Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 09:21 AM

226 posts, read 199,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
I don't. But my fear is that if and when I am in the bedroom with a woman.

My main issue here isn't the virgin part, it's the lack of a relationship part. I actually, unlike most guys my age, care more about that than sex.
I am glad to hear that any younger person cares more about a relationship than sex. Good for you! Whatever you do, stick to your principles. Don't follow the world just because everyone else is doing it a certain way. You are probably going to be a better partner than most for caring about the whole picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 12:04 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
That would be me. I'm 23, I have never been in a long-term relationship, and I am having difficulty finding a girlfriend. I want a relationship, not just sex - but I'm sure some women will wonder why I'm a 23 year old virgin.

Is this normal?
I'm a 30 man and a virgin. I'm proud of it. I don't care how unusual it is, and neither should you.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:09 PM

678 posts, read 875,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Trust me, if you want to scare women off, let them find out you are a virgin. They will think you are weird or an Elliott Rodger type.
Elliot Rodgers was a 22 year old virgin

Old 09-07-2016, 02:03 PM

856 posts, read 705,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Trust me, if you want to scare women off, let them find out you are a virgin. They will think you are weird or an Elliott Rodger type.
Like I said, I don't announce it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You don't think there are any women out there who would be interested in a male virgin? Not that I think he needs to go around telling everyone, but if a woman is interested in him, I don't see why she would automatically lose interest just because he's a virgin. There are far worse things that a man could reveal about himself.
I don't know to be honest. I don't tell people because as has been said, that's just weird and sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marachino View Post
I am glad to hear that any younger person cares more about a relationship than sex. Good for you! Whatever you do, stick to your principles. Don't follow the world just because everyone else is doing it a certain way. You are probably going to be a better partner than most for caring about the whole picture.
Thank you, I appreciate that. Finding a relationship is the one thing missing from my life - I have a great family, great friends, a good job, and I'm getting a graduate degree. But I don't have a girlfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm a 30 man and a virgin. I'm proud of it. I don't care how unusual it is, and neither should you.
Thank you, I am not ashamed by it at all, but I do feel insecure at times because of it.

Old 09-07-2016, 02:29 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Thank you, I am not ashamed by it at all, but I do feel insecure at times because of it.
I'm happy to be of some inspiration. The way I see it, you're ahead of the game. There are women who look at seeing a man being a virgin as "lame". Part of it is this. Women want sex just like men do. I've seen it for myself. If a man has a desire for sex, a woman can use that as leverage against him. By being a virgin, that can be an advantage. If sex isn't a priority for you, that can be big time leverage. It means you can't be used. That will sift out the wrong kind of women and makes it easier to see what the right kind of woman is.

Old 09-07-2016, 02:58 PM

52,273 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Some people might think it's odd and some might not. I think in terms of the average, it's on the older side, but no biggie. If you want a GF and not to just get sex I think you'll probably have a better shot with some women. Most guys just want sex and not as much of the relationships part, especially at that age.

Good luck.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:00 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
23 is young.

Reinvent yourself. Confidence, fake it til you have it. You're a decendant of Vikings, or Aztec warriors or pirates or...something. Act like it. Then slay trim with your mighty sword.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:12 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
I would never bring this up in conversation. My fear is that once I'm with a girl this could be problematic.

Dated - I have dated two girls; one when I was 21 for a few months, another when I was 20 and it was just a few dates.

Female friends - Yes. I have more male friends but plenty of female friends as well.

Friends - A lot

Social Skills - I am a social person, I have a lot of friends, and I am pretty good at making friends. However, I lack confidence when it comes to meeting women for the purpose of dating and I can be shy then. Furthermore, I haven't really been into the bar scene though I may try it more (I don't get drunk, I'll just go with some guy friends in hopes of meeting women not for a one-night stand but for something more long-term).
You HAVE to step out of your comfort zone for sure mate

The bar scene is a great place to meet people... Especially when with friends, all it takes is one of them to get talking to a bird and then her friends will join you and yours and that's your in ( for example... There's plenty of scenarios in that scene ).

And don't for one second think it's just a venue for one night stands as that's bollox mate, all of my long term relationships have come from that scene and so have pretty much all of the people I know have met their SOs there

Old 09-07-2016, 04:26 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
The bar scene exist for 23 yr olds to meet people.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:30 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
You HAVE to step out of your comfort zone for sure mate

The bar scene is a great place to meet people... Especially when with friends, all it takes is one of them to get talking to a bird and then her friends will join you and yours and that's your in ( for example... There's plenty of scenarios in that scene ).

And don't for one second think it's just a venue for one night stands as that's bollox mate, all of my long term relationships have come from that scene and so have pretty much all of the people I know have met their SOs there
I've had no luck with bars and clubs, but yeah, not everyone is there to just hook up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships