Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 10:44 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times

Advertisements

Anyone else proud of their degree in psychobabble?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 01:29 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Thank you, and with that:
IN MY OPINION? One is not entitled to their opinion. They are only entitled to what they can argue for. Construct and defend an argument – and recognize when a belief has become indefensible.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:33 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Happy Friday everyone!

Its been a hell of a week. Burnout is REAL. Be safe, eat some sweets, and enjoy yourselves

Old 06-19-2020, 03:53 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Happy Friday everyone!

Its been a hell of a week. Burnout is REAL. Be safe, eat some sweets, and enjoy yourselves
I have news burnout, for sure. Had to (mostly) check out for a while. Have a great weekend, mlj!

Old 06-19-2020, 04:31 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
I am happy to do my thing. I haven’t had the TV on in a couple of days. I haven’t been feeling the best the last week. I am thinking allergies. Day off and I am awake at 4:50 this morning. I slept in 20 minutes today.

I need a nap.

Old 06-19-2020, 05:42 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
After a little scare I’ve been restricted to eating, resting and sleeping. No lifting, no straining, and off my feet way more than on.
Not watching the depressing news ( you Guys are in our news... more than we are here. Lol)
The good news is that I have plenty of time to study for the oral exam that I need to convert my FAA issued license for my EASA license... the bad news is... after reading I suffer from CRS.
My concentration is having a mechanical!
We are on day two of our second two week quarantine from one another, and I am thinking of buying a megaphone so I can harass him...from a safe distance. Hey! The chicken coop needs cleaning!

Old 06-20-2020, 07:07 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Take care of yourself (and your little nuggets) Sydney!

My sister and her husband took a flight to Florida yesterday. She's been texting and posting pictures on FB and I have to sit on my hands to not respond with, "WTF, dummy." I don't begrudge her wanting to get away, but there's a difference between driving in your own car to a remote cabin on a lake and getting in a tin can full of recirculated air to a hot spot of infections. I told her that she's going to have to quarantine when she gets back because she *cannot* put our elderly parents at risk.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 06-20-2020 at 07:19 AM..

Old 06-20-2020, 07:18 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
After a little scare I’ve been restricted to eating, resting and sleeping. No lifting, no straining, and off my feet way more than on.
Not watching the depressing news ( you Guys are in our news... more than we are here. Lol)
The good news is that I have plenty of time to study for the oral exam that I need to convert my FAA issued license for my EASA license... the bad news is... after reading I suffer from CRS.
My concentration is having a mechanical!
We are on day two of our second two week quarantine from one another, and I am thinking of buying a megaphone so I can harass him...from a safe distance. Hey! The chicken coop needs cleaning!
You have SO much going on! Hang in there ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
My sister and her husband took a flight to Florida yesterday. She's been texting and posting pictures on FB and I have to sit on my hands to not respond with, "WTF, dummy." I don't begrudge her wanting to get away, but there's a difference between driving in your own car to a remote cabin on a lake and getting in a tin can full of recirculated air to a hot spot of infections. I told her that she's going to have to quarantine when she gets back because she *cannot* put our elderly parents at risk.
I get the concern. If it helps, my BF flew here almost a month ago (after we'd gone 5 months without seeing each other) and didn't have any issues. He said the airline did a really good job with distancing, everyone wore masks, and we wiped down his suitcase when he got in the car.

No problems at all. But we've been lying pretty low since then.

People in my area are really being a-holes about the virus, though. Almost no one wears masks when going out anymore, and online there are tons of cocky "the virus is a hoax" types.

At least they're making themselves known so I can distance myself from them permanently.

Old 06-20-2020, 09:21 AM

22,349 posts, read 29,457,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Take care of yourself (and your little nuggets) Sydney!

I have flown twice in the past 3 weeks and am flying again next Friday. It's not as bad as you think it is so relax and let her have a good time.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:28 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I have flown twice in the past 3 weeks and am flying again next Friday. It's not as bad as you think it is so relax and let her have a good time.
I did fly to Los Angeles last month as well as did a quick business-ish trip to N.C. last month and a trip to the beach for my birthday. There is slight risk and I’m lucky to be able to isolate with working remotely just to cut down on risk but if you are cautious, I’d go for it but not be too anxious to get around others especially high risk groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships