Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2017, 07:18 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Wasn't my experience when I traded my last 250,000 mile Dodge in for a newer one. I think maintenance had a lot to do with it.
Yeah, I think most manufactures have really stepped up their game that last decade or so. You maintain a vehicle right you can get a lot miles out of them.

Our Mustang is a 97 and only has about 65k on it. It's just time is starting to take a toll. It runs well and doesn't seem to be burning much oil. I just think that we're going to have to start pouring more money in as the years wear on. The engine seals and suspension and little things like the trunk pneumatic actuators are starting to fail. I wanna put off buying a car as along as we can.

I'm still off of work and when I do go back I'll most likely get a company vehicle so that should allow us to squeeze a bit more time out of the Mustang.

It still sharp. Got some big azz 20's on that baby and it really looks good inside. I still get compliments on it when I'm out and about. Mrs. Chow's dad really took good car of the car and didn't put much mileage on it. The interior looks brand new still.

For a 20 year old car it really is in good shape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 07:19 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ford's are great.
Did 1,200 miles in my Ford Thursday and Friday. A 7,400 pound diesel that averaged about 18 mpg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
5 Guys has my vote. YUM.
So, you like five guys in your mouth?

There's something spiritual about a pursuit rated hemi that's lit up.

I'd like a challenger or a Chrysler 300. Even a ram shortbox with a hemi and 4 wheel drive.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...KEqAR0MkRUdGYg

Minus the yellow.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Agreed as far as style and performance. A Challenger with the big azz 8 cylinder is right up my alley as well. Especially one in one of the offbeat colors they have or had. Purple was once an option. And make it manual transmission for me.

The Miata strikes me as a choice a person can't go wrong with. Maybe not as fun as the Challenger but they'll run forever with little emergency repairs needed. At least that's what I recall them to be like.
The Miata looks like it could be some fun. The newer ones have some pretty cool design lines and the prices aren't that bad if you get one a couple years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
5 Guys has my vote. YUM.
Five guys really is pretty damn good. It used to be In n Out but they are really creeping up on them. LOL

Quote:
She wants the Miata and you know it, now go get the Miata, from you and the pets, for Mother's Day.
She just wants the convertible part and I can't seem to get it through her head that convertible are nothing but a pain in the azz. LOL I had one and they are a lot like boats, you think you're going to really use them and enjoy them but the two best days of a boat owners life we all know the saying. LOL

Quote:
The Juicy Lucy
The burger is prepared by putting cheese between two patties of meat, then sealing both patties around the cheese to create a single patty with a cheese core. As the burger cooks, the cheese inside melts. This has the effect of keeping the meat near the center of the burger very juicy.
"Two bars about three miles (5 km) from each other on Cedar Avenue in South Minneapolis both claim to have invented the burger: Matt's Bar and the 5-8 Club."
That burger looks good. I'd like to meet ol' Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Hahahaha OMG!!! .... I can just picture you both in a pub and having a pint and trading opinions of your life views! LMAO .... That would be a " telly " classic that would be

Just think over the 20 or so months I've been on here we've sorted out the worlds problems ... yeah sod him have a few pints with me instead!!!
LOL

Old 04-22-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Did 1,200 miles in my Ford Thursday and Friday. A 7,400 pound diesel that averaged about 18 mpg.

I'd like a challenger or a Chrysler 300. Even a ram shortbox with a hemi and 4 wheel drive.
I love the 300's Mrs. Chow sorta nicked them down. I really like them. I could see myself rolling deep in one of those bad boys. Kind of reminds me of the old gangster cars. It has those tall-ish doors and small-ish windows. Like that look, old school pimp-mobile.

Quote:
The new mustang does look pretty kick ass. If we do go muscle car I really wanna stick with the Dodge Challenger, maybe the Charger, I like them both, but I'm not a fan of four door cars and that's where the Charger sorta takes the back seat to the Challenger.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:39 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Watch his " idiot abroad " with Ricky gervais in it .... It's one of the best things you'll see mate i PROMISE

RG and Steve merchant ( you might recognise him ) send him over the world but play tricks on him, in the first series he sees the " seven wonders "
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
"Idiot abroad " is hilarious
"The Moaning of Life" is basically the same premise. It's like "An Idiot Abroad, Part Deux."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I can related to Karl a little too much sometimes. I'm not as much as a curmudgeon as he is. I do get agree with a lot of his life views. He's always looking around him and seeing the ridiculous.
Scarily enough, I agree with just about everything that comes out of his mouth.

Quote:
The Juicy Lucy
The burger is prepared by putting cheese between two patties of meat, then sealing both patties around the cheese to create a single patty with a cheese core. As the burger cooks, the cheese inside melts. This has the effect of keeping the meat near the center of the burger very juicy.
"Two bars about three miles (5 km) from each other on Cedar Avenue in South Minneapolis both claim to have invented the burger: Matt's Bar and the 5-8 Club."
"The Juicy Lucy," lol!

We have a place here called Dave's Burgers that's just a little shack in the corner of a gas station parking lot. lol The burgers are so juicy, you have to eat them there (on a picnic table outside the shack, lol). They won't survive the ride home.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post

So, you like five guys in your mouth?

That's a lot of driving.Better get a seat cushion.lol

Five guys? Only have room for one.

2018 Lexus La is a beautiful car.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I love the 300's Mrs. Chow sorta nicked them down. I really like them. I could see myself rolling deep in one of those bad boys. Kind of reminds me of the old gangster cars. It has those tall-ish doors and small-ish windows. Like that look, old school pimp-mobile.

The new mustang does look pretty kick ass. If we do go muscle car I really wanna stick with the Dodge Challenger, maybe the Charger, I like them both, but I'm not a fan of four door cars and that's where the Charger sorta takes the back seat to the Challenger.
Love four doors! Especially if you have a son that has teenager friends that you have to drive everywhere.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:49 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:

Quote:
That's a lot of driving.Better get a seat cushion.lol

Five guys? Only have room for one.

2018 Lexus La is a beautiful car.
Had to take a look. It sure is.

A landcruiser would be fun too.

My pickup is pretty comfortable.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Love four doors! Especially if you have a son that has teenager friends that you have to drive everywhere.
I agree. They are convenient for sure. They just scream soccer dad when a guy is driving one of them. LOL.

Mrs. Chow, her mom and I are all making a road trip in the next day or so and we're actually going to take her mom's car because of the four doors. It's easier for her mother to get in and out.

She drives some old lady land barge car. I forget what it is. Buick la Sabre or something like that. The typical blue hair really big friggin old person's car. LOL

I drive that thing I feel like I should be wearing a cute little captains hat since I'm commanding a land barge.

The suspension in that car feels so sloppy and unresponsive because it's built for comfort, sort of the way I like my women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships