Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2017, 04:03 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Your right, it will be right off I-5 freeway...
Yeah, you'll get all the Ca people going up that way and it will be a booming location.

I don't wanna upsell them that much, but they are really pretty good. Much better than all of the standard chain outlets like Carls Jr. and the like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 04:24 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
You are too nice to say that 'out loud' I couldn't let it go to waste 😳
lol! I WAS tempted, but you're right, I couldn't go through with it. Anyway, it did beg to be said, didn't it?

Old 04-22-2017, 04:24 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,535,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It depends on where you live!!

In the south, we don't have "freeways." That's a West Coast thing. We have "interstates."

Here, all the highways are out in the country.
I see thank you for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, I'm watching so much British "tellie" that I understand your pain.

We call motorways freeways or highways, but yeah, definitely a high speed lane with no stop lights. I forget what the Gerry's call their freeways, the one you can drive like a bat out of hell on.

We're watching a TV series called the "moaning of life" it features a guy named Karl Pilkington. He goes to various countries and checks stuff out. I think he's from Manchester, I can understand most of what he says, but he loses me a few words here and there.
😂😂😂😂😂😂!!!! Yes I can imagine watching a miserable sod from Manchester would be good fun to work out

Watch his " idiot abroad " with Ricky gervais in it .... It's one of the best things you'll see mate i PROMISE

RG and Steve merchant ( you might recognise him ) send him over the world but play tricks on him, in the first series he sees the " seven wonders "

Thank you for the explanations

Old 04-22-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I see thank you for that

😂😂😂😂😂😂!!!! Yes I can imagine watching a miserable sod from Manchester would be good fun to work out

Watch his " idiot abroad " with Ricky gervais in it .... It's one of the best things you'll see mate i PROMISE

RG and Steve merchant ( you might recognise him ) send him over the world but play tricks on him, in the first series he sees the " seven wonders "

Yeah we watched Idiot abroad too.

Ricky and Steven are just brutal with him and always are goofing on him and Ricky likes to call him a "round headed twonk"

LOL, pretty funny stuff. I can related to Karl a little too much sometimes. I'm not as much as a curmudgeon as he is. I do get agree with a lot of his life views. He's always looking around him and seeing the ridiculous.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:15 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
Quote:
I see thank you for that

"Idiot abroad " is hilarious

Steve Merchant had that show "hello ladies", which I'm pretty sure he got all his inspiration from CD relationship forum lol

Old 04-22-2017, 05:16 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,326,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I wish houses in So Cal were equipped with basements!
I didn't know they don't have basements there. I grew up in a house with a basement.

Quote:
In N' Out is a great burger joint. We have one just down the street from us and from our roof top you can see it. They do make a good burger. They are still family owned and a private company and they just keep it simple and EVERY single location is ALWAYS ALWAYS has a wait. They do one hell of a business. Never seen one of them empty, even all hours of the day they always have customers.
I heard they're good. They're not here in the southwest, AFAIK. I guess our equivalent is Lota Burger.

Quote:
What's the difference between a " freeway " and a " highway " please? We have " motorway "

Same thing, different term.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:26 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Quote:
He's always looking around him and seeing the ridiculous.
I do that at work on a minute-by-minute basis. Sometimes I just want to find a cement block wall and hit my head against it. I've thought about jumping from the second story window (that's as tall as the building is), but I'd mess that up, only break something and they'd expect me back at work the next day. LMAO

On a happier note, the weather guy said Friday morning that it would be cloudy all day Saturday, but it has been a sunny and wonderful day (in the low 60s). A good day for yard work (not blazing hot or humid).

I keep adding things to my To-Do List, but 6 things have to be done before I can fantasize about doing what is on my list! UGH.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
I didn't know they don't have basements there. I grew up in a house with a basement.

I heard they're good. They're not here in the southwest, AFAIK. I guess our equivalent is Lota Burger.

Same thing, different term.
They are all over Ca, NV and parts of AZ as far as I know.

I've heard some people rave about lotta burger and I heard people say that In n Out is better, but I suppose it's all subjective in the end.

Five Guys burgers are starting to make a big presence here in Ca. I know that they are an east coast outfit but I really dig those burgers too. I think in some ways I'm almost liking them better, not quite but they are a good. I've seen in the La forum people starting threads about which place is better. LOL, it can get quite heated.

People take their burgers seriously I guess.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:42 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,326,273 times
Quote:
Five Guys burgers are starting to make a big presence here in Ca. I know that they are an east coast outfit but I really dig those burgers too. I think in some ways I'm almost liking them better, not quite but they are a good. I've seen in the La forum people starting threads about which place is better. LOL, it can get quite heated.

People take their burgers seriously I guess.

The burger version of the Ford vs. Chevy debate.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
The burger version of the Ford vs. Chevy debate.
Pretty much.

They both get the job done, just whatever one you have a preference for. I used to hate Fords but for work I've had Ford vehicles and they are actually pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships