Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2017, 10:03 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westegg View Post
I like that concept, "considerate vandalism!"

...and with a lusty disregard for convention authorities struggled to not classify as 'illegal,' koala strikes in the hidden corners of the town at night, discretely as possible...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 10:14 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Touched a nerve, did I?

Ever wonder why Hillary Clinton or any other prominent woman does not mutilate herself?
How could you possibly know whether prominent women politicians don't have any tattoos. Also consider their age, background and religious affliation. It wouldn't be unusual for a woman in her late 60s to not have tattoos, especially a woman from her background.

But your drivel presupposes this is a desired career path for most women, let alone tattooed women. The vast majority of women will never get into this level of politics. Your argument is baseless. Unless you've seen every prominent professional women unclothed, you couldn't possibly know what they have going on.

Quote:
Because even less people would take her seriously. Hillary Clinton does nothing without polls and focus groups. If she thought mutilating herself would get her into the White House, Clinton would look like Uma Therman in Pulp Fiction.
Yes, if she had a shoulder blade or ankle tattoo, people would really get bent about it.

Quote:
My opinion is definitely more popular than yours.
Based on what sample size and demographic? If this refers to folks of your brand of thought and region, sure, but in my circle, where I live, your ideology is most definitely not the majority.

Quote:
Not that it makes any difference to me, though, but I'm sure it'll hit another nerve with you. Good luck moving up in life while looking like a freak.
My countering your ignorance and verbal diarrhea is not "hitting a nerve." Trust. The "personal opinion" of an internet stranger doesn't make a blip on my care-o-meter. I move through life just fine. Thanks.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:28 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Congressional Tattoos: Which Members Are Inked? (PHOTOS) | HuffPost

Congressional tattoos.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-24-2017, 11:01 AM

1,020 posts, read 808,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol, I love to chew gum. And yet whenever I see someone chewing gum, especially the lazy open-mouthed cud-chewing style, it just looks so sloppy and trashy.
LOL, gum chewing was exactly the example I was going to use . I know intellectually that gum chewing does not equal "low class", but I was brought up to think it did & it's a hard one for me to overcome. To the point that when a dr recently recommended I chew gum recently, my immediate reaction was to be horrified LOL.

On another note, how do we know Hilary doesn't have a tattoo

Old 09-24-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If only I could take Teddy Roosevelt and Churchill seriously. Lol.

The part about a percentage of servicemembers not having ink doesn't surprise me. My father mentioned he considered getting a tattoo while in the Marine Corps, but never did, and doesn't approve of them now for religious reasons.

My ex-husband spent 12 years in the Corps and never got one. Not even the EGA. He didn't get his first until after he EAS'd and it was a quill pen inspired by his love for writing.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Men's tats I'm indifferent about. I just have (please forgive me) a preference for female skin being unexcessively marked up. An aesthetic opinion, mainly. Some tattoos look like works of art, others like unhealed gashes, smudges or unreadable scribbles. Getting a tattoo doesn't automatically make it a good idea if done without skill or without much forethought--it's presumably a lifetime committment, so it better be one heck of a good idea. Skin is such a specialized canvas!

True. There are some really ****ty tattoos. I've seen some serious blunders. The few I got when I was much younger are what one would expect of many youngsters. There are times I forget I even have them because they're in places where I can't see them and got them 15 or so years ago. But my large pieces and most visible work, I spent months planning and a lot of money on custom work by respected artists.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:46 AM

19,635 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
How could you possibly know whether prominent women politicians don't have any tattoos. Also consider their age, background and religious affliation. It wouldn't be unusual for a woman in her late 60s to not have tattoos, especially a woman from her background.
What background is that?

Old 09-24-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
What background is that?
Her generation, where she was raised and spent her formative years, religious upbringing, socio-economic status, etc. If we acknowledge generation, culture, region, and religious affiliation are factors that color one's perception of tattoos, it stands to reason that HRC's background is a factor in whether or not she has one. For all we know, she maybe have one the public just doesn't know about, if she were a "rebel" of her time.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:10 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
I'm 61, and I'm sorry, I find extensive tattoos on women more like graffiti than anything attractive.
I'm 47. I completely agree. But I also find them equally unattractive on men. I wonder where people's heads are these days that they can spend this much money on tattoos. Yet many of these people are broke, living payday to payday.

Unfortunately, our thoughts on the subject probably won't change a thing.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:22 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Then she got angry.

White lies and happy relationships fit well together.
I disagree. Honesty is essential if you want a good relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships