Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 06:25 PM

1,112 posts, read 884,760 times

Advertisements

Move on....I never do "volatile". What are waiting for?

Mae
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 06:34 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Giving a nan an ultimatum to choose between you and something else is not a good idea. You could lose.

Claim the exe's damn stuff! They're yours now and so is he. Claim him! Sure he still needs to forget her. So you make him forget her! And he will. If he hasn't forgotten her already. He got jealous of your ex remember.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:37 PM

39 posts, read 26,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
People leave things behind all of the time. I still have things left over from some of my exes. They're mine now. Heck, we have a cat that belonged to my husband's long ago ex. It's my cat now. She's happy I have it.

I think the OP is getting too worked up over something that shouldn't matter.
Except he wants to give it back to her, she texts him from time to time.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:38 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,190,026 times
Nah. You gotta know where you stand in this relationship. You gotta know if you're the number one. If you're not, then you know where the priorities are, and they're not with you.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:40 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,190,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trulyhapyy2017 View Post
Except he wants to give it back to her, she texts him from time to time.
If the roles where reversed, I wouldn't put up with this. You can drag your feet or set things straight early. Setting things straight early may lead to some alone time, but that's just the nature of the game.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:06 PM

42 posts, read 25,401 times
I would not have shown you were bothered by pans and done what the others said and make them your pans and show him you are threatened by his ex. It does not matter if you become exclusive or not when it comes to passionate and violate on and off relationship,s unless something happened that was a major deal breaker, such as he walked in on her with 5 men. If he is still talking about her negatively, he isn't over her. Is there complete indifference when he speaks of her?

He is going to let an ex he has a lot of history with that another woman wants her pans gone. I would not have gone there yet imo.

I hope not, but you opened a Pandora's Box. You just gave them a reason to start squabbling and talking, then come the emotions, then make up sex.

He may also start to envision all the other demands you may make in the future should you marry.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:12 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
I don't know that I would issue an ultimatum, but I do see the reason for concern. People leave stuff when they intend to come back. The old girlfriend plans to come back at some point. He hasn't thrown the stuff out, so he is leaving the door open for her return.

Personally, I am not well suited to playing second fiddle, so I would be sweetly suggesting that he figure out what it is that he wants. If he can't make up his mind, I am perfectly capable of making up my own mind and finding someone who holds me in high esteem and not as a convenient place holder until the important one comes back.

A little tact might have gotten OP further but I can understand how she might need to know her place in this relationship.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:14 PM

39 posts, read 26,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twirling1234 View Post
I would not have shown you were bothered by pans and done what the others said and make them your pans and show him you are threatened by his ex. It does not matter if you become exclusive or not when it comes to passionate and violate on and off relationship,s unless something happened that was a major deal breaker, such as he walked in on her with 5 men. If he is still talking about her negatively, he isn't over her. Is there complete indifference when he speaks of her?

He is going to let an ex he has a lot of history with that another woman wants her pans gone. I would not have gone there yet imo.

I hope not, but you opened a Pandora's Box. You just gave them a reason to start squabbling and talking, then come the emotions, then make up sex.

He may also start to envision all the other demands you may make in the future should you marry.
Its not just pots and pans, its other stuff as well, idk exactly, but apparently sentimental stuff. There is indifference when he speaks about her.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:17 PM

268 posts, read 282,648 times
Quote:
He has told me, he feels bad getting rid of the stuff, that its valuable to her. If something is that valuable she would have already taken it all...He said he would get rid of it by my deadline, I hope so.
Why does he feel bad about some pots and pans? Sounds like he still has an emotional attachment to her. If I were dating someone new and my exes pots and pans bothered him.....where do you think those pots and pans would be(in the trash). If hes not willing to let her go then maybe you need to move on or just continue to put up with it. The choice is yours.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:31 PM

42 posts, read 25,401 times
Quote:
Its not just pots and pans, its other stuff as well, idk exactly, but apparently sentimental stuff. There is indifference when he speaks about her.
I am rooting for you. I cringe because it has to be hard being in your position. The less he contacts her the better. If she wants them and has not picked them up yet, then I agree she believes at one point or another she is coming back.

Are they expensive pans? I wouldn't leave anything nice if I was completely over a relationship.

One more thought, this issue may let you know more about what is going on between them. It will be better to know now than in a year. Another take away is jealousy does not necessarily mean love especially this soon. He may be projecting jealousy because of the way he and the ex still communicate.

Watch your back, but do not be too obvious, because he will start hiding his actions and covering his tracks if there is more to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships