Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 06:32 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times

Advertisements

No ****ing way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 07:11 PM

1,020 posts, read 808,458 times
I've never done it, but someone in my family has. They married very young, then divorced for a couple of years, then remarried again & have been married for almost 60 years now. During the divorce time, they were contemplating relocating to another part of the world & leaving their families behind, which they ultimately did.

While, it's not a marriage I would consider successful, they are both fine with it & their choice seemed to have more to do with being young & the stress of what they were experiencing at the time.

Old 03-18-2017, 04:25 PM

540 posts, read 362,591 times
No way. I would never remarry someone I divorced.
It takes a lot to get to a place where you want to divorce someone in the first place.
Move forward and let the past stay in the past.
After all, divorce came knocking for a reason........

Old 03-19-2017, 01:16 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,056,349 times
My mother claims she divorced and remarried my father. Good thing, or else I would have never been born.

My father says, ignore the crazy woman-talk.

----
Now for myself, I would rather jab my own eyes out with a rusty fork, than re-marry my ex wife. To be fair, I'm sure she feels the same way.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:32 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,443,479 times
He probably misses the easy sex. Maybe he'll get back some of the money he lost in their recent divorce. Maybe he's thinking she'll support him in his old age.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:26 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,606 times
My ex would remarry me, she had told me a few times. After hearing that I changed two phone numbers I've had for over 15 years lol

Old 03-19-2017, 05:29 PM

894 posts, read 586,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
My 61 year old 1%er uncle has been married to three different women. The first was one of his high school teachers (yes, they were "fooling around" then and she was married at the time) and they were married from shortly after he got out of high school until his mid 30s. She helped him get his first professional job out of college, as well as seed capital for his business.

He divorced her and married a woman fifteen years younger than him - they were together around twenty years. They had two kids and divorced. He told the wife and kids he was leaving them on Christmas Eve. He was cheating on wife #2 with his dog's trainer.

He married the dog trainer the legal minimum to the day after the previous divorce was finalized. They were married about two years, divorced, remarried, divorced again this fall. He said he was completely done with her. Total divorce settlements were about $150,000 in cash, he paid off $80,000 in her student loans prior to the first divorce, and there has been endless drama. After the most recent divorce, he said he was done with her.

A few weeks ago, they "swapped dogs" after his dog was neutered and needed more daytime care than he could provide. Now they've gone yet another cruise and he says they're going to remarry again. This makes the third marriage to this one person. It is obvious she is just using him for money and trips.

Have you ever divorced and remarried the same person? What's your opinion on it?
Geez, I'm still up to the part where you said he told his wife & kids on Christmas Eve that he was leaving.

Who DOES that?! That's cold!

As far as your question, I know in life, there are exceptions to almost every rule.

But I think that in the majority of cases of people who get back together with people who they had previously broken up with or even divorced, it's usually just a matter of time before 1 or both people start wanting to get out of the relationship yet again.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:44 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,553,761 times
If there is a reason severe enough to terminate a marriage, I can't see any likely reason that would change.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:48 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,738,262 times
That is crazy.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:01 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,255,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
What's your opinion on it?
There's a reason they got divorced in the first place, so to remarry again seems foolish, but since it's his choice, I wouldn't worry about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships