Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 06:57 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Not true. Try hanging out with classy women sometime. Your world will totally open up!
classy...sounds boring, uppity, and pretentious...
na thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I have read through this thread, but I don't feel like 4eversearching through all of your posts to see if you made such an acknowledgement, considering this thread turned into a train wreck about 10 pages back.

I'm not sure why you're getting so riled up about men who call a woman a prude for waiting for sex, there are plenty of women who would have not-so-nice things to say about a man who waits. Either way, if that person shows their true feelings like that about one's decision to wait to have sex, then it's obvious that person isn't deserving of their time.

And to your first point, about how being a gentleman can make a guy more deserving of getting sex, I'd like to direct your attention to the below post:

Or....men think they deserve it, because women tell him he's more deserving if he's a gentleman and more patient. Then some women turn around and act surprised when they find out the guy they had been seeing was faking his gentleman-ness in order to "tap dat azz".
Because she probably keeps getting dumped for women who have more realistic expectations
who the HELL waits a month for sex???
HE might wait a month to sex YOU, but he is most likely sexing SOMEONE ELSE in the mean time

Her posts sound like someone in their 30's to 40's who has been dating for ever and not met mr right yet...and she bitter or something

Old 02-25-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't think that means anything. Most of my LTRs have been with people I slept with before our first date, first date, or second, and at least half the weddings I've been to were of people that slept together first date or earlier.
me too

ALL of my long terms (excerpt my wife LOL) were sex before first date or on first date
my wife made me wait FOR HER a month, I was sexing others during that month...we weren't exclusive...once my wife finally privileged me with her precious hoo-haa, we became exclusive and monogamous...but I never lied to or deceived her...

my first love, we banged while friends, became an item after multiple bangs...and dated 5 years...my one and only heartbrake when it ended...

Old 02-25-2016, 07:28 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Because she probably keeps getting dumped for women who have more realistic expectations
HE might wait a month to sex YOU, but he is most likely sexing SOMEONE ELSE in the mean time

Her posts sound like someone in their 30's to 40's who has been dating for ever and not met mr right yet...and she bitter or something
Waiting a month for sex is nothing in the grand scheme of life. What exactly is going to happen to you if you don't have sex for a month?

Old 02-25-2016, 07:42 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Waiting a month for sex is nothing in the grand scheme of life. What exactly is going to happen to you if you don't have sex for a month?
Carpal tunnel

Old 02-25-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
do you want the long or short list
I would die...

it might stop working you know...LOL

I am going with what I remember when I was in my 20's (got married at 30)
and I wanted sex all the time...not every day...hell might have been only once a week...but going a month was not agreeable to me...I didn't have to...

Old 02-25-2016, 07:48 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
The truth of the matter is everyone is different. Some people like sex right away, some don't. Some want to wait until they are in exclusive relationship, some don't. Some wait until there is love, some don't. It's all about personal preference and personal values. It has nothing to do if whether a person likes sex or not or is good in bed... waiting until you are ready (whether that is date #1 or #10) has no correlation with enjoyment or quality. Time is it's own element independent of the other two.

Look at it this way, lots of people like things and hold out on those things they like for various reasons. Some see sex as the "dessert" (I am sure I'm not the only one who has heard this analogy) of the relationship, if everything else is good an satisfying, then there is sex. Some people like a good hearty meal before dessert... they feel better about enjoying dessert with a "strong foundation" of nutritious food. Others just skip the meal and go right to the chocolate cake because life is short. Doesn't mean one of them hates dessert or the other enjoys it more. They may even both anticipate with the same eagerness. Just means they have different priorities.

I said it before, if you are with someone of conflicting opinion on the subject, then maybe you are with the wrong person. Break things off and let them go their own way. A person who is into sex ASAP will find like minded people... and a person who likes to wait for whatever reason will also find like minded people.

Why do I think this? Personally, I've been in relationships where sex came before any dating, relationships where I waited on sex for a while, and my current relationship it took about a month of dating and an agreement to be exclusive before sex (kind of in the middle). When I had sex had no bearing on how good or frequent the sex happened later in the relationship. And when I had sex had no bearing on how good or bad the relationship was. What ended up really mattering was the person I was dating, not the act of sex.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:08 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
do you want the long or short list
I would die...

it might stop working you know...LOL

I am going with what I remember when I was in my 20's (got married at 30)
and I wanted sex all the time...not every day...hell might have been only once a week...but going a month was not agreeable to me...I didn't have to...

Quote:
Some people do.

You didn't. We get it. Congratulations on "sexing" multiple women all the time when you were young.

Not everybody thinks like you.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Some people do.

You didn't. We get it. Congratulations on "sexing" multiple women all the time when you were young.

Not everybody thinks like you.
straight men do
some can walk the walk, some cant

Old 02-25-2016, 09:30 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
straight men do
some can walk the walk, some cant
How original ... The old "you're gay if you aren't walking around humping everything in sight" trope.

Not ALL straight men think the way you do. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships