Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 03:49 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
At least he was honest about it? revealed his feelings and tried to defend them? Not like The Secret Meeting To Dis Wimmenz guy, right? I want to know right away, so I don't waste my time with the discovery. I don't find out right away and I think it's so the guy can at least have a chance at meeting women. He's not going to put it on his profile, he's not going to tell you what you can expect, and that's just exhausting!
Oh no, it took years for me to get this stuff out of him. Many years.

Honestly there have been times I've wondered if he made some of it up, to justify his bad attitudes and behaviors and give himself extra "victim points." It would not be the first part of his history he's fabricated.

He has told people for pretty much his whole life that he was half Apache. He is not. I found his birth certificate with his bio parents names on it, and I found them. His bio mom has a VERY distinctive name. Like "there cannot be two such women in the same age range in all of America, let alone married to a man with the same name as bio dad" distinctive. He isn't part Native at all. He just made that up.

I asked his adoptive mom if she knew of any reason he would believe that or anywhere he might have gotten such an idea and she said, "No he's just been saying that since he was a little boy." Something he pretended became something he built into an identity he made up for himself.

But it took me many years to find the truth. And there were other things that he admitted only at the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 04:27 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,888 times
Quote:
I'm thinking of a growing trend of closet redpill. They dont want to list their beliefs about women on thier profile on a dating app, they may not tell you what they really think during the first date. You catch a familiar phrase use, or ideology that is propaganda and not gained through experience, you question them on it and a slight...smirk crosses their face. It's creepy, and secretive. I don't like the POC forum, but I have to really say the connection is to the emesis from our leader.
When a man calls women "females" that sets my teeth on edge and I am about 90% certain he's a red pill person by that point.

There are a fair few of them on dating apps, I've come across a few. Possibly because no-one will date them long term LOL so they remain on there for years. But I figure those are the same guys who are spouting off about it all online.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
My ex is full of anti-woman angst, but to some degree he's always been like that. He says that every woman in his life has "thrown him away like trash" beginning at birth, because he was adopted. I'm like, "what about the Mom who adopted you? I mean, she CHOSE to love and raise you...?" But his adoptive Mom might not have held him enough as a small baby, he says she once told him that she accidentally burned him while smoking when he was very little and after that, she left him in a crib or playpen a lot, because she's always been a chain smoker and was afraid it would happen again. And his adoptive father was brutally abusive to him, and all the love and efforts to "make up for it" in the world doesn't change the fact that she didn't or couldn't do anything to stop it from happening when it happened. I think that these foundations made him into a person who is obsessed with punishment and authority, and he recognizes the wrongs he's done to the extent he's willing to suffer and consider that fair, but he gets angry when other people don't suffer because he believes that they have wronged him and should be "punished" as well. I feel like I used to be able to hold some of his toxicity in check with daily maintenance of his needs and coaching and talk...but he's truly off the rails now.

And I'd be way past even thinking about him or his head full of crap, if my sons didn't spend every weekend with him, getting THEIR heads filled with it. At least, at 17 and 20, I can emphasize that they have the right and obligation to think for themselves, and that there are many viewpoints on everything, and while I won't come right out and tell them that their father is full of crap, I do suggest they look at where he's at in life, and question if that's where they want to live as adults. It's a pretty miserable place.
Oh God, that must be challenging. Hopefully they will realise that their dad doesn't have his head screwed on quite right.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:34 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
When a man calls women "females" that sets my teeth on edge and I am about 90% certain he's a red pill person by that point.

There are a fair few of them on dating apps, I've come across a few. Possibly because no-one will date them long term LOL so they remain on there for years. But I figure those are the same guys who are spouting off about it all online.
And who did they think would date/meet them if they revealed their opinions anyway:

Quote:
I'm not interested in females with opinions on things, or looking for free meals or thinking they should get paid equal when they can't pull a tree out of the ground. You will sign a NOT me2 contract and like it. You'll get your ring when I know you're not going to take off in my Silverado.
-ILIKE69

Old 09-13-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
And who did they think would date/meet them if they revealed their opinions anyway:
Quote:
"I'm not interested in females with opinions on things, or looking for free meals or thinking they should get paid equal when they can't pull a tree out of the ground. You will sign a not me2 contract and like it. You'll get your ring when I know you're not going to take off in my Silverado.
-ILIKE69"
Lol. Is that an actual quote from a dating website or from someone on here?

I find that if you have a disagreement with one of these guys, their true colours show very quickly. As this dude says, they can't handle women with opinions and that will come out sooner or later.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:59 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Lol. Is that an actual quote from a dating website or from someone on here?

I find that if you have a disagreement with one of these guys, their true colours show very quickly. As this dude says, they can't handle women with opinions and that will come out sooner or later.

Just me projecting. I like to act it out to see what that would be like. I like to imitate people too, especially when I've been drinking. Thank God it's Friday!

Old 09-13-2019, 05:04 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Y'know...I've got a very minor conundrum on my mind. I hesitate to start a thread on any of my own stuff, but I would not mind hearing opinions from (sane) people here.

I'm FB friends with my ex husband's ex wife. His second one (I was #3) who he cheated on with me, and left for me. I did not get her at the time, but she tried to warn me about him. For years I thought she was probably happy to have another woman come along to take him off her hands, I know their marriage sucked there toward the end. I remember like it was yesterday though, her telling me, "You don't know what you're getting into." And the way FB does, either she's posting tons of funny and relatable things lately or I'm just seeing lots of her posts, I dunno. But I feel like she and I have very similar positions and perspectives on many things. But if I comment on her posts, she never responds, though she does "like" some of my posts. I have actually been tempted to reach out with a message to say, "Hey...you tried to warn me, and thank you for that. I didn't listen, and I'm sorry. I did not respect you before, and you deserved better, but I see you and respect you now." Only thing is...she may still be connected to my ex. As of 4-5 years ago they were on speaking terms, but I don't know now. She has her friends list hidden and I've got him blocked. They have very opposite political beliefs and he's pretty obnoxious about that, though, so I find it hard to believe she'd tolerate him--he can't resist spouting off when he sees stuff like what she posts, so...

But I dunno. Maybe it would create drama. I'm not about that. What do you guys think? Speak my mind or let it lie?

Old 09-13-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Just me projecting. I like to act it out to see what that would be like. I like to imitate people too, especially when I've been drinking. Thank God it's Friday!

Haha. That's hilarious. Well you were a very convincing angry MRA! Had me fooled ;-)

Old 09-13-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Y'know...I've got a very minor conundrum on my mind. I hesitate to start a thread on any of my own stuff, but I would not mind hearing opinions from (sane) people here.

I'm FB friends with my ex husband's ex wife. His second one (I was #3) who he cheated on with me, and left for me. I did not get her at the time, but she tried to warn me about him. For years I thought she was probably happy to have another woman come along to take him off her hands, I know their marriage sucked there toward the end. I remember like it was yesterday though, her telling me, "You don't know what you're getting into." And the way FB does, either she's posting tons of funny and relatable things lately or I'm just seeing lots of her posts, I dunno. But I feel like she and I have very similar positions and perspectives on many things. But if I comment on her posts, she never responds, though she does "like" some of my posts. I have actually been tempted to reach out with a message to say, "Hey...you tried to warn me, and thank you for that. I didn't listen, and I'm sorry. I did not respect you before, and you deserved better, but I see you and respect you now." Only thing is...she may still be connected to my ex. As of 4-5 years ago they were on speaking terms, but I don't know now. She has her friends list hidden and I've got him blocked. They have very opposite political beliefs and he's pretty obnoxious about that, though, so I find it hard to believe she'd tolerate him--he can't resist spouting off when he sees stuff like what she posts, so...

But I dunno. Maybe it would create drama. I'm not about that. What do you guys think? Speak my mind or let it lie?
Personally I'd be tempted to let it lie. But I say that just because whenever I've done anything along those lines (and in situations where there is someone crazy on the periphery of it all), it's always created drama.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:15 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,584 times
Quote:
Just me projecting.
Always seeing enemies everywhere can't be healthy either......

(humbly added)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships