Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:59 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
WAAAAWHOOOOO,

Today I found my Johnny.......he e-mailed me and we both are happy
that we found each other.

Johnny wasn't that far away from where he originally lived, but from where I sit, we are still 1,200 miles apart.

To say the least, I am happy to know that he is alive and well.

Dreams do come true, I found my Johnny at last.

Will update as we go along.

Songbird42

YOU FOUND HIM!!!!!! Fantastic! I hope all your dreams come true!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 07:33 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
What a sweet story. so...is he married?

Old 05-23-2008, 04:09 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Quote:
When I was 12 yrs old, the first boy who kissed me was Johnny, later in junior HS we'd see each other everyday, he was shy and loved rock n roll, he loved to sing in the subway tunnels near the school. I knew he cared, as only a 13 yr old boy can, I also was crazy about him. There was one night where he was just riding his bike and I saw him, we sat and talked awhile and when he got up to leave, he stopped and handed me his ring. I thought to myself what are we doing here? I thought at 13 I was too young to go steady, so I gave him back the ring and we didn't see each other again. I moved but would send Christmas cards, I was already in a relationship when I heard he was getting married, and I closed the book and never looked back.

I became a singer with my own group and sometimes while on stage I would think of Johnny and his love of rock n roll, often thinking whatever happened to him, I always put the thoughs to the back of my mind. In 94 I became a widow and started thinking of Johnny, I tried to find him, I found people that sang with him, people he went to school with, I've posted on Classmates
to no avail. Johnny can't be found. I tried to locate his ex wife no leads there. Why do I want to find Johnny.....his love of music led me down the path that I took and had a very sucessful 40 yrs+ singing. I would love to find him to tell him I should have taken the ring, my life would have taken a different path, and also that I never forgot him and I hope that he's happy and well, and tell him he was responsible for me having a great singing career....There are no other motives, just to catch up with a old and dear friend.

Maybe because I'm getting older I keep looking back at my youth and see the mistakes I've made along the way, yet, to me Johnny was the kindest, sweetest person I was ever really close to. Should I just forget it and move on? I know that if the shoe were on the other foot, I would be flattered to know that someone cared so much, nearly 40 yrs old. Is this grandmother being a fool to try and find her Johnny.

You must find him. There is a strong pull to him for one reason or another, you won't know why until you locate him. Keep putting the energy out there, but don't let it consume you.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:13 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Quote:
WAAAAWHOOOOO,

Today I found my Johnny.......he e-mailed me and we both are happy
that we found each other.

Johnny wasn't that far away from where he originally lived, but from where I sit, we are still 1,200 miles apart.

To say the least, I am happy to know that he is alive and well.

Dreams do come true, I found my Johnny at last.

Will update as we go along.

Songbird42
OK so I missed this post.

Let me just say YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Somehow when I first read your post I knew you would find him. The passion I felt in reading your post was very strong. I'm excited for you.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:59 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I tried to e-mail you but your mailbox is full and cannot accept my e-mail.
Songbird, I am so glad you were able to find Johnny. I read that you were trying to contact me and sent you a DM before I finished reading this thread.

I do hope that you have been able to catch up with Johnny and even if things don't go in the direction you thought they would, at least you will have some resolution to how you have been feeling. I hope you do come back soon and let us know how it went.

I have a similar situation with someone I dated in high school. I would like to get back in touch with him but he is elusive, has a VERY common name. I have however found a relatives address that I plan on calling to see if I can get them to cough up a phone number for him.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:45 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
You must find him. There is a strong pull to him for one reason or another, you won't know why until you locate him. Keep putting the energy out there, but don't let it consume you.
Hey moony, long time no "see".

Old 05-24-2008, 12:38 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,587,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
OK so I missed this post.

Let me just say YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Somehow when I first read your post I knew you would find him. The passion I felt in reading your post was very strong. I'm excited for you.

You have no idea what finding Johnny has meant for me, I know that he is alive and well, that is the most important thing in the world to me, that he is on third wife and still trying well, no comment, true, people do change, but he was the sweetest,kindest boy in the whole world, we never had a bad word between us and I have always felt that I really messed up, not accepting his ring. Water under the bridge and I can't take that back. I still would like him to be part of my life now, family and all. I will hope for the best, that is all I can do.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
that he is on third wife
He'll be available again soon enough...

Old 05-24-2008, 03:39 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
He'll be available again soon enough...
Oh no you didn't!

Old 05-24-2008, 03:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Oh no you didn't!
You know I (almost) always do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships