Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 05:53 PM

599 posts, read 693,530 times

Advertisements

wow! i thought i had problems, i'm sorry to hear that. Try setting up another date next weekend or another day this week.
Take her to Morton's Steakhouse, one of my favorite romantic spots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 09:32 PM

728 posts, read 472,398 times
She didn't cancel. I just believe she will.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:17 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,151,572 times
LOL: raincloud alert, be thou forewarned:

...That being, this very last year. The Russian dumped me last week of January, after we came back from a civil but rather chilly jaunt to LA and the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills for a long weekend (caught a last minute deal, I'm not Donald Trump).

I believe her parting comment was, "I'm sure you can go with your girlFRIEND to that (event) or something!" She was not terribly fond of my female inner-circle pal so-and-so; that often causes problems when a girlfriend wrongly assumes I'm screwing the female-friend. I'm not, and won't be, but it doesn't matter. Guilt by association was good enough for Stalin to send the whole family to labor camps, same difference here.

So, night of the thing (downtown Seattle) I went for a walk or something instead. Nothing more pathetic than being at a show on Valentine's Day in a couple's box, alone. Really. Blow it off, go bowling. Bet that's where I'll be that night, working up a freakin' lather of unrequited sexual angst.

PS: I've had very few Valentine's Days as a couple that were not some sort of drama-fest anyway, so it really didn't matter all that much. Mind, I spend the vast bulk of my life flying solo so there aren't all that many to choose from, but more than a few just went south: 1) the five-star restaurant whose service slipped a full star (presentation, quality) and a table in the 'overflow' section despite me receiving a month in advance. 2) the "sure thing" who was visited by Aunt Flo instead 3) rain and snow at least one year putting the kibosh on pretty much *any* movement outdoors to go anywhere.

Moving forward I'll guage it pretty carefully and probably design my own event at my house, cooking up something nice and being extra-careful with mood and presentation. Too much can go wrong elsewhere.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:24 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
She didn't cancel. I just believe she will.
Then you need to cancel FIRST.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:47 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
A friend of mine had someone cancel a date on her recently. They were gonna go out on valentine's day. Poor friend.

Old 02-12-2017, 04:05 PM

602 posts, read 396,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
text her to make sure she is still planning to go with you. Do this a lot.
lmao!

Old 02-12-2017, 04:57 PM

728 posts, read 472,398 times
I told her today it would suck if I didn't see her on V day. She said, I thought we were going to the movie." I said, "yes, I hope so."

Old 02-12-2017, 04:59 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
I told her today it would suck if I didn't see her on V day. She said, I thought we were going to the movie." I said, "yes, I hope so."
So ... was that a pre-emptive stirke? She hasn't actually canceled yet, right?

Old 02-12-2017, 05:05 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Quote:
" Yes, I hope so "..... She's probably got more doubt that you'll cancel after that mate lol

But seriously she's said yes so stop fearing the worst and enjoy yourself

Old 02-12-2017, 05:24 PM

602 posts, read 396,148 times
Is this the same woman who canceled in you because of her sick kid? Honestly surprised she agreed to go out with you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships