Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 06:53 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times

Advertisements

My family and friends have been on me to "get out there and meet someone" since being widowed 6 years ago. (I am a young 61). While I did date some after my husband died there has been nobody since 2013. I joined a dating site over the weekend just to see what was out there. The men close to my age look so old. Nobody interested me. One guy messaged me and we chatted back and forth but after 4 messages he gave me his phone number and wanted us to meet for coffee. I was getting a little interested until this morning when I read the questions he answered and he mentioned wanting to have sex every night!

Really?! Does a 68 year old guy seriously want to have sex every night? The thought of having sex every night at my age is incomprehensible. I plan on messaging him back and being honest with him and telling him based on the answers to the dating site's questions I don't think we are a match.

Can you lose it if you don't use it? Is it normal to be repulsed at the thought of a man touching you? And no I have never been raped or sexually abused. My late husband and I had a great sex life until he got sick. Is it me or do other women at 61 have little to no desire for sex? It's not a physical thing, it's a mental thing in my case. Maybe it was just too much trauma between being widowed and then diagnosed with breast cancer 8 months later?

How many women my age are out there and still desire and want sex especially the single ones still in the dating scene?

I wonder if there are dating sites for people who don't want sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 07:08 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,233,524 times
It might be more of a situation where you havent met someone that you'd like to have sex with. As Billy Crystal once said, women need a reason to have sex, men just need a place.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:30 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post

Those are called platonic friendships.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:35 AM

2,320 posts, read 1,867,706 times
Personally ( I am not 60, but 50 is coming up pretty quick.. does 10 years make that much difference? you are scaring me ...), I feel that sex is an extension of cuddling, it feels good.
Liking the person, if not loving them helps a ton too....

Old 11-21-2016, 07:38 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
It might be more of a situation where you havent met someone that you'd like to have sex with. As Billy Crystal once said, women need a reason to have sex, men just need a place.
Certainly how it works in my marriage...and we're in our 60s.

Every night? I would not mind it at all. We have a place every night, but what's a lot more work is giving my wife sufficient reason every night.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:48 AM

4,384 posts, read 4,381,108 times
Different people are -- well -- different.
I know some folks who are pretty much done with it at 60. On the other hand my 'across the street neighbor' (age 70) and his 45 y.o. wife just had a baby 6 weeks ago.
I have had conversations (professional level in a clinic) with ladies in their 70's who are still fairly active but do require help with some of the physical limitations that menopause brought them.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:19 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
Personally ( I am not 60, but 50 is coming up pretty quick.. does 10 years make that much difference? you are scaring me ...), I feel that sex is an extension of cuddling, it feels good.
Liking the person, if not loving them helps a ton too....

Don't be too concerned CAjerseychick - I have had medical issues which you probably don't have.

Maybe if I met someone in real life and got to know them and liked them I would feel different. Maybe this whole online dating just isn't for me. You can't get a feeling for a guy's personality unless he has a great profile and most don't. The one guy who had an amazing profile and sense of humor lives in the Northeast. I just feel numb in my heart, I don't know how else to describe it.

Men - specifically unmarried men who date: please answer this question: are you still able and willing to have sex every single night? Is that something any man I might date would expect? I figured at that age once a week would be more the norm.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:46 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
The answer is yes!

There are women 60+ who still desire intimacy. I don't know about the "sex every night" part, but I know of older women who still get it on. I was in a FWB with a 63- yo woman a couple years ago.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:57 AM

50,336 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I am 68 and i can take it or leave it. I'm fine either way. If OP just goes about her life, doing what makes her happy, and happens to meet a man she enjoys spending time with, the man might want sex, or he might not. My opinion is it wouldn't cost anything to provide it. No big deal.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:31 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
My family and friends have been on me to "get out there and meet someone" since being widowed 6 years ago. (I am a young 61). While I did date some after my husband died there has been nobody since 2013. I joined a dating site over the weekend just to see what was out there. The men close to my age look so old. Nobody interested me. One guy messaged me and we chatted back and forth but after 4 messages he gave me his phone number and wanted us to meet for coffee. I was getting a little interested until this morning when I read the questions he answered and he mentioned wanting to have sex every night!

Really?! Does a 68 year old guy seriously want to have sex every night? The thought of having sex every night at my age is incomprehensible. I plan on messaging him back and being honest with him and telling him based on the answers to the dating site's questions I don't think we are a match.

Can you lose it if you don't use it? Is it normal to be repulsed at the thought of a man touching you? And no I have never been raped or sexually abused. My late husband and I had a great sex life until he got sick. Is it me or do other women at 61 have little to no desire for sex? It's not a physical thing, it's a mental thing in my case. Maybe it was just too much trauma between being widowed and then diagnosed with breast cancer 8 months later?

How many women my age are out there and still desire and want sex especially the single ones still in the dating scene?

You two would obviously not be compatible (on the other hand, what he put on his response could have just been wishful thinking on his part in terms of his actual ability and desire).

You need to find a guy who is not that interested in sex. There are probably plenty of men around your age who don't have the ability or interest to have frequent sex.

Just keep looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships