Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 06:17 PM

35 posts, read 22,184 times

Advertisements

2.5 years I've been tolerant of this. But the texting got sexual after our breakup last year. I get commitments from my girlfriend and her ex husband that they will keep it to regular ex spouse stuff, but he can't stick to it. We had a wonderful night last night and I slept over. We are getting ready to go out for the day and a damm text comes in from him and I look at her phone. Turns out he had asked her to spend the day with him and have sex. To use him as the guy on the side. And all this and he has a gf and knows we are trying to work things out. She turned him down. But I was mad that she didn't tell me about it. She says she's gonna cut him off but doesn't. He still helps her some $$ but hell I do for my ex wife as well. They have no kids together.

I'm at a point of an ultimatum. Cut him off 100%. Change phone numbers and email accounts or we are forever done. I hate that it has come to this. But I won't have any guy talk like that to a woman I am with.

Who's been thru this. ? Advice ? Opinions ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 06:29 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdesey View Post
2.5 years I've been tolerant of this. But the texting got sexual after our breakup last year. I get commitments from my girlfriend and her ex husband that they will keep it to regular ex spouse stuff, but he can't stick to it. We had a wonderful night last night and I slept over. We are getting ready to go out for the day and a damm text comes in from him and I look at her phone. Turns out he had asked her to spend the day with him and have sex. To use him as the guy on the side. And all this and he has a gf and knows we are trying to work things out. She turned him down. But I was mad that she didn't tell me about it. She says she's gonna cut him off but doesn't. He still helps her some $$ but hell I do for my ex wife as well. They have no kids together.

I'm at a point of an ultimatum. Cut him off 100%. Change phone numbers and email accounts or we are forever done. I hate that it has come to this. But I won't have any guy talk like that to a woman I am with.

Who's been thru this. ? Advice ? Opinions ?
I thought you are trying your hardest to get back together with her?. ( others threads )

Trust me giving her ultimatums and going through her phone will ease her decision in breaking it off alright in telling YOU to sod off instead

All you can do is speak your mind and make it known of your opinion on this again but civilly, but again you are not together as such so she can do what she wants theoretically

I really wouldn't go steaming in.... Especially as she's turned the other bloke down .... If it's been 2.5 years of this then waiting a little longer won't hurt and if she does take you back then she might want a fresh start without him in your life

Old 08-07-2016, 07:40 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
This is like the third thread you created discussing this same woman and your issues with her.

Last time you were checking up on her e-mails.

Now it's checking up on her texts.

What didn't you get from your previous threads that you hope to get from this one?

To be blunt, grow a backbone, get some self respect, and move on already from this one. And stop pursuing something that is not there to begin with.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:45 PM

Well I got an apology little while ago through email from her. But not any commitment to change the situation or do anything different. I would say were at a standstill and cannot move forward without this issue being put to rest. I think I've just reached the end of the road on this one issue.

And for what it's worth this is not the first woman that I've had this kind of issue with. Is it too much to ask your partner to have no ex close connections? You can Samel fashion but I'll never give in on this particular issue.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:23 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,355,682 times
When I first read the thread I thought there must be children involved. No kids--no need for any texts between them. They are divorced with no need to communicate.

Sorry, I think you're right. This is should be the end of the road. It's important to you. It should be important to her.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:39 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
I'm not familiar with your other posts, but from this one you are a chump. (Don't think I've used that word before.)

Not sure why you haven't left the relationship before this.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-07-2016, 08:53 PM

52,290 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Grow a set and move on... don't be anyone's second fiddle, your GF isn't really all that into you. Man up.. I hate that phrase but it says it all in a two word.

Bounce out.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:09 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Why are we even discussing this?

Cut ties. Let your (ex) gf have all the fun she wants with her ex. Dump her, be cold about it too.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:27 PM

You are all 100 percent correct. I gave her and her ex years to act appropriately but they just can't.
I'm most pissed off that she offers no solutions and doesn't even care how I've been hurt once again.
She couldn't be bothered to speak to me or reply to any emails. Yesterday other poster what a chump.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:07 PM

352 posts, read 234,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdesey View Post
she offers no solutions and doesn't even care how I've been hurt once again.
I'm not familiar with the other threads or history either , but your words above are you're own best indirect advice.

Bail out now......and use all that energy you're draining into this chick on meeting a few new ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships