Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 10:37 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,392,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm very small - 5'1" - and my voice is somewhat high-pitched...not squeaky, but people sometimes think I sound like a child say, on the phone. Actually, I just had this experience yesterday, twice, on the phone.

"I AM my mother." LOL. Okay, no, I don't actually say that.

So maybe size does have something to do with it after all, who knows.

I don't know about innocent-looking and I have giant hooters. Maybe people have different definitions of either of these designations, if and when they use them.
*snort* at giant hooters. I don't have those unless they're filled with milk. Lol I wouldn't have guessed you're 5'1"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 11:07 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,261,618 times
Quote:
I'm very small - 5'1" - and my voice is somewhat high-pitched...not squeaky, but people sometimes think I sound like a child say, on the phone. Actually, I just had this experience yesterday, twice, on the phone.

"I AM my mother." LOL. Okay, no, I don't actually say that.

So maybe size does have something to do with it after all, who knows.

I don't know about innocent-looking and I have giant hooters. Maybe people have different definitions of either of these designations, if and when they use them.
Same here: 4'10, a decent rack but otherwise lacking in curves, soft voice (except when I really really trying to sound authoritative), wholesome-looking face. Like an overgrown Girl Scout. Who drinks and swears.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:31 AM

971 posts, read 693,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordin View Post
I've found that cute females often have less drama associated with them than "hot" ones. Of course, YMMV...
Totally agree. The hot ones have always been trouble for me.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:31 PM

641 posts, read 407,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Hot: I want to date you and most likely start a relationship with you.

Cute: I view you as a sister and don't and most likely will never want to date you.
I'd actually say this applies more women to men. If a woman says a guy is cute it's often in a friend zoned/nice guy kind of way.

If a man says a woman is cute then he's likely to be attracted to her than if a woman says it about a guy.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,104,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
I'd actually say this applies more women to men. If a woman says a guy is cute it's often in a friend zoned/nice guy kind of way.

If a man says a woman is cute then he's likely to be attracted to her than if a woman says it about a guy.
Yes, we've had the guy conversation before on here...I was the odd woman out...when I say a guy is "cute," usually, I'm sitting on my hands not to earn myself a restraining order.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:11 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,333,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Totally agree. The hot ones have always been trouble for me.
Hot women tend to be more work and harder to satisfy in a relationship. I couldn't see myself with one.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:24 PM

22,145 posts, read 33,708,216 times
Cute is the chick that is the "it will do" when you can't get the hot one.
Hot is the one the guy chases.

The thing is the cute chicks is who I date. Well when I dated. Why? Because they usually have more substance than any hot chick ever will.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,104,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Cute is the chick that is the "it will do" when you can't get the hot one.
Hot is the one the guy chases.

The thing is the cute chicks is who I date. Well when I dated. Why? Because they usually have more substance than any hot chick ever will.
Actually, isn't it because you are simply incapable of landing the hot one?

Because I mean...re-read your first sentence, above.

She'll "do" for you, just as, apparently, you will "do" for her, I guess as the substitute for the sexy, handsome guy she was unable to get. (You have more substance, though.)

Just trying to work all this out and have your first and second paragraphs make sense. Otherwise, they kind of conflict.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:42 PM

8,925 posts, read 7,754,834 times
Quote:
Actually, isn't it because you are simply incapable of landing the hot one?

Because I mean...re-read your first sentence, above.

She'll "do" for you, just as, apparently, you will "do" for her, I guess as the substitute for the sexy, handsome guy she was unable to get. (You have more substance, though.)

Just trying to work all this out and have your first and second paragraphs make sense. Otherwise, they kind of conflict.
I'm getting that same vibe from a lot of these types of posts.

A woman is an individual just like everyone else. We are not beings from another planet...jeez.....

Old 09-22-2016, 07:48 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,053,580 times
I'm reminded of this exchange from the mid-90s sitcom NewsRadio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7iU2HFUXaU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships