Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 04:52 PM

37,742 posts, read 46,207,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
Antisocial should not hinder relationships if I treat her well, I may live close to the vest but I take care of my bill's and ask nobody else to, and life has shown me that for the most part other men are the enemy. and there are 2 reasons for my hatred/fear of the sun.

1. I have always had light sensitivity I have nothing in my house brighter than a 40-watt bulb or I am seeing spots.
Okay that is just freaky. I think most women would back slowly away...and then turn and run.

Quote:
2. the sun does awful things to my skin. an hour in the sun and I go from a nice will smith/ LL cool J complexion to entering Wesley Snipes territory. and so being out in the daylight is not worth low self esteem and snow-blindness that would ensue. a pair of shades helps a little but I sweet sunscreen off in minutes.
Sunshine is pretty important to most people...and frankly it's an critical source of vitamin D. No one else gives a crap about your skin color - get over your insecurity. And more daylight and brighter lights would get rid of your "sensitivity".

The smiling thing I have tried, I can never seem to be able to smile and get my jawline right.
The sword is part of my, been into martial arts since childhood mostly Thai boxing and Japanese fencing.. plus I thought it looked badass and inspire the protector instinct maybe I was wrong.

During the honeymoon phase of the relationships anxiety and depression usually does not show it's self until the one I'm in said relationship start to cool off from the relationship high.

Do you really think one can be happy having to change everything they are to find someone?[/quote]

Nope. No one has to change a thing about themselves. But no one is ever guaranteed a relationship, either.
You yourself have the best chance of improving your odds. If you don't want to, no one is forcing you to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 05:09 PM

1,058 posts, read 679,844 times
I agree with you, but some women think their partners will change over time or that they can fix them. 80% is about all you're gonna get if your lucky. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

This was supposed to piggyback off Chow, but somehow I get the quote in

Old 08-07-2016, 05:46 PM

86 posts, read 83,022 times
I don't care who you are you are going to have pluses and minuses. The trick is finding the person who has the whole package that you can live with. Oddly enough, sometimes in the beginning things you think might be pluses end up being part of the negative camp once you are committed. So it's important to evaluate how things play out once you make a big commitment.

For example: a charming guy who is friendly- positive right? After you are married he is flirty and friendly to every female around....

Old 08-07-2016, 05:48 PM

19,468 posts, read 15,324,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmandsea View Post
I don't care who you are you are going to have pluses and minuses. The trick is finding the person who has the whole package that you can live with. Oddly enough, sometimes in the beginning things you think might be pluses end up being part of the negative camp once you are committed. So it's important to evaluate how things play out once you make a big commitment.

For example: a charming guy who is friendly- positive right? After you are married he is flirty and friendly to every female around....
Ha, good point.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:26 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,837,703 times
Quote:
Antisocial should not hinder relationships if I treat her well, I may live close to the vest but I take care of my bill's and ask nobody else to, and life has shown me that for the most part other men are the enemy. and there are 2 reasons for my hatred/fear of the sun.

1. I have always had light sensitivity I have nothing in my house brighter than a 40-watt bulb or I am seeing spots.
2. the sun does awful things to my skin. an hour in the sun and I go from a nice will smith/ LL cool J complexion to entering Wesley Snipes territory. and so being out in the daylight is not worth low self esteem and snow-blindness that would ensue. a pair of shades helps a little but I sweet sunscreen off in minutes.

The smiling thing I have tried, I can never seem to be able to smile and get my jawline right.
The sword is part of my, been into martial arts since childhood mostly Thai boxing and Japanese fencing.. plus I thought it looked badass and inspire the protector instinct maybe I was wrong.

During the honeymoon phase of the relationships anxiety and depression usually does not show it's self until the one I'm in said relationship start to cool off from the relationship high.

Do you really think one can be happy having to change everything they are to find someone?

You don't seem very happy now either, being inflexible and anti-social.

Do you have sleep issues, by any chance? Just curious, because sunlight is important for producing melatonin. It also is an important element (for me) in maintaining a sense of general well-being. I walk every morning at sunrise to salute the sun and give thanks for a new day. I guess I am a bit of a sun-worshipper, along with many cultures and religions around the world. When I don't do that, I just feel "off" all day and I often have trouble sleeping at night.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:32 PM

24 posts, read 16,067 times
Bottom line I will tell you your problem, your profile, lifestyle and whole personality. SCREAMs rebound.

If I ran across your profile during a time I was coming out of a bad relationship with someone who was an emotionally unavailable workaholic I would be all over you like stink on a hobo.

But while I am happy and content like now I would not get within 10 feet of you. Even though your photos you look like a combination of many things I find attractive. as I tend to have a weakness for tall buff black men, alt grunge types and bikers and you amazingly pull off all of those looks. But being non social ruins it, what;s the use of being on the arm of a nice hunk of chocolate if you never get to show him off?

The reason you keep getting dumped in a short time is because being all lovey dovey is fun and refreshing for awhile but it gets old real fast. you are not long term pick, you are a short term recharge.

And I know it sounds stupid and backwards to you but here is reality, with me and most women I know if I find a man attractive but see no future with him he gets the sex right away(if it's been awhile), if I meet a man who I see a future with I take my time and build the relationship slowly.

Rushing to the netflix and chill phase is only going to attract girls on the rebound, college aged girls or married women who's hubby is away on business.

The only reason money does not matter to the later 2 is because either DADDY or HUBBY is taking care of their financial needs so are you have to do if be entertaining, and the married women is glad you don't want to go out for fear of being caught.

You just maybe 80% the perfect guy but that missing 20% is HUGE most women would rather have 60% of what they want if financial stability, and an active social life is included in that 60% as apposed to a 90% match but your living on ramen noodles.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:44 PM

22,680 posts, read 47,882,510 times
Quote:
Do you really think one can be happy having to change everything they are to find someone?
But you are VERY unhappy now maintaining your status quo.

Since you insist on being inflexible, and are unwilling to step outside your comfort zone, relationships will be hard to come by.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:26 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,123,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMcDeath View Post
Bottom line I will tell you your problem, your profile, lifestyle and whole personality. SCREAMs rebound.

If I ran across your profile during a time I was coming out of a bad relationship with someone who was an emotionally unavailable workaholic I would be all over you like stink on a hobo.

But while I am happy and content like now I would not get within 10 feet of you. Even though your photos you look like a combination of many things I find attractive. as I tend to have a weakness for tall buff black men, alt grunge types and bikers and you amazingly pull off all of those looks. But being non social ruins it, what;s the use of being on the arm of a nice hunk of chocolate if you never get to show him off?

The reason you keep getting dumped in a short time is because being all lovey dovey is fun and refreshing for awhile but it gets old real fast. you are not long term pick, you are a short term recharge.

And I know it sounds stupid and backwards to you but here is reality, with me and most women I know if I find a man attractive but see no future with him he gets the sex right away(if it's been awhile), if I meet a man who I see a future with I take my time and build the relationship slowly.

Rushing to the netflix and chill phase is only going to attract girls on the rebound, college aged girls or married women who's hubby is away on business.

The only reason money does not matter to the later 2 is because either DADDY or HUBBY is taking care of their financial needs so are you have to do if be entertaining, and the married women is glad you don't want to go out for fear of being caught.

You just maybe 80% the perfect guy but that missing 20% is HUGE most women would rather have 60% of what they want if financial stability, and an active social life is included in that 60% as apposed to a 90% match but your living on ramen noodles.
Ouch thats a bit harsh don't you think?
plus it would be stupid to choose a 60% match over an 80%

Old 08-07-2016, 10:19 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,672,520 times
I never heard of this rule

Old 08-07-2016, 10:30 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,090,701 times
Quote:

To that last sentence...

No. BUT by the same token, living so far outside the norm in practically every way, how honest is it of you to post excuses blaming the woman, blaming society, blaming silly rules, and on and on...?

No, don't change you. But DO realize most of your lifestyle is posing challenges to *normal, healthy, loving* women. It is *not* a case of women being shallow money-grubbers or an 80/20 rule keeping you single and alone. Don't keep posting silliness like this pointing the finger outward or searching for clues. You KNOW what the clues are and they have nothing whatsoever to do with materialism or silly percentages or cheaters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships