Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 07:10 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,458,844 times

Advertisements

I don't get what the fuss is about. Everyone has different variables of some sort they would prefer / want in another person as a partner. Some are overly specific and unrealistic. Personally, I would think everyone with a vested interest in finding a suitable mate / partner would find knowing this kind of information up front to be beneficial rather than wasting their time *hoping* for some other variable to make them of interest.

It's analogous to anyone with certain qualifiers narrowing their potential pool. I'd rather know someone doesn't like guys who are bald than not. It let's me know for whatever reason they find a bald headed man scary / turn off. I move on and don't expend wasted energy.

So for height it's the same thing why the angst? Move on and get on and about with your life and stop worrying about how someone may perceive your OLD profile and try meeting people in real life to notice / see other traits.

I like kinesthetic beauty which is a combination of things that includes small to large in size but is scaled to the individuals frame (displacement) and comportment. It can be a thin woman with negligible breast to taller thicker women with higher BMI if they are fit for their frame and move well. The individual 'parts' don't rank high but the holistic overall fitness for their typology does in my preference.

Attractiveness to men is primarily a reproductive fitness assessment.
Attractiveness to women is a combination of a few things (status, physical, income, other values their sphere of friends finds of importance, etc...) at various levels of priority based on the individual woman.

As for a "certain" height and 'dating', I've dated women from 4'10 to about my height - I'm 6'2. When I used OLD for a few years about 10 years ago I didn't use height as qualifier, although outliers have never been attractive to me (shorter than 4'8 or taller than 6'6. People who are overly fixated on height with no range likely have some sort of issue, so I'd rather know that than not.

For example I might be in their narrow 'height' range but whenever I saw a laundry list of narrow parameters I knew to avoid as that sort of person has IMO a poor concept of what to find in partner / mate and sounds more like they are buying an item than finding a life mate.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:20 PM

437 posts, read 336,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
People can't help what they like. I mean on certain issues people are just wired a certain way. If a woman likes taller guys that's what she likes.

Life isn't fair and that's just how the big wide world is.

For every woman that likes taller guys there are plenty that aren't as strict about it.

No ones should have to conform in what they like because it might offend someone.

Yes pretty much agree I was mainly giving my perspective, on the term shallow, which gets Thrown around too loosley at times.

Same with racist, sexist, for that matter.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

You mean like things women can't control, like being "young and hot"?

I thought that was just a man's "natural tendency."
Yes men can be just as shallow as women, if not more. But in different ways.

Myself included.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
They wouldn't be holding it against them. They just wouldn't be interested in dating them. No one is obligated to date anyone for any reason.

Average-looking or unfortunate-looking individuals also have no control over their looks, apart from cosmetic surgery. Are you holding it against a woman you're not interested in pursuing because you deem she's a "four"? It's a lot like that.

If a guy wasn't interested in me because I wasn't a size 6, oh well, there are others out there that are a better fit.
See my post two posts above.

But I don't agree to a point on your second point.

Diet, getting a good amount of sun, can improve beauty.

Diet can improve skin, hair. Fitness. Lots of girls would look much better if they lost 20+ pounds and better for their health.

But my main point was defining being shallow, rather than to justify it.

Last edited by Hayden87; 09-28-2017 at 07:34 PM..

Old 09-28-2017, 07:34 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden87 View Post
See my post two posts above.

But I don't agree to a point on your second point.

Diet, getting a good amount of sun, can improve beauty.

Diet can improve skin, hair. Fitness. Lots of girls would look much better if they lost 20 pounds and better for their health.

But my main point was defining being shallow, rather than to justify it.
Diet can't fix everything. It doesn't fix bone structure and various features. I'm not talking about acne, and some people can do just about everything to fix these easier to fix cosmetic issues and still struggle with acne scars and such.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:35 PM

276 posts, read 178,814 times
They can have 6'* and ill have no kids and no fat chicks

Old 09-28-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Diet can't fix everything. It doesn't fix bone structure and various features. I'm not talking about acne, and some people can do just about everything to fix these easier to fix cosmetic issues and still struggle with acne scars and such.
Agree with that.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:40 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Yes pretty much agree I was mainly giving my perspective, on the term shallow, which gets Thrown around too loosley at times.

Same with racist, sexist, for that matter.
Not really; racist and sexist stuff is very easy to identify and not justifiable.

Being shallow is also easy to define, but it doesn't have to be justified.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_wuz_here View Post
They can have 6'* and ill have no kids and no fat chicks
fat is out these days homes......now its big boned or obese.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
fat is out these days homes......now its big boned or obese.
She'e a "curvy goddess."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships