Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 05:13 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
It's the easiest/fastest way for me to explain my logic at that time. I don't actually go around rating people.
That makes sense. The last time I did hear a score was truly in HS, some girl rated me and I gotta say, I wasn't too unhappy about that one. LOL

Last edited by Chowhound; 12-23-2016 at 05:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 05:19 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
You don't say how long you've been divorced, nor do you really define 'picky'.

I've been divorced 10 years, and heck, yeah, I'm picky, and not apologizing to anyone for that.

I've tried to be more patient, more open minded, more accepting, look outside my 'type', whatever, and what I find is that the harder I have to work to accept a guy for who he is, the more likely I am to forget him in his absence. As in, I just can't get him to stick in my mind. As in If he didn't call for a few weeks, I might not notice. I don't think that's me being picky. It's just me not being into him.

That said, in 10 years not one guy has come even CLOSE.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:24 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marketa View Post
How do you stop being so F picky?
When you realize you're one cat away from being on that show Hoarders.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:55 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
When you realize you're one cat away from being on that show Hoarders.
Ooooh no, not me, I can fit many more kitties in here, than just one giant ass, and I know where they all are--the hazmats won't find any of mine flattened under the hallway runner.

Some day my prince will come:

Old 12-23-2016, 06:04 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
BTDT. After 11+ years with a 5.5-6 I was determined to pull 7-8+. That quickly changed as I noticed the 7+ guys I was pulling were f__kboys, jerks, etc. Not at all worth it.

I'm still attracted to what I'm attracted to, but I've taken a break from dating. My very good friend (with major benefits, but we are still very close without the benefits) is a 9 in my eyes and treats me very well.
I kind of understand this. I'm also divorced. I rate myself a solid 7. I think my personality (being a shy introvert) drags me down to that number, or maybe lower. Of course its all subjective and I'm a 5 in some peoples eyes and maybe a 9 (though its not apparent to me) in others. My ex-wife was probably a 7 as well (though because she was an extrovert, probably viewed higher than that by others), but I want the 9. I wish I was this alpha male a-hole that women seem to want, but I'm just not. I'm too nice (not in a take sh*t kind of way) and not assertive enough. Maybe its actually the lack of assertiveness. I'll probably never know. The point is, I also like what I like and have had it before, so I don't see it as a stretch. Others accuse me of being way too picky. If I were in Dallas, Atlanta, or New York City, I could find many women I'd want to date who likely wouldn't give me the time of day for whatever reason. Where I live currently, not so much, and therefore I get labeled as too picky in a city where everyone desirable is married. Its a problem I hope to solve in 2017. However, I'd rather be single than settle too much on what I'm attracted to.

Last edited by Atlguy39; 12-23-2016 at 06:18 PM..

Old 12-23-2016, 06:15 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Yes typically.

You do not want to repeat the same perceived mistakes again so you tighten the grips on what you do or do not have control over.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:18 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Eh when you find the answer let me know.

When people tell me to "lower my standards" (ones I didn't even know I had)....I respond with how?

Back to the OP:

It's understandable that you would feel that way. Maybe you should take a break from dating.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:20 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Ooooh no, not me, I can fit many more kitties in here, than just one giant ass, and I know where they all are--the hazmats won't find any of mine flattened under the hallway runner.

Some day my prince will come:
Oh they're so precious!

Old 12-23-2016, 06:20 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I kind of understand this. I'm also divorced. I rate myself a solid 7. I think my personality (being a shy introvert) drags me down to that number, or maybe lower. Of course its all subjective and I'm a 5 in some peoples eyes and maybe a 9 (though its not apparent to me) in others. My ex-wife was probably a 7 as well, but I want the 9. I wish I was this alpha male a-hole that women seem to want, but I'm just not. I'm too nice (not in a take sh*t kind of way) and not assertive enough. Maybe its actually the lack of assertiveness. I'll probably never know. The point is, I also like what I like and have had it before, so I don't see it as a stretch. Other accuse me of being way too picky. If I were in Dallas, Atlanta, or New York City, I could find many women I'd want to date who likely wouldn't give me the time of day for whatever reason. Where I live currently, not so much, and therefore I get labeled as too picky in a city where everyone desirable is married. Its a problem I hope to solve in 2017. However, I'd rather be single than settle too much on what I'm attracted to.
Good post thank you for the insight

To be honest mate I'm perhaps too nice at times and don't SCREAM alpha ( maybe in some areas but not dating as such if that makes sense? ) and MOST DEFINITELY not more than a 6/7 in looks at present LMAO! ( but an easy 8 at least when in shape ) but usually only go for 8-10s and more often than not I'll get them.

But that's only because my other traits ( personality, SOH, charm, charisma, confidence etc ) on my day can make me 10 to some ..... I know we've talked about our different personalities but it can still be done with the right amount of optimism

But agreed in not settling and I'm the same as I believe it's unfair to feel I could do better and possibly hold some resentment towards my SO and especially when she's done nothing wrong

But I've had an god awful end to 2016 not in dating as such but in life so not really had the same interest or conviction as I usually have but I'm getting back to my best gradually so I'll drink to a happy 2017 for sure

Old 12-23-2016, 06:30 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Good post thank you for the insight

To be honest mate I'm perhaps too nice at times and don't SCREAM alpha ( maybe in some areas but not dating as such if that makes sense? ) and MOST DEFINITELY not more than a 6/7 in looks at present LMAO! ( but an easy 8 at least when in shape ) but usually only go for 8-10s and more often than not I'll get them.

But that's only because my other traits ( personality, SOH, charm, charisma, confidence etc ) on my day can make me 10 to some ..... I know we've talked about our different personalities but it can still be done with the right amount of optimism

But agreed in not settling and I'm the same as I believe it's unfair to feel I could do better and possibly hold some resentment towards my SO and especially when she's done nothing wrong

But I've had an god awful end to 2016 not in dating as such but in life so not really had the same interest or conviction as I usually have but I'm getting back to my best gradually so I'll drink to a happy 2017 for sure
Thanks. I do know that typically in a woman's eyes its more about personality than looks. Thats a major weakness for me. Some of my new friends may not agree with that because I've worked hard to be more outgoing (what everyone seems to want in the U.S.) and positive. But I'm still not very assertive or confident (another key with women) enough. That said, I am sort of dating a couple of attractive women (ie: my type), so its going better. However, I over analyze every single thing and usually take innocent comments (via texts) negatively. Not sure why I do this. I continue to pursue them, so I'm working through it, but dating is soooo stressful for me. I just can't relax enough, which makes them uncomfortable on dates, and I'm accused of being "hard to read". It just takes time to get to know me, time which women don't care to invest these days. Anyway, despite my divorce, I do still want to be married, just to the right woman of course. I really long for that. I mean after all, humans weren't created to go through life alone, and I feel very alone.

Sorry your year is ending badly. I'll make a toast to both of us on my NYE cruise for a happy 2017.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships