Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:34 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,588,533 times

Advertisements

When I was 12 yrs old, the first boy who kissed me was Johnny, later in junior HS we'd see each other everyday, he was shy and loved rock n roll, he loved to sing in the subway tunnels near the school. I knew he cared, as only a 13 yr old boy can, I also was crazy about him. There was one night where he was just riding his bike and I saw him, we sat and talked awhile and when he got up to leave, he stopped and handed me his ring. I thought to myself what are we doing here? I thought at 13 I was too young to go steady, so I gave him back the ring and we didn't see each other again. I moved but would send Christmas cards, I was already in a relationship when I heard he was getting married, and I closed the book and never looked back.

I became a singer with my own group and sometimes while on stage I would think of Johnny and his love of rock n roll, often thinking whatever happened to him, I always put the thoughs to the back of my mind. In 94 I became a widow and started thinking of Johnny, I tried to find him, I found people that sang with him, people he went to school with, I've posted on Classmates
to no avail. Johnny can't be found. I tried to locate his ex wife no leads there. Why do I want to find Johnny.....his love of music led me down the path that I took and had a very sucessful 40 yrs+ singing. I would love to find him to tell him I should have taken the ring, my life would have taken a different path, and also that I never forgot him and I hope that he's happy and well, and tell him he was responsible for me having a great singing career....There are no other motives, just to catch up with a old and dear friend.

Maybe because I'm getting older I keep looking back at my youth and see the mistakes I've made along the way, yet, to me Johnny was the kindest, sweetest person I was ever really close to. Should I just forget it and move on? I know that if the shoe were on the other foot, I would be flattered to know that someone cared so much, nearly 40 yrs old. Is this grandmother being a fool to try and find her Johnny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 05:36 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,489,236 times
Johnny's probably bald, impotent, and carrying 20 std's now

Old 03-06-2008, 06:19 PM

43 posts, read 167,418 times
I don't think you're being silly at all. You are already living with the "what if" of what would have happened if you had taken the ring. Now you're in a situation where you have the opportunity to find out if anything is still there , still possible or even just to let him know how thankful you are to have known him and what a difference he made in your life. So I say GO FOR IT! Otherwise you'll just end up living the rest of your life with more "what if"'s. And if you don't find him then at least you have the peace of mind knowing that you tried.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:32 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,348,336 times
I also say, go for it.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:23 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
That's so sweet... What the heck, give it a shot!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:30 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,244,197 times
I tracked down 3 old friends from junior high. All I used was google. Go for it!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:49 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
When I was 12 yrs old, the first boy who kissed me was Johnny, later in junior HS we'd see each other everyday, he was shy and loved rock n roll, he loved to sing in the subway tunnels near the school. I knew he cared, as only a 13 yr old boy can, I also was crazy about him. There was one night where he was just riding his bike and I saw him, we sat and talked awhile and when he got up to leave, he stopped and handed me his ring. I thought to myself what are we doing here? I thought at 13 I was too young to go steady, so I gave him back the ring and we didn't see each other again. I moved but would send Christmas cards, I was already in a relationship when I heard he was getting married, and I closed the book and never looked back.

I became a singer with my own group and sometimes while on stage I would think of Johnny and his love of rock n roll, often thinking whatever happened to him, I always put the thoughs to the back of my mind. In 94 I became a widow and started thinking of Johnny, I tried to find him, I found people that sang with him, people he went to school with, I've posted on Classmates
to no avail. Johnny can't be found. I tried to locate his ex wife no leads there. Why do I want to find Johnny.....his love of music led me down the path that I took and had a very sucessful 40 yrs+ singing. I would love to find him to tell him I should have taken the ring, my life would have taken a different path, and also that I never forgot him and I hope that he's happy and well, and tell him he was responsible for me having a great singing career....There are no other motives, just to catch up with a old and dear friend.

Maybe because I'm getting older I keep looking back at my youth and see the mistakes I've made along the way, yet, to me Johnny was the kindest, sweetest person I was ever really close to. Should I just forget it and move on? I know that if the shoe were on the other foot, I would be flattered to know that someone cared so much, nearly 40 yrs old. Is this grandmother being a fool to try and find her Johnny.
I'm good at finding people, if you want me to see if I can find him, send me a DM with as much information as you have on him like not just his name (middle names are really helpful) but general age, name of any relatives you might know and what states you know he lived in.

I think its a cool idea to get in contact with people from your past. I have kept in contact with my grade school friends and gotten back into contact with some people I lost track of.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:36 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,679 times
The love of my life found me after 24 years apart and now we're living our happily ever after.

I say go for it.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:55 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,926,939 times
At first, I thought I was reading the plot to Avril Lavigne's song "Sk8r Boi".

Try Google as someone mentioned or a social networking site, such as My Space and Face Book. Good luck w/ your search!

Old 03-06-2008, 10:40 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,588,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I'm good at finding people, if you want me to see if I can find him, send me a DM with as much information as you have on him like not just his name (middle names are really helpful) but general age, name of any relatives you might know and what states you know he lived in.

I think its a cool idea to get in contact with people from your past. I have kept in contact with my grade school friends and gotten back into contact with some people I lost track of.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I tried to e-mail you but your mailbox is full and cannot accept my e-mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships