Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 08:01 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm very small - 5'1" - and my voice is somewhat high-pitched...not squeaky, but people sometimes think I sound like a child say, on the phone. Actually, I just had this experience yesterday, twice, on the phone.

"I AM my mother." LOL. Okay, no, I don't actually say that.

So maybe size does have something to do with it after all, who knows.

I don't know about innocent-looking and I have giant hooters. Maybe people have different definitions of either of these designations, if and when they use them.
I think the difference is "hot" is sexier. A guy may instantly think of sex when referring to someone as hot.
Let's see how many more profile visits you get after proclaiming "giant hooters".
(I like your new profile pic, btw )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 08:54 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioSilence View Post
I'm reminded of this exchange from the mid-90s sitcom NewsRadio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7iU2HFUXaU
That was a good show.

Maura Tierney was excellent; and aesthetically pleasing.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:30 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm very small - 5'1" - and my voice is somewhat high-pitched...not squeaky, but people sometimes think I sound like a child say, on the phone. Actually, I just had this experience yesterday, twice, on the phone.

"I AM my mother." LOL. Okay, no, I don't actually say that.

So maybe size does have something to do with it after all, who knows.

I don't know about innocent-looking and I have giant hooters. Maybe people have different definitions of either of these designations, if and when they use them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
*snort* at giant hooters. I don't have those unless they're filled with milk. Lol I wouldn't have guessed you're 5'1"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Same here: 4'10, a decent rack but otherwise lacking in curves, soft voice (except when I really really trying to sound authoritative), wholesome-looking face. Like an overgrown Girl Scout. Who drinks and swears.
ok girls you can stop now, you have me going and planning trips around the country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I'm getting that same vibe from a lot of these types of posts.

A woman is an individual just like everyone else. We are not beings from another planet...jeez.....
true, most women are angels sent by god to man to watch over us, and scold us like the little children that we are.

Old 09-23-2016, 04:15 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Hot: pretty in a sexy, sophisticated way

Cute: pretty in a sweet, girl-next-door way
This. I'd choose cute any day over hot for anything long term.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:04 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,631,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Guys, in your opinion what do you think makes a difference between whether you would consider a woman "hot' or as I have usually been called, "cute"? I am certainly not saying I am some kind of beauty, but I have been told that I am really cute by others, including my husband. He has always been affectionate and loving and is a great man. Not sure if it matters but he has said that what many would consider traditionally "hot" women aren't attractive. A few examples being Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Kim Kardashian etc.

Just curious what the difference is for men here.
I can't consider a woman hot if I don't also consider her cute and vice versa

Old 09-23-2016, 10:25 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,659,380 times
I always considered Meg Ryan cute and Megan Fox hot. Both are attractive but there is a difference.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:47 AM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I can't consider a woman hot if I don't also consider her cute and vice versa
I realize you're speaking of your own taste, but in my opinion, it's possible.

Sophia Loren, for instance, in her youth was "hot" but never "cute."

Old 09-23-2016, 09:55 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,908,083 times
Hot: how men refer to women when around friends

Cute: how men refer to women when around their mom

Old 09-24-2016, 03:19 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times
I kind of think of Zooey Deschanel as cute, not really hot though.

She has this adorable cuteness about her, but I wouldn't really use the term sexy or hot describe her.

I remember when I was a child, I thought that Shelley Duvall was cute, but that Madonna, Paula Abdul and Michelle Pfeiffer were HOT!

Old 09-25-2016, 08:43 PM

247 posts, read 198,267 times
I am tall and curvy so I've rarely been called cute but I find each term flattering. I think each term suggests different desires with hot being much more sexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships