Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 03:53 AM

8,925 posts, read 7,765,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
By looking at your pics, I'd consider you cute; just because you look so young. You have that jail bait look, Lol
Hmmm all righty then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 05:43 AM

20,714 posts, read 16,495,343 times
Cute is pretty and nice...maybe petite and "girlish" or otherwise immature looking
Hot is sexy - and definitely not immature

So yeah, hot is a very amped up cute...but I'd much rather be "cute" for the long haul than "hot" for a night.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:46 AM

28,723 posts, read 18,949,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
Btw, the same woman can look cute or hot depending on how shes dressed and made up.
Quoted for emphasis.

Any "cute" woman can become hot with just a choice of makeup or clothing...or even facial expression.

In fact, most of the "hot" women in the media are merely cute (some only barely cute)...but dressed by experts to be hot.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
^ Exactly. A woman should always be told she is beautiful. ( But only if you mean it lol.. )
The term I use most often is "lovely."

"Lovely" encompasses a wide range of appeal and does not imply the absoluteness of "beautiful" (which a lot of women would not accept as sincere).

Old 09-22-2016, 07:39 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,820,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Hmmm all righty then.
I never really notice when people have pics posted I don't look for it, but since yours was pointed out I'd say you're definitely a cutie and leave it at that. The FF stuff is cool too. The other description isn't necessary.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:35 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,129,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The term I use most often is "lovely."

"Lovely" encompasses a wide range of appeal and does not imply the absoluteness of "beautiful" (which a lot of women would not accept as sincere).
I like this. It's nice.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:28 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,397,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Cute is pretty and nice...maybe petite and "girlish" or otherwise immature looking
Hot is sexy - and definitely not immature

So yeah, hot is a very amped up cute...but I'd much rather be "cute" for the long haul than "hot" for a night.
Cute just doesn't register to me. I'm not petite or innocent-looking that suggests youth. I haven't exhibited those traits since grade school. Lol I had womanly curves and reached 5'9" in middle school. And "hot"... I'm pretty meh about. Since I see "hot" as a process to achieve a certain look and not one's natural appearance. I have a hard time seeing morning face as "hot," so I laugh or giggle when my husband says I look hot.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I like this. It's nice.
Four lovely women in media:

Shohreh Aghdashloo
Nichelle Nichols
Sophia Loren
Helen Mirren

I present these older women as "lovely" to demonstrate a point: A lovely woman will always be lovely...and yet not necessarily conventionally "pretty" or "beautiful" or even "hot." I think that's why women in my experience respond positively to being called "lovely."

Old 09-22-2016, 10:00 AM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,199,335 times
To me, hot means seductive and sexual. Hot is more of a description that suits our primal desires.

Cute means "I'd love to kiss that girl and snuggle the crap out of her".

Old 09-22-2016, 10:34 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,129,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Cute just doesn't register to me. I'm not petite or innocent-looking that suggests youth. I haven't exhibited those traits since grade school. Lol I had womanly curves and reached 5'9" in middle school. And "hot"... I'm pretty meh about. Since I see "hot" as a process to achieve a certain look and not one's natural appearance. I have a hard time seeing morning face as "hot," so I laugh or giggle when my husband says I look hot.
I'm very small - 5'1" - and my voice is somewhat high-pitched...not squeaky, but people sometimes think I sound like a child say, on the phone. Actually, I just had this experience yesterday, twice, on the phone.

"I AM my mother." LOL. Okay, no, I don't actually say that.

So maybe size does have something to do with it after all, who knows.

I don't know about innocent-looking and I have giant hooters. Maybe people have different definitions of either of these designations, if and when they use them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships