Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 09:35 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,638,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
As I said before, it depends on what you use it for. My daughter and I and others, use the chat function a lot. Access to my page would also allow private conversations I have with anybody.
Not much different than not offering up each others phones.
And when I say there's nothing on there that would interest him, it's not only true, but I would expect t be believed.
I'm not sure what you're talking about since I don't use the chat function. Adding someone as a friend should only allow them to see your photos and the posts on your timeline (and you can choose to make certain posts visible only to specific friends). I don't know how he would be able to see private conversations that you've had with other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 09:41 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,246,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm not sure what you're talking about since I don't use the chat function. Adding someone as a friend should only allow them to see your photos and the posts on your timeline (and you can choose to make certain posts visible only to specific friends). I don't know how he would be able to see private conversations that you've had with other people.

Awk, you're right! Sorry, I was thinking of giving them access to my page!
However, my last sentence still stands.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:08 AM

1,193 posts, read 1,027,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
What if someone wants to keep their dating life private and not broadcast it all over Facebook?

Old 08-08-2016, 10:10 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,045,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
What if someone wants to keep their dating life private and not broadcast it all over Facebook?
Unless you're using the "I'm in a relationship" part of facebook, something I've never done, there is no broadcasting of anything when I add someone.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:11 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,638,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
I understand not wanting to broadcast your dating life by changing your status to "In a relationship with (Person's Name)" and posting lovey, dovey pics all the time- but I just take issue with refusing to add the person as a friend period (if they want to be added).

Old 08-08-2016, 10:16 AM

52,355 posts, read 52,821,277 times
People are stupid with the FB stuff.

I was interviewing with a company a while back and the initial phone interview the lady was asking me if I was on FB and was trying to Friend me. I was thinking to myself, I don't know you, why the F would I want to FB friend you. Plus what if I don't get the job and all, are we supposed to be besties??? I thought it was the most unprofessional thing I've seen a long long while.

This same stupid woman corrected me when I mentioned something about "sales" she said "revenue generation" or some other bull**** term for sales. LOL... I felt like telling her if she's so professional and all why the F invite a prospective job interviewee to be FB friends... LOL.. I about split an organ holding my irritation back from this silly twit.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:54 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,246,409 times
It's not unusual to be asked for FB friending when job hunting.
Some people are actually dumb enough to have things on their pages that pretty much ensure some companies don't want you as an employee.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:01 AM

52,355 posts, read 52,821,277 times
Quote:
Some people are actually dumb enough to have things on their pages that pretty much ensure some companies don't want you as an employee.

I think it's completely and utterly unprofessional for a job interviewer to ask to put you on their FB list??? LOL... am I the only one that thinks this?

What do you do if the company rejects you... see all of the interviewers feeds... be besties with them. LOL.... whatever

Old 08-08-2016, 11:06 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,045,818 times
Can't say I've ever been asked such a thing when job hunting. I've connected with some former co workers when I've left to keep in touch, people I became friendly with, but that's about it.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:06 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,883,623 times
Quote:
Agreed. Especially if they post: 'called in sick today, going fishing!'
People are surprisingly unaware of how the things they post can reflect on them.
I'm happy to say, I still don't have a FB account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships