Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 07:59 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,928,064 times

Advertisements

Most men will not wander if they're getting their needs met at home. Maybe the OP isn't keeping him happy between the sheets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 08:02 AM

5,025 posts, read 7,460,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Most men will not wander if they're getting their needs met at home. Maybe the OP isn't keeping him happy between the sheets?

Or maybe the OP's husband's just a shady pig.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:33 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,811,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Everyone should protect their stuff with passwords, in general.

There’s very little that my spouse and I NEED to share passwords for. Bank? We have our own passwords. Bills? Each of us have specific bills we handle.

We have a shared email account that’s solely for household stuff, and everyone in this house has access to stuff like our Netflix password and iTunes.

Why would we need access to stuff we do not use?

I don't think the problem is his locking his computer and passwords. The problem is that he switched from not doing that to doing that. That's always a red flag and I can't believe that folks are dumb enough to think it won't be noticed.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:14 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,300,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Most men wander if they get an opportunity regardless of being happy between the sheets or not. The internet and social media has provided that opportunity. OP should go for the root cause. Probably keep an eye out on the credit card and monthly bank statements, phone records etc. Shutting down all individual fb accts and creating one joint fb acct for husband and wife would be a good start.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:20 PM

102,228 posts, read 108,040,687 times
OP never returned to thread after her opening post. Case closed, I guess.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:21 PM

888 posts, read 556,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
Most men wander if they get an opportunity regardless of being happy between the sheets or not. The internet and social media has provided that opportunity. OP should go for the root cause. Probably keep an eye out on the credit card and monthly bank statements, phone records etc. Shutting down all individual fb accts and creating one joint fb acct for husband and wife would be a good start.

Monitoring your partner and always insisting on joint accounts isn't the answer. If he is cheating, she needs to either figure out if she will put up with it, or leave him. If someone wants to cheat they will find a way to do so, no matter how much you try to monitor their activities. And who wants to live that way anyways? I would rather be alone any day then feel like I have to keep an eye on what my husband is doing.

Also, I don't think it has anything to do with being happy in the sheets at home, men who get plenty of action at home also cheat. As do women.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:21 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,300,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
Monitoring your partner and always insisting on joint accounts isn't the answer. If he is cheating, she needs to either figure out if she will put up with it, or leave him. If someone wants to cheat they will find a way to do so, no matter how much you try to monitor their activities. And who wants to live that way anyways? I would rather be alone any day then feel like I have to keep an eye on what my husband is doing.
In an ideal situation monitoring and insisting on joint accounts isn't necessary. But in this case there is suspicion that something fishy is going on, so its best to see what else is the guy upto? Is it only cyber buddy or he is paying bills, buying gifts, sending money to fb sweetheart 2000 miles away. If she is overseas it is even more scarier. It is considered normal to have joint assets and bank accounts for married couples at least in US, not sure about Canada.

People who want to cheat will find a way eventually but its not going be as easy if there are checks and balances in place. Just monitoring itself will not solve the problem.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:57 PM

888 posts, read 556,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
In an ideal situation monitoring and insisting on joint accounts isn't necessary. But in this case there is suspicion that something fishy is going on, so its best to see what else is the guy upto? Is it only cyber buddy or he is paying bills, buying gifts, sending money to fb sweetheart 2000 miles away. If she is overseas it is even more scarier. It is considered normal to have joint assets and bank accounts for married couples at least in US, not sure about Canada.

People who want to cheat will find a way eventually but its not going be as easy if there are checks and balances in place. Just monitoring itself will not solve the problem.

I think in this case it's obvious this guy has an intention. Whether he has done anything yet, who knows (the distance). But, if someone isn't fully into being married, will checking on them really help things? I wouldn't want to be with someone who didn't want to be with me. I just think life is too short. So yes, she could check on this, find out the truth, but to me, she already knows enough to know her husband isn't fully committed.

Divorce sucks, not saying it's easy. And some people who choose to stay knowing this, and that is a choice. But I think the issue isn't that he locked his computer. That is normal. So I just find it interesting that was the title of the post and what some people are focusing on. My husband and I always lock our phones and computers. Doesn't mean anything. He is the one who got annoyed when I didn't lock my phone, because if you lose it, the person who finds it has all your information ( he works in IT, so is always on my case about security)

Old 07-14-2017, 04:43 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,663,343 times
I had an internet relationship. Oh man, those were the days!!!!

Old 10-25-2017, 03:38 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I don't think the problem is his locking his computer and passwords. The problem is that he switched from not doing that to doing that. That's always a red flag and I can't believe that folks are dumb enough to think it won't be noticed.
Depends. Maybe he read some articles on internet safety and decided he needed to be more cautious?

I would ask instead of wondering. I'd also not be digging around on someone else's FB and computer, even if it was open to me.

Back in the day, when my ex and I shared a computer because there was only one in the house, we both had our own desktops and logins so we could set things up the way we wanted them.

It was practical. Not secretive. If one of us walked up while the other was on the computer, we didn't HIDE our screens.

Same now, even though my husband and I have our own devices, we don't actively hide them. They're just PW protected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships