Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 10:59 AM

1,153 posts, read 568,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
It totally cracks me up when people give unsigned, critical, nasty-gram reps.

Ohh, you're so sneaky getting a snipe in there on a comment from a closed thread. You sure got the last word, you clever little ninja, you.

I'll take that rep point now, thanks!

I feel like someone taped a nasty note written on a dollar bill to my front door. lol Silly.
Lol. I had one, too on the closed thread about women making false accusations and I had the same reaction. I wonder if it was from the same person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 11:02 AM

1,153 posts, read 568,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've been here 12 yrs (embarrassing to admit that) and I don't remember ever leaving a rep without signing it.

So.... if you get a nasty rep from me at least let ya know it was me.

I've received a few nasty reps without a name but sometimes you can tell who it is by the thread and what's going on, sometimes anyways.

It's the height of spinelessness to me to do that. Nut up or shut up.
I only very recently figured out how to leave notes with rep points, but I've never sent snarky comments with mine, as it seemed a bit weird to take the opportunity to criticise someone while giving rep points. I'd rather do that openly on the thread, with no rep points given

Old 09-13-2019, 11:18 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I only very recently figured out how to leave notes with rep points, but I've never sent snarky comments with mine, as it seemed a bit weird to take the opportunity to criticise someone while giving rep points. I'd rather do that openly on the thread, with no rep points given
LOL, yeah. It's funny, my posting history has the bulk of my posts here in Relationships sub-forum. I used to always never post in POC because it can get nasty. I find myself over there more now because after posting here for so long I find that most of the threads here in Relationship forum aren't real. Most of them are simply vehicles for mostly young men to vent against those evil nasty wominez.

I have a theory on what so many young men are so disenfranchised but I wonder what is happening to our society on this level.

I've spent a bulk of my working career in a mostly male dominated field and I've also spent nearly 25 plus years working with young men, mentoring them in work issues and also sometimes sneaking in life lesson type of things. I was a senior guy in my last position/company and worked with many many young 20's something guys and you know what? I've never rarely ever seen anything from these men that I see here on this forum.

Granted it's a working type of relationship but after a while you can tell how people think, if you listen. If you listen people tell you how they are, I think Maya Angelou said that, LOL, I don't know, but it's true. I don't understand what is happening with young men these days.

I'm hoping it's just a squeaky wheel type of deal, that loudest voices that get heard. I hope it is because otherwise we're going in the wrong direction.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:21 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
Lol. I had one, too on the closed thread about women making false accusations and I had the same reaction. I wonder if it was from the same person.
Same thread.

I've been observing in some other areas of discussion around CDland (and social discourse, especially online, in general) that there is such a mindset with regard to so many things, where it's like team sports. Declaring oneself a member of one camp, and having irrational levels of hate and hostility for whatever you see as the opposition, to the point where folks seem like logic and reason is driven right out of their heads. This isn't just in the gender war, but politics and various things. It's wild and bizarre to me. And it often seems like very contrived hostility. Engineered for a purpose.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:35 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Same thread.

I've been observing in some other areas of discussion around CDland (and social discourse, especially online, in general) that there is such a mindset with regard to so many things, where it's like team sports. Declaring oneself a member of one camp, and having irrational levels of hate and hostility for whatever you see as the opposition, to the point where folks seem like logic and reason is driven right out of their heads. This isn't just in the gender war, but politics and various things. It's wild and bizarre to me. And it often seems like very contrived hostility. Engineered for a purpose.
Every so often when I'm bored I'll go read stuff in the POC forum here, and it's just the Wild West. It's the worst (or maybe best?) example of toxic online conversation. Nobody wants to have a reasonable conversation, it's just finger pointing and nastiness and hitting all the buzz words of whatever side they're on. Are these real people out walking amongst us?

Old 09-13-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Every so often when I'm bored I'll go read stuff in the POC forum here, and it's just the Wild West. It's the worst (or maybe best?) example of toxic online conversation. Nobody wants to have a reasonable conversation, it's just finger pointing and nastiness and hitting all the buzz words of whatever side they're on. Are these real people out walking amongst us?
I work closely with one and have to endure his political views EVERY SINGLE DAY. Unfortunately he's my direct supervisor and I'm stuck.

I've ranted about him before. I keep politics out of the workplace as much as I can, but IDK, this guy has no self-awareness of how he comes off.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:01 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times
Quote:
It's a pigsty over there....especially when it's concerning racial issues. I've never seen so many people of one race claiming to know more about issues going on in another racial community. It's ridiculous. I lose brain cells every time I click on the forum link. I don't mind politics or other sensitive topics, but people can't have a conversation without getting emotional and hurling insults. Ugh.....

Old 09-13-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
It's a pigsty over there....especially when it's concerning racial issues. I've never seen so many people of one race claiming to know more about issues going on in another racial community. It's ridiculous. I lose brain cells every time I click on the forum link. I don't mind politics or other sensitive topics, but people can't have a conversation without getting emotional and hurling insults. Ugh.....
Just like here in Relationships forum. LOL.

Old 09-13-2019, 01:25 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Ha! Me too Me too,(oops!) I can't bring myself to comment there. If a thread I like to be involved with gets moved to POC, it's just oh well, nice knowing ya! Byeee! And I am well equipped to deal with insanity. Just, why though.

Last edited by RbccL; 09-13-2019 at 01:48 PM..

Old 09-13-2019, 01:42 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,604,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
There are two ways to give people reps. On the bottom left of their comment, there's a spot that reads, "rate this post positively" with a little + sign. Then there's a scales of justice deal in the top right side. If you click on that, a field open's up where you can leave a comment. I often do, though mine a positive and I sign them.
Thanks Homina! I tried the scales thingy but couldn't rep you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships