Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 01:24 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
The OP completely missed the point. A relationship that's been rocky for 11 years will always be rocky. When you're dating, that's the easy part. God help these people if they ever tie the knot.
I heard making a baby will solve a lot of the problems since the focus is then on nurturing a new life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 01:25 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I heard making a baby will solve a lot of the problems since the focus is then on nurturing a new life
That's pretty much 100% foolproof.

I mean, I used to think I wasn't any wiser than the average bear. But I read some of the posts on this forum and feel like freaking Solomon compared to these people.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:02 PM

13 posts, read 8,656 times
Maybe they hope marriage will change things. It rarely does. Just like some people have a baby to save marriage. Escalating rarely works out. Baby is a big test even for truly committed people.
Now as far as sexual relationship on a side goes, I think some men are fully capable having those throughout married life and not think twice. Maybe this guy moved away from that friend but he can find another one. So can she.
I know a guy, how in his mid 40s who's done it from day one. Girls ar just getting younger. His wife kinda pushed him into marriage, run away from home to be with him and showed up at his doorstep. He claims he was forced into marriage. Actually wedding didn't even take place until two children were born. He was never faithfull and thinks cheating is normal part of life.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:37 PM

19 posts, read 11,430 times
She has been married once before and has a 17 year old son with that ex. She is in her 40s while her new husband is in his early 30s and has no kids.
They moved away because his mom has a business in another state and he couldn't get by where they were living so they were basically forced to move to a home right next door to his mommy and go to work for her as well . The wife didn't want to make the move but eventually agreed .

Now it seems , that they are happy with the new money and move so I was wondering if maybe they are happy enough that they are blinded by the past and moving forward ?.. Or will the happy bubble eventually burst ?

Note that he had a full blown love relationship for 4 years not just a cheat phase.
Does it make a difference ? Will he always feel love for that girl or he is so happy now that he can forget and move on without thoughts of her ?

Old 08-12-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

That would be completely moronic and so very like them to do so thinking it's all good now.... lmao!

Old 08-12-2016, 03:44 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmachameleon View Post
That would be completely moronic and so very like them to do so thinking it's all good now.... lmao!
Good rule of thumb. If this situation is for real, avoid these people. Life is so much happier when you don't populate your world with halfwits.

Old 08-12-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Good rule of thumb. If this situation is for real, avoid these people. Life is so much happier when you don't populate your world with halfwits.

Oh this is definitely for real! ...The whole story would make Jerry Springer look mild in comparison lol

Hopefully they don't have any spawn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships