Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 01:47 PM

2,775 posts, read 3,762,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
She's "throwing her medication away"? If that's happened more than once, sounds like she's taking too much medication, not throwing it away.
Um no, like she throws away her full prescription container along with her pills in the garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 11:29 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
Um no, like she throws away her full prescription container along with her pills in the garbage.
I'm struggling to believe that.

Do you really think that's what's going on?

And if she's done that, can't she just get them back out of the trash?

Old 09-02-2017, 12:05 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
That's the thing with these serotonin reuptake meds.......you're on 'em for a while and ya feel good. Don't need 'em anymore so you stop takin' 'em.

Then the inevitable crash ensues.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:11 AM

1,158 posts, read 961,459 times
You sound very obsessive.

The relationship did not work. Let it go and move on.

For whatever reason she did not want to marry you.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:53 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,965 times
When a woman is no longer attracted to you none of the issues you brought up matter.

Next relationship make sure you find a way to remain attractive.

Old 09-03-2017, 11:03 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
No, you're right. Maybe to her I am a nightmare. Who knows? All I can say is that I treated my ex well. She never had to worry about emotional support as I was giving her plenty. I am the primary care giver for our daughter, I work a job and take care of the outs and in's of the household. I've never raised my voice to her, or hit her or done anything against her will. I never gave her crap about hanging out with her friends. I sacrificed everything about me to support her for all of these years and I never expected a thanks in return. I'm a good father and would have made a fantastic husband. I know I'm not a nightmare.
And here it is. When are men going to learn that women don't want you to sacrifice everything about yourself for them. They might say they do. It might sound good on paper. But the reality is that it destroys attraction and eventually relationships, like this one.

How many stories do you see on the internet about guys starting out in an amazing relationship, getting married, giving up who they were and their wives lose attraction to them, sex trickles to once a month......maybe, and everybody is miserable.

You were weak dude. You let her walk all over you and she lost any respect for you. Being Mr. Homemaker doesn't get panties wet. You never set boundaries and if you did, she'd probably break them and you wouldn't care because being nice was supposed to keep her around so you could show her how great of a husband you would be.

Also, being afraid she would leave you is massively unattractive. If you're afraid of her leaving, it shines a bright light on a lack on inner confidence, which again, is massively unattractive. You've got a lot of work to do if you hope to have success in your next relationship my man.

I also STRONGLY suggest you read "No Mr. Nice Guy." I have a feeling it will be quite enlightening for you.

Remember, all this commitment, family, love etc etc, none of it matters when the attraction dies. Relationships come down to one thing in the end, and it is attraction.

Last edited by RedWings18; 09-03-2017 at 11:16 AM..

Old 09-03-2017, 11:23 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Honestly, it sounds like she has another man in mind, jared.
What she has in mind is that you will care for her child and continue to help her financially while she parties and runs around. And you'll do it, Right?

Old 09-03-2017, 11:59 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
What she has in mind is that you will care for her child and continue to help her financially while she parties and runs around. And you'll do it, Right?
Yes, because now he is a father and someone will have to step up here.

Jared came out of a 12-year relationship and ended up getting this girl pregnant fairly soon into their time together. It was always going to be a challenge.

I agree that he has taken some wrong turns. I think he knows that now. Time to forget worrying about "why," reassess, and let this woman stew in her own juices for a while.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:22 AM

2,775 posts, read 3,762,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm struggling to believe that.

Do you really think that's what's going on?

And if she's done that, can't she just get them back out of the trash?
Well on one occasion yes. On another occasion no because the trash was taken out to the curb and picked up before I knew she had actually thrown them away.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:32 PM

708 posts, read 578,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
That's the thing with these serotonin reuptake meds.......you're on 'em for a while and ya feel good. Don't need 'em anymore so you stop takin' 'em.

Then the inevitable crash ensues.
You can't just stop them. You need to ween off of them slowly or it makes you squirrelly. I don't know how she works if she stops taking them cold turkey. It truly makes you a little wackadoodle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships