Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 10:46 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Because she probably keeps getting dumped for women who have more realistic expectations
who the HELL waits a month for sex???
HE might wait a month to sex YOU, but he is most likely sexing SOMEONE ELSE in the mean time
That would be Rosie Palm and her five sisters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 10:59 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
How original ... The old "you're gay if you aren't walking around humping everything in sight" trope.

Not ALL straight men think the way you do. Period.
Well, the vast majority of human beings, if not all of us, feel the desire to have sex. I certainly do. I feel the desire to have sex with probably 80% or 90% of the women I meet. Of course I have only met about six people for whom I felt romantic feelings (as opposed to just sexual).

I think a month is a long time to wait IF YOU ALREADY KNEW THEM.

Now, since most of you people want to start romantic relationships with people you have never met, then yeah I guess you have to wait. Going on romantic dates to get to know people, and not just starting out as platonic friends, makes no sense to me.

Personally, I'm not comfortable with that, and would rather start a relationship with someone I had already known for months or years on a strictly platonic basis.

You guys want conflicting things...you want to get to know someone in just a small number of meetings...and yet you think the person who does that is going to be somebody like me who wants a meaningful relationship. This is why so many people have problems.

Alpha males pursue...but alpha males are concerned primarily with sex. Beta males like myself want a relationship but we don't pursue aggressively. We want to get to know you as a friend first, not a romantic partner or a date, and have something develop in a more mutual and gradual and evolutionary and organic way. Many straight women, probably the majority, want to be "pursued". But that is in conflict with "get to know her first".

So yeah I don't agree with either side in this discussion, really. Although I'm more on the waiting side...but only because you guys want to date someone you didn't already know.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:13 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
How original ... The old "you're gay if you aren't walking around humping everything in sight" trope.

Not ALL straight men think the way you do. Period.
buzzzzzzzzzz
wrong...gay men do to actually

Old 02-25-2016, 11:19 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Well, the vast majority of human beings, if not all of us, feel the desire to have sex. I certainly do. I feel the desire to have sex with probably 80% or 90% of the women I meet. Of course I have only met about six people for whom I felt romantic feelings (as opposed to just sexual).

I think a month is a long time to wait IF YOU ALREADY KNEW THEM.

Now, since most of you people want to start romantic relationships with people you have never met, then yeah I guess you have to wait. Going on romantic dates to get to know people, and not just starting out as platonic friends, makes no sense to me.

Personally, I'm not comfortable with that, and would rather start a relationship with someone I had already known for months or years on a strictly platonic basis.

You guys want conflicting things...you want to get to know someone in just a small number of meetings...and yet you think the person who does that is going to be somebody like me who wants a meaningful relationship. This is why so many people have problems.

Alpha males pursue...but alpha males are concerned primarily with sex. Beta males like myself want a relationship but we don't pursue aggressively. We want to get to know you as a friend first, not a romantic partner or a date, and have something develop in a more mutual and gradual and evolutionary and organic way. Many straight women, probably the majority, want to be "pursued". But that is in conflict with "get to know her first".

So yeah I don't agree with either side in this discussion, really. Although I'm more on the waiting side...but only because you guys want to date someone you didn't already know.
No, it's not. A month is enough time for us to have three dates maybe. I only have dates once per week and preferably not at all during the week of my period.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:20 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Because she probably keeps getting dumped for women who have more realistic expectations
who the HELL waits a month for sex???
HE might wait a month to sex YOU, but he is most likely sexing SOMEONE ELSE in the mean time

Her posts sound like someone in their 30's to 40's who has been dating for ever and not met mr right yet...and she bitter or something
A month? What, you can't wait 4 dates? Grow up and realize that there's tremendous diversity in human psychology, for men as well as women. God didn't create man in your image. Shocker, I know. At the very least, it's useful to take the time to get to know someone to make sure she's not going to go bat-sh** crazy on you, after "bonding" with you over sex. Didn't they make a movie or two about that?

Old 02-25-2016, 11:26 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Seriously I can't count how many times I've met really hot women and started casually dating them without having sex. And after a month or so into it, finding out that they are not the type that I want to be having sex with. Two of these such women had incurable STD's. So after those close brushes with possibly contracting a gift that keeps on giving, I prefer to really get to know the woman first before moving on with the other. And the only thing that is 100% effective against such things is total sexual abstinence. I'm not a perfect angel by any means and I've done my share of risky business. But for the most part those were times few and far in between.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:29 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
No, it's not. A month is enough time for us to have three dates maybe.
Yes, I agree, but again, I would ONLY be on a date with someone if I ALREADY KNEW THEM. By know them, I mean, we are platonic friends, we met in a platonic context (at a meetup, a club, on public transit, etc), we have known each other for months, we talk often, we feel comfortable together. If they are a stranger, we would would not be on a date.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:32 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Yes, I agree, but again, I would ONLY be on a date with someone if I ALREADY KNEW THEM. By know them, I mean, we are platonic friends, we met in a platonic context (at a meetup, a club, on public transit, etc), we have known each other for months, we talk often, we feel comfortable together. If they are a stranger, we would would not be on a date.
Sure, that would be nice but I've never had a platonic male friend that I was attracted to. That's why they were platonic friends.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:33 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Again mate I don't understand.

If it's not working for YOU why are you still doing it that way?

Old 02-25-2016, 11:37 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A month? What, you can't wait 4 dates? Grow up and realize that there's tremendous diversity in human psychology, for men as well as women. God didn't create man in your image. Shocker, I know. At the very least, it's useful to take the time to get to know someone to make sure she's not going to go bat-sh** crazy on you, after "bonding" with you over sex. Didn't they make a movie or two about that?
if she goes bat $h*t crazy on me, then at LEAST I got to sex her...lol

"a tremendous diversity in human psychology"...so nice if not confusing way of saying some men have let pseudo-intellectualism override their basic animalistic instincts...I have not...I let them coexist and know when its time for one or the other

its a matter of people fooling themselves into thinking when a man first lays eyes on a woman, mostly, but not always, the first thing he notices is her attractiveness, and sex is a part of that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships