Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 02:20 PM

1,153 posts, read 568,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, yeah. It's funny, my posting history has the bulk of my posts here in Relationships sub-forum. I used to always never post in POC because it can get nasty. I find myself over there more now because after posting here for so long I find that most of the threads here in Relationship forum aren't real. Most of them are simply vehicles for mostly young men to vent against those evil nasty wominez.

I have a theory on what so many young men are so disenfranchised but I wonder what is happening to our society on this level.

I've spent a bulk of my working career in a mostly male dominated field and I've also spent nearly 25 plus years working with young men, mentoring them in work issues and also sometimes sneaking in life lesson type of things. I was a senior guy in my last position/company and worked with many many young 20's something guys and you know what? I've never rarely ever seen anything from these men that I see here on this forum.

Granted it's a working type of relationship but after a while you can tell how people think, if you listen. If you listen people tell you how they are, I think Maya Angelou said that, LOL, I don't know, but it's true. I don't understand what is happening with young men these days.

I'm hoping it's just a squeaky wheel type of deal, that loudest voices that get heard. I hope it is because otherwise we're going in the wrong direction.
I think we're getting more "womminz are evil" threads over here since 8chan shut down several days ago.

I read about a study which said that people who have poor mental health are more likely to spend vast amounts of time on the internet. Not saying that everyone who spends lots of time on this forum has poor mental health (I guess some of us are retired, or passing the time at work or whatever.)

I don't really see so much hostility from men out in the real world, I think most of the guys who hate women have mental health issues and don't get out much or interact with actual women, except online and they are alienated from reality to some degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Same thread.

I've been observing in some other areas of discussion around CDland (and social discourse, especially online, in general) that there is such a mindset with regard to so many things, where it's like team sports. Declaring oneself a member of one camp, and having irrational levels of hate and hostility for whatever you see as the opposition, to the point where folks seem like logic and reason is driven right out of their heads. This isn't just in the gender war, but politics and various things. It's wild and bizarre to me. And it often seems like very contrived hostility. Engineered for a purpose.
Yes, I agree. I've noticed that in the Brexit threads, too on here. It is so very polarised.

Old 09-13-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
It's a pigsty over there....especially when it's concerning racial issues. I've never seen so many people of one race claiming to know more about issues going on in another racial community. It's ridiculous. I lose brain cells every time I click on the forum link. I don't mind politics or other sensitive topics, but people can't have a conversation without getting emotional and hurling insults. Ugh.....
Yeah. I'd hate to be the moderator of that particular forum

Old 09-13-2019, 02:30 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I think we're getting more "womminz are evil" threads over here since 8chan shut down several days ago.

I read about a study which said that people who have poor mental health are more likely to spend vast amounts of time on the internet. Not saying that everyone who spends lots of time on this forum has poor mental health (I guess some of us are retired, or passing the time at work or whatever.)

I don't really see so much hostility from men out in the real world, I think most of the guys who hate women have mental health issues and don't get out much or interact with actual women, except online and they are alienated from reality to some degree.
I actually am seeing more of it. Those with the hostility and stories of evil wimmenz just won't come right out with the attitudes and opinions until prodded, and that's even scarier when revealed up close. I get that some may experience a golddigger or "life aint fair for the white guy" experience, but so many are not experiencing and just latching onto propaganda....

Old 09-13-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I actually am seeing more of it. Those with the hostility and stories of evil wimmenz just won't come right out with the attitudes and opinions until prodded, ant that's even scarier when revealed.
Oh really? Anything you care to share?

The only exception for me I can think of in the real world, is that my ex has a roommate who is quite an angry men's rights activist (or "meninist" as he calls himself), I'm still friends with my ex and I went over there last weekend. Me and the roommate had a debate about feminism (he doesn't believe there is any oppression of women in the world currently), I disagree. But we at least didn't hurl any insults, it was fairly civilised. He smokes way too much cannabis and just went through a nasty divorce and I wonder if he's projecting all his feelings about his ex onto womankind in general. He thinks that a woman's place is in the home with children. I said to him, that can be a very boring life for some women - I know I wouldn't want it.

Old 09-13-2019, 02:40 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I actually am seeing more of it. Those with the hostility and stories of evil wimmenz just won't come right out with the attitudes and opinions until prodded, and that's even scarier when revealed up close. I get that some may experience a golddigger or "life aint fair for the white guy" experience, but so many are not experiencing and just latching onto propaganda....
Like when they start in with the alimony and child support whining--like, dude, you're 24. Do you actually know anyone who's been married and then divorced in real life, or is this just MRA69 on reddit said that a friend of his cousin's neighbor's mechanic really got screwed?

Old 09-13-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Oh really? Anything you care to share?

The only exception for me I can think of in the real world, is that my ex has a roommate who is quite an angry men's rights activist (or "meninist" as he calls himself), I'm still friends with my ex and I went over there last weekend. Me and the roommate had a debate about feminism (he doesn't believe there is any oppression of women in the world currently), I disagree. But we at least didn't hurl any insults, it was fairly civilised. He smokes way too much cannabis and just went through a nasty divorce and I wonder if he's projecting all his feelings about his ex onto womankind in general. He thinks that a woman's place is in the home with children. I said to him, that can be a very boring life for some women - I know I wouldn't want it.
I'm thinking of a growing trend of closet redpill. They dont want to list their beliefs about women on thier profile on a dating app, they may not tell you what they really think during the first date. You catch a familiar phrase use, or ideology that is propaganda and not gained through experience, you question them on it and a slight...smirk crosses their face. It's creepy, and secretive. I don't like the POC forum, but I have to really say the connection is to the emesis from our leader.

Old 09-13-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Like when they start in with the alimony and child support whining--like, dude, you're 24. Do you actually know anyone who's been married and then divorced in real life, or is this just MRA69 on reddit said that a friend of his cousin's neighbor's mechanic really got screwed?
Exactly, 24 I'll take that as new to life experiences, don't know any better, but 44? Come clean. I want to know up front. Its going to rear it's ugly head sooner or later.

Old 09-13-2019, 02:46 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
My ex is full of anti-woman angst, but to some degree he's always been like that. He says that every woman in his life has "thrown him away like trash" beginning at birth, because he was adopted. I'm like, "what about the Mom who adopted you? I mean, she CHOSE to love and raise you...?" But his adoptive Mom might not have held him enough as a small baby, he says she once told him that she accidentally burned him while smoking when he was very little and after that, she left him in a crib or playpen a lot, because she's always been a chain smoker and was afraid it would happen again. And his adoptive father was brutally abusive to him, and all the love and efforts to "make up for it" in the world doesn't change the fact that she didn't or couldn't do anything to stop it from happening when it happened. I think that these foundations made him into a person who is obsessed with punishment and authority, and he recognizes the wrongs he's done to the extent he's willing to suffer and consider that fair, but he gets angry when other people don't suffer because he believes that they have wronged him and should be "punished" as well. I feel like I used to be able to hold some of his toxicity in check with daily maintenance of his needs and coaching and talk...but he's truly off the rails now.

And I'd be way past even thinking about him or his head full of crap, if my sons didn't spend every weekend with him, getting THEIR heads filled with it. At least, at 17 and 20, I can emphasize that they have the right and obligation to think for themselves, and that there are many viewpoints on everything, and while I won't come right out and tell them that their father is full of crap, I do suggest they look at where he's at in life, and question if that's where they want to live as adults. It's a pretty miserable place.

Old 09-13-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
My ex is full of anti-woman angst, but to some degree he's always been like that. He says that every woman in his life has "thrown him away like trash" beginning at birth, because he was adopted. I'm like, "what about the Mom who adopted you? I mean, she CHOSE to love and raise you...?" But his adoptive Mom might not have held him enough as a small baby, he says she once told him that she accidentally burned him while smoking when he was very little and after that, she left him in a crib or playpen a lot, because she's always been a chain smoker and was afraid it would happen again. And his adoptive father was brutally abusive to him, and all the love and efforts to "make up for it" in the world doesn't change the fact that she didn't or couldn't do anything to stop it from happening when it happened. I think that these foundations made him into a person who is obsessed with punishment and authority, and he recognizes the wrongs he's done to the extent he's willing to suffer and consider that fair, but he gets angry when other people don't suffer because he believes that they have wronged him and should be "punished" as well. I feel like I used to be able to hold some of his toxicity in check with daily maintenance of his needs and coaching and talk...but he's truly off the rails now.

And I'd be way past even thinking about him or his head full of crap, if my sons didn't spend every weekend with him, getting THEIR heads filled with it. At least, at 17 and 20, I can emphasize that they have the right and obligation to think for themselves, and that there are many viewpoints on everything, and while I won't come right out and tell them that their father is full of crap, I do suggest they look at where he's at in life, and question if that's where they want to live as adults. It's a pretty miserable place.
At least he was honest about it? revealed his feelings and tried to defend them? Not like The Secret Meeting To Dis Wimmenz guy, right? I want to know right away, so I don't waste my time with the discovery. I don't find out right away and I think it's so the guy can at least have a chance at meeting women. He's not going to put it on his profile, he's not going to tell you what you can expect, and that's just exhausting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships