Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 01:13 PM

454 posts, read 311,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I am a guy. The usual number of dates until I have had sex is about 4 to 5 dates (sometimes sooner).

I have been out with this lady 7 times (over a 5 to 6 week period). I thought 7 was a "lucky" number but to no avail. And when I say no sex, I mean zero sex (of any kind). To be fair, this girl did tell me on date No. 1 that she is a "traditional" girl. I should have quizzed her on what that meant.

I thought 7 dates was a real long wait...so I am thinking it may be best to part our separate ways? I am not sure how long until she feels comfortable but she is 29 years old and has only had one sexual partner (her ex-husband). So the waiting game here could stretch on for a while...though she assures me she is NOT waiting for marriage until she has sex. She just wants to feel comfortable and that she can trust the guy she is with.

Be patient or move on...? For those that answer please specify your gender, just trying to get some perspective. Thanks.
How much do you like her? If you really like her you'll wait a bit but if you're not super into her, time to part ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 01:18 PM

513 posts, read 429,370 times
I'm pretty sure he's moved on to have sex with someone else...

Old 11-03-2016, 01:25 PM

454 posts, read 311,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushandnotbeCrushed View Post
I'm pretty sure he's moved on to have sex with someone else...
Um, yeah, given how old this is I probably should have read the ensuing 52 pages.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:27 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOU812 View Post
Um, yeah, given how old this is I probably should have read the ensuing 52 pages.
Well, OTOH, maybe he's super-patient!

"So now it's been 36 more dates, and..."

OP, come on...update? What was the outcome?

Old 11-08-2016, 04:55 PM

4,413 posts, read 3,473,679 times
Damn good thing you dumped the "nun" for not putting out after 7 dates so you could get back out there...

Another Online (POF) Date Nightmare

Only One Photo on Online Dating Profile

Old 11-09-2016, 07:33 AM

69 posts, read 55,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I am a guy. The usual number of dates until I have had sex is about 4 to 5 dates (sometimes sooner).

I have been out with this lady 7 times (over a 5 to 6 week period). I thought 7 was a "lucky" number but to no avail. And when I say no sex, I mean zero sex (of any kind). To be fair, this girl did tell me on date No. 1 that she is a "traditional" girl. I should have quizzed her on what that meant.

I thought 7 dates was a real long wait...so I am thinking it may be best to part our separate ways? I am not sure how long until she feels comfortable but she is 29 years old and has only had one sexual partner (her ex-husband). So the waiting game here could stretch on for a while...though she assures me she is NOT waiting for marriage until she has sex. She just wants to feel comfortable and that she can trust the guy she is with.

Be patient or move on...? For those that answer please specify your gender, just trying to get some perspective. Thanks.
female.. me and my BF didnt have sex for 6 months.. sex is supposed to be an expression of love, not something you do on a date at a certain time
she is looking for something more.. if you dont see your self creating a life with this girl, or possibly working towards that then move on because that is her goal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships