Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 03:59 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,104,858 times

Advertisements

I consider folks with tattoos in the same vein as folks that leave their Christmas lights on until Easter.

Not something I would do, but it doesn't bother me.

Funny story:

Well, kinda.

A gal that I was dating almost two years ago ran out and got this big 'ole tiger inked on her upper arm. She asked me if i liked it.

I said "no."

Then she got angry.

White lies and happy relationships fit well together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 04:01 PM

52,338 posts, read 52,799,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I consider folks with tattoos in the same vein as folks that leave their Christmas lights on until Easter.

Not something I would do, but it doesn't bother me.

Funny story:

Well, kinda.

A gal that I was dating almost two years ago ran out and got this big 'ole tiger inked on her upper arm. She asked me if i liked it.

I said "no."

Then she got angry.

White lies and happy relationships fit well together.
Yep, white lies are the non-alcoholic social lubricant.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:01 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,130,709 times
Dating is being judgmental based on what you find attractive or not... everyone is entitled to that.

Beyond what you find attractive or would consider dating material, treating people in an unequal manner or holding something as superficial as tattoos against them IS being judgmental and certainly a reflection of your own character.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:43 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,599,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Tattoos are gross and ugly on anyone. I see a person with tattoos and a lower class of people as one and the same.

I kinda feel the same way, but experience has taught me to just avert my eyes, keep my trap shut, and keep walking.
You may be heaped with opprobrium for declaring your view on here, so for the sake of my well being, I'd like to go on record as saying that tattoos are up to the individual, and not my concern.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:46 PM

52,338 posts, read 52,799,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Tattoos are gross and ugly on anyone. I see a person with tattoos and a lower class of people as one and the same.
Whew!! What a loaded statement. LOL.

Factually incorrect, btw, just sayin......

Old 09-23-2017, 05:06 PM

926 posts, read 674,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Same with piercings on both sexes anywhere other than the ear lobe. And men stretching the ear lobe is hideous. Why mutilate the body? Then they complain when others Just my opinion.
So, what do you think about nose piercings? Like with a little diamond stud? Have you ever seen this kind of piercing on a woman? What do you think about it?

Old 09-23-2017, 05:09 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,104,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
So, what do you think about nose piercings? Like with a little diamond stud? Have you ever seen this kind of piercing on a woman? What do you think about it?
Just chimin' in.....

I don't have an issue with that but the first time I saw one....

...I wanted to tell her that she had something on her nose.

Is that glitter?

Old 09-23-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
You don't judge people on chosen appearance??

Come on.
Dude, read my post above yours...

Old 09-23-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Just chimin' in.....

I don't have an issue with that but the first time I saw one....

...I wanted to tell her that she had something on her nose.

Is that glitter?

Ha!!!

I love my nose piercing... It's a cute little diamond stud that actually does 'glitter' and shine whenever I move my head around lol

Old 09-23-2017, 05:49 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,379,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Graffitti!!! That made me laugh, I feel the same way. A man gets tattoos to look tough, and a woman with a tattoo looks like she's mutilating herself. Same with piercings on both sexes anywhere other than the ear lobe. And men stretching the ear lobe is hideous. Why mutilate the body?
Well, for starters, it's only "mutilating" the body according to those with your particular brand of thought. The rest of us just see it as a form of art that we happen to like. If you don't like them you're free to look elsewhere. It's not that difficult.

Quote:
Then they complain when others refuse to look at them
Lol. What? Who is "they" here? That doesn't even make sense. What is this supposed to look like? Random stranger diverting their gaze at the sight of someone with tattoos? In what world does this happen? I've lived on the East Coast and West Coast, in many different cities, and never has anyone suggested they were so put off by the mere sight of tattoos. And most grown people don't feel the need to ask random strangers if they want to check out their body art. How is that supposed to play out? Ask the restaurant server or barista if she wants to check out my tree of life and Goddess tattoo? Just for fun?

Quote:
or take them seriously.
"Seriously" as in...servicemembers aren't taken seriously in their jobs, or the ER physician with a full sleeve isn't trusted to take care of patients, or parents don't trust tattooed educators to teach algebra and trig? Like, what does this even look like? Because someone has tattoos, you can't take them seriously, but in what context? Not knowing the location of the international date line or all fifty state capitals?

I guess one could retort that it's nearly impossible to take anyone seriously who makes baseless assumptions and assertions about anyone based solely on their appearance.

Just so you know, outside the realm of internet randos from bob knows where, I've never had anyone refuse to take me seriously, in any sense or context.

Quote:
Just my opinion.
Actually, the last sentence is more like an assertion with no basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships