Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 12:00 AM

4,629 posts, read 3,391,398 times

Advertisements

I am a guy. The usual number of dates until I have had sex is about 4 to 5 dates (sometimes sooner).

I have been out with this lady 7 times (over a 5 to 6 week period). I thought 7 was a "lucky" number but to no avail. And when I say no sex, I mean zero sex (of any kind). To be fair, this girl did tell me on date No. 1 that she is a "traditional" girl. I should have quizzed her on what that meant.

I thought 7 dates was a real long wait...so I am thinking it may be best to part our separate ways? I am not sure how long until she feels comfortable but she is 29 years old and has only had one sexual partner (her ex-husband). So the waiting game here could stretch on for a while...though she assures me she is NOT waiting for marriage until she has sex. She just wants to feel comfortable and that she can trust the guy she is with.

Be patient or move on...? For those that answer please specify your gender, just trying to get some perspective. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 12:07 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Move on. You two are on different pages. No one should ever have to feel like they are waiting for sex.

Old 02-17-2016, 12:14 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
"Traditional". Big red flag there. Time to bail.

Old 02-17-2016, 12:15 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,224,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I am a guy. The usual number of dates until I have had sex is about 4 to 5 dates (sometimes sooner).

I have been out with this lady 7 times (over a 5 to 6 week period). I thought 7 was a "lucky" number but to no avail. And when I say no sex, I mean zero sex (of any kind). To be fair, this girl did tell me on date No. 1 that she is a "traditional" girl. I should have quizzed her on what that meant.

I thought 7 dates was a real long wait...so I am thinking it may be best to part our separate ways? I am not sure how long until she feels comfortable but she is 29 years old and has only had one sexual partner (her ex-husband). So the waiting game here could stretch on for a while...though she assures me she is NOT waiting for marriage until she has sex. She just wants to feel comfortable and that she can trust the guy she is with.

Be patient or move on...? For those that answer please specify your gender, just trying to get some perspective. Thanks.
Female here. Move on. It doesn't sound like you're on the same page. You obviously don't want to pressure her to have sex before she's ready, but your needs need to be considered as well. She might just be one of those people who's happy to wait for quite a while before sex, so if you're not prepared to wait, just let her go.

Old 02-17-2016, 12:23 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post

I'd move on mate, if she feels she can't trust you after 7 dates then she won't after 70 dates especially as it's quite apparent that you are only interested in the sex.

Old 02-17-2016, 12:32 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
If you're thinking about moving on after a few weeks, then you're not interested in a relationship. You're just interested in the sex.

Old 02-17-2016, 12:36 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,673 times
Move on.

Old 02-17-2016, 01:04 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,030,601 times
Does she pay for dinner?

Old 02-17-2016, 01:15 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
This again...

"Will she do it this time?... next time? I'll have to give up. Need to find one who will give me the sex".

Ho-hum.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 02-17-2016 at 01:36 AM..

Old 02-17-2016, 01:19 AM

4,629 posts, read 3,391,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Does she pay for dinner?
No but the dates have been relatively cheap. Though there have been a few dinners included in this mix. She is not high maintenance in how much dates/restaurants cost. This is more about my TIME...from a cost benefit standpoint. However, time is probably more precious than money...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships