why) those things work.

Or maybe google translator gone wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships