Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2021, 07:03 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Ha! I always thought he was the only normal one.
I’ve been binge watching “Alone” from the history channel. I got hooked after a season on netflix. Im sure I laugh when I’m not supposed to, doubt if it was meant as a comedy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
Fair enough. Thank you for entertaining my curiosity.

That was a really great show, but House was such a tortured soul he needed to take Vicodin. I know the holidays can be tough for a lot of people, but I hope you are doing better than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I thought it was for his leg pain? He used a cane.
I think the Vicodin was for mental but more so physical pain.

I honestly love the guy lol I've always been drawn to complex yet not so complex characters like him. Yeah, the events that led to him being that way were tragic, but he's still interesting watch. His character forced the writers to be creative. I also loved the philosophical discussions that took place, I always felt like I learned something new. The writers were absolute geniuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 02:00 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
^^It's been years since we watched it, so I don't even remember some of the details. Great show, though. It's fun to see "Cuddy" in Seinfeld reruns.

Has anyone heard from mlj? Wondering if she (and her son) is okay.

Old 01-03-2021, 03:28 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

I honestly love the guy lol I've always been drawn to complex yet not so complex characters like him. Yeah, the events that led to him being that way were tragic, but he's still interesting watch. His character forced the writers to be creative. I also loved the philosophical discussions that took place, I always felt like I learned something new. The writers were absolute geniuses.
The writing for that show was really good. I think we all know of a person similar to House. He just couldn't seem to let his guard down and I kept hoping his character would do the right thing at the right time. He sorta did in the series finale, don't wanna say much more for spoiler purposes.

I never understood how Wilson put up with him so much and for so long. He probably saw the potential in House to be a better man.

I was never as sure as Wilson seemed to be.

Last edited by Chowhound; 01-03-2021 at 03:36 PM..

Old 01-03-2021, 05:06 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

If you haven’t watched Nurse Jackie, that’ll have to be next.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HB6XZu7Eav8

Old 01-03-2021, 05:43 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:

I'll second that.

Old 01-04-2021, 11:15 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times
Quote:

Wow, that looks like a good show! For me, there's nothing better than a show with well-developed, complex characters who are still relatable on a human level. Nurse Jackie seems like it would fit that bill and then some.

Old 01-04-2021, 11:30 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Hi all,

Thank you to those who have sent me messages and asked about me.

My fiancé passed away on 12/12, which also happened to be my son's bday. The grief is overwhelming at times so I have really been out of it. He was my best friend and I will never be the same again. And today, I got my Covid test results back and I am positive, although it feels like a bad cold so I am not as sick as some people.

Old 01-04-2021, 11:45 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Hi all,

My fiancé passed away on 12/12, which also happened to be my son's bday. The grief is overwhelming at times so I have really been out of it. He was my best friend and I will never be the same again. And today, I got my Covid test results back and I am positive, although it feels like a bad cold so I am not as sick as some people.
Oh my god, I am so sorry to hear all of this.

I wish I could do something more meaningful than simply to wish you healing. You have my deepest sympathy for everything that you're going through.

Old 01-04-2021, 11:55 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Hi all,

Oh man.

I just don't know what to even say. I'm really sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself and hopefully the COVID doesn't get too bad and is manageable.

The older I get the more I can really see and appreciate, for lack of another word, the hard times people have to face in their lives.

Things will get easier with time and I hate how cliché that sounds, but there is truth to it.

Old 01-04-2021, 12:16 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Hi all,

Very sorry to hear this news. There isn’t much I can say to be of comfort but you definitely have good vibes sent to you from my way. One thing I will say about COVID, Tylenol extra strength will help along with hydration enhancers to mitigate effects on your heart.

My sole remaining Uncle on my father’s side is in ICU with Covid. My aunt who is married to him is also in a hospital down the road with Covid. I’m to the point where I get absolutely furious with anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers screaming “what about my rights”. Would you like to use those right to explain to my small young cousins why their parents are both in the hospital and why their father may not return? Want to explain why my Uncle could potentially die without the dignity of having his wife with him because of this virus? Just so mad right now. I wouldn’t wish COVID on anyone or dealing with it on anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships