Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 01:31 PM

437 posts, read 336,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Now THIS ^^^ is sexist.
No its not. Its factual, based on my experience.

I deal in facts.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:31 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I've never heard any of my friends say i met a great girl good looking fun but she has b cups I can't date her
That's nice.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:33 PM

287 posts, read 363,522 times
Mod cut. Quoted post deleted.

I'm irked that people don't see the double standard in my breast size and height comparison. Why is one OK and one not? Personally, I subscribe to the Groucho Marx saying, "I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member." If you are shallow enough to think I'm not good enough for you because I'm 5' 7", I wouldn't want to be involved with you anyway.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-28-2017 at 02:46 PM..

Old 09-28-2017, 01:35 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Read View Post
I agree, but a guy that says he's looking for big boobs would be criticized and probably have his post taken down. My point is not that people have preferences, its that women can state height as a deal-killer and that's OK, and if a guy says he prefers big boobs, that's not. I just want to know how that's justified. It's the same type of thing. Personally, I think any person who puts physical attributes standards in a post to be shallow.
People have personal preferences, whether they're justified or not only matters to them.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:36 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
[snip] I'm irked that people don't see the double standard in my breast size and height comparison. Why is one OK and one not? Personally, I subscribe to the Groucho Marx saying, "I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member." If you are shallow enough to think I'm not good enough for you because I'm 5' 7", I wouldn't want to be involved with you anyway.
Personally, I like bigger boobs (even though I have small ones), so if a guy wanted to write "Big boobs only!" in his profile, I'd understand.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-28-2017 at 02:49 PM..

Old 09-28-2017, 01:38 PM

914 posts, read 766,191 times
Op...I hope this doesn't come across as "rude"

The fact is, you're not married to these women. You shouldn't be annoyed by the preferences of women you are not married to or dating. My question is simply, why is it bothering you?

Old 09-28-2017, 01:48 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
Op...I hope this doesn't come across as "rude"

The fact is, you're not married to these women. You shouldn't be annoyed by the preferences of women you are not married to or dating. My question is simply, why is it bothering you?
I believe, the OP is a guy. Guys are sensitive to height requirements in the dating world, much like women are sensitive to their weight.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:51 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

But back to topic, I don't understand this fragility about being told, "No, thank you" in response to a date request, or when being turned down for asking for a number. Why hang one's entire self-esteem on a momentary encounter? Or 10 passing encounters?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-28-2017 at 02:50 PM..

Old 09-28-2017, 01:55 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I searched and didn't see anything that addressed this.

To clarify, this is something that annoys me and I wonder why people aren't called out on this. I'm married so this doesn't effect me, but it irks me anyway and I'm curious to know how people rationalize this.

I see single women often say that they are looking for a guy and list certain requirements. Typically it will be things like employed, not married, disease/drug-free, specific religions, in shape, etc. All of these make sense. But often I'll see something like "must be over 6 feet tall."

How do people justify this? If a guy put "must have at least a D cup" or some other physical attribute standard, people would be screaming how sexist it was. This is no different. If I was dating and ever saw someone put that in a post, I would't respond even if I met their height requirement. It shows shallowness and an inability to see past the physical. I suppose you like what you like, but how is it appropriate to put it in a personal ad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut;
I believe, the OP is a guy and not a woman as claimed.
Not sure who claimed, but it seemed clear from the original post that the OP is male....?

"Some guys" are sensitive about height requirements in the dating world. A lot of guys are unfazed. I guess OLD really brings it to the fore, though, because of the nature of it. The focus on photos is challenging for some men and women, too. Good points in favor of IRL dating, or at least--a mixed strategy. OLD can really give rise to a warped perspective on the world.

Kinda like internet forums, heh.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:10 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
It's really not all that bad until you find a bunch of women who all have that same requirement and you match with them in a lot of other ways. Or, you hear the depressing "I'd date you if you were taller." That's the real kick in the balls and it starts getting frustrating.

I've had that experience a couple times. It hurts and you can't do anything to change it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships