Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 12:04 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
You go ahead and date women under 130 pounds only with no kids. It won't bother me. If that's what you find attractive, then go for it. For me, a guy has to be taller or I'm not attracted. I'm not being sexist or heightist. I tried dating shorter men a few times and it wasn't right for me. Some other women feel differently, though.

You're trying to make it into a case of fair versus unfair, but that's not how attraction works.
I'm around 5'7, and have generally never had issues getting dates. Most of the time, the woman is either shorter, or close to my height.

I feel like as long as you are taller (regardless of actual height), then in most cases, you're fine.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:23 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,256,251 times
I'm a little over 5'6", and while I do prefer men who are taller than me, I'd never consider it to be a deal-breaker.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:30 AM

3,145 posts, read 2,658,400 times
I know this guy who is only 5 foot tall but he got himself a very goood looking wife. He's an inspiration.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:41 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,573 times
Well yeah it's a double standard that we can't really say out loud physical features we prefer otherwise the panty brigade loses their minds about sexism. And then women can specify height.

But whatever. We do most of the approaching anyways, especially in OLD. Women have preferences, so do we. Just don't reach out to girls that don't fit yours.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:03 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,642,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Read View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I searched and didn't see anything that addressed this.

To clarify, this is something that annoys me and I wonder why people aren't called out on this. I'm married so this doesn't effect me, but it irks me anyway and I'm curious to know how people rationalize this.

I see single women often say that they are looking for a guy and list certain requirements. Typically it will be things like employed, not married, disease/drug-free, specific religions, in shape, etc. All of these make sense. But often I'll see something like "must be over 6 feet tall."

How do people justify this? If a guy put "must have at least a D cup" or some other physical attribute standard, people would be screaming how sexist it was. This is no different. If I was dating and ever saw someone put that in a post, I would't respond even if I met their height requirement. It shows shallowness and an inability to see past the physical. I suppose you like what you like, but how is it appropriate to put it in a personal ad?

Moderator note: Folks, we will try once more to allow a height-related thread to post. This thread has been cleaned up and immature and off-topic posts have been deleted. Remember - NO BASHING! Please try to have a mature discussion, or the thread will be permanently locked.
A lot of times I see posts by guys who claim they are too short for dating (e.g. 5'6"). They claim it is unfair and make it seem like they would dominate the dating scene if they were 6' or taller.

As a guy who is over 6' and athletic with a build of a college outside linebacker, my size has often scared women. It makes me feel like they prefer a guy who is small and does not seem physically threatening.

When I was in college I recalled many times where women were obviously very afraid of my bigger, athletic size. Once I was simply studying biochemistry at the library until it closed about midnight. I went back to the parking lot structure and this female saw me. She was probably an 18 year old freshman. I was a graduate student. She saw my size and just took off in fear. I'll never forget the raw paranoia - like I was just a monster. Ironically, I was the bodyguard for my sister since she is only about 5'1" and petite. Go figure.

So size just scares a lot of women. Many big guys out there have lame experiences like that.

To be fair, I did date a petite blonde woman who clearly liked my much bigger, athletic size as a boyfriend. But not all women are like that. Many are just plain afraid of big athletic guys - very afraid. The football player, Brian Bosworth, joked about it in his book. He said he often felt like people assumed he was just going to go to some Christian family, punch out the father, and then hulk it step up to some cave with his teenage daughter slung over his shoulder. He joked about it in that way because he knows the athleticism and elite football ability sometimes just frightens people - especially women alone on a sidewalk at night.

So being short and small can be an advantage with many women because a lot of them are just plain afraid of big athletic men.

Old 09-29-2017, 05:47 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
OK, if that's the case ...

OP, people have all kinds of physical preferences. A height requirement for men is NOT really any different from a guy saying he likes big boobs. Neither one is sexist. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Every once in a while, as people have offered here, you meet someone who makes you reconsider your physical preference. Nothing you can do about it.
You're right, it's not different. Nor is either sexist. BUT if a guy said he only wants C cups or bigger on his dating profile, he'd be screen shotted and internet shamed. Funny what is actually sexist vs what Mod cut. make sexist today.

To be honest though, I really do only like to date women with big boobs héh.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-29-2017 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:40 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,232 times
Unless a person is willing to date every single individual that likes them, we need to get over this. People have preferences and in many cases they are very picky and particular. Such is life. Just because those people don't like you, doesn't mean there are others who don't. I'm chubby, bald, black not six feet tall and wear glasses. And I seen profiles online that said won't date black guys, won't date bald guys, must be six feet and taller, must be athletic and I seen quite a bit of these. And I just ignored them and emailed women that didn't have those things in their profile, that interested me. I also know that I have preferences on what I'm looking for as well, so how can I be upset with another person just because I don't fit what they are looking for? We spend way too much time concerning ourselves with people we don't even know not liking us. Now if you come and say your mom won't feed you anymore cause you're short, then maybe I would be more understanding.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:54 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
You're right, it's not different. Nor is either sexist. BUT if a guy said he only wants C cups or bigger on his dating profile, he'd be screen shotted and internet shamed. Funny what is actually sexist vs what [snip] make sexist today.

To be honest though, I really do only like to date women with big boobs héh.
Ha...that was kind of funny, but to prove your theory let's see how many women here get all upset that you said you like big boobs. I know it doesn't bother me, I don't take anyone seriously who uses the word [snip] anyway

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-29-2017 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: Orphaned (reference to term which has been deleted in quoted post).

Old 09-29-2017, 08:10 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
Well yeah it's a double standard that we can't really say out loud physical features we prefer otherwise the panty brigade loses their minds about sexism. And then women can specify height.

But whatever. We do most of the approaching anyways, especially in OLD. Women have preferences, so do we. Just don't reach out to girls that don't fit yours.
Have you not read the thread? Ain't no woman here said anything about getting up in arms about dudes' preferences. You prefer DDs, DDDs, fine. Soft, refined features, cool. Doe eyes, blue eyes, natural blonde hair, great. A certain butt shape, as opposed to flat, awesome. Fancy yourself a petite lady, fantastic.
It's not really a big deal just because I don't possess specific traits others may like, traits I can't control.

Some of y'all act like you get beat down for stating you like this or that and "that's just how it is," but then get cozy with your sad feelings because some women have their own preferences that exclude some men.

Get over it already.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:23 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
I don't have a height requirement, or even a height preference.

Seriously, my Game of Thrones crush will always be Tyrion, and I messaged a man on OKC back when I was there, who was probably about 4 feet tall or therabouts. He was an amazing artist, and I really wish he'd responded, even if for some reason we could not have dated I'd have loved to have met him and been friends with him 'cause he looked really talented and interesting.

I know some women are into tall dudes but it's never mattered to me.

There are other physical traits where I can say it doesn't matter until it hits some sort of an extreme, like weight...I'm fine with some belly, don't need a guy to be in the best of shape, but I honestly wouldn't go for a man who is so heavy he's got mobility problems, there is a limit there somewhere. But height? I've never met a man who was too short for me, or too tall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships