Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 03:11 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times

Advertisements

Im sure its much easier to ENTER a relationship if youre good looking because theres tons of peple who want to be with you..Maybe harder stayign in it because u conatantly get attention form the opposite sex which can entice you and/or annoy your s/o etc

SO if your just talking about ENTERING relationship good looking people have it much easier..Theryes so many people to choose from..

For somebody like myself whos wallowing in mediocrity looks wise i rarely get the chance to enter one..Its like christmas for me when a girl is actually interested which isnt very often..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 08:12 PM

3 posts, read 6,691 times
its funny- when i was younger i would have never considered myself shallow. having 3 gorgeous naturally platinum blonde sisters, i was always the quirky, friendly, freckled, less blonde one in the family. we moved a lot growing up, and while my sisters would get admired instantly wherever we went, i made friends by putting myself across as a superfriendly fun girl. we moved to texas when i was 17, and i finally blossomed. when i noticed the attention i got from guys who wouldnt of looked at me twice before, i took advantage. i bleached my hair, constantly applied dark eye makeup and went tanning regularly. without sounding cocky and disgusting, i was barbie, and i loved it.
my standards raised. i hated when less aesthetically pleasing boys would talk to me, and when more attractive people did, i realised that no matter how i acted, they would still like me. well, they would still want to **** me anyway. i stopped trying to be friendly, and it was so easy. whatever. it turns out that when people first like you for your looks, and you dont put across a nice personality, they will only like you for your looks, and not care about you in the long run. rocket science, right?
i went through some awful relationships simply because he had ice blue eyes,or great hair, but totally missed out on the fun, lovey stuff. whatever, we would of had beautiful, tan kids. ugh.
now i cant stop thinking about this guy. not only ridiculously witty and hysterical, he liked me when i wasnt wearing makeup or being stupid and silly or making gross faces. but i was too much of a shallow ***** accept him as more than a friend. whatever. he has a girlfriend now, and theyre sickenly happy. shes ugly, but they have a fun, stable relationship.
this post is awful and long, and if you read it thank you. the point is that being attractive for me made it too easy. i became a lazy, selfish person and made me reject funny, smart, genuinely nice guys who i would have been lucky to be with.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:20 PM

btw i understand that there are beautiful and nice people out there, and i am simply an egotist. its different for everyone. i know gorgeous/intimidating people who are lovely at heart. put yourself out there, and dont let fake ******* like me ruin your opinion.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:37 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Yes.
I am speaking from experience because I am oh so hot.
LOL
Just kidding.

I've had long term relationships...but were a waste of time. I don't think looks have anything to do with it. It was more of a character issue....on their part. Not that I didn't have my share of mistakes but yeah.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:33 PM

aaah im sorry, rereading that it sounded really bad. i didnt mean that im gorgeous; i am probably the most self aware person ever. i meant that people look for the wrong things in relationships. being attractive makes expectations low, and bases the relationship on vanity.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,014 times
Why does she keep admiring me, but when I approach her she telle ms she has a boyfriend?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:25 AM

7 posts, read 18,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Do attractive men and women have difficult times getting into relationships? (gay, bi or straight?)

Once in the relationship do you have difficulties that cause you to want to end it?

Bottum line: I was thinking that "the beautiful people" have better relationships and easier chances of getting into them...

I am part of "the beautiful people" crowd and I've yet to have a long-term relationships....I'm not one to start relationships and jump around to different ones...I've just never had the chance to prove myself......or when guys are interested in me they start to set really high ridiculous standards that involve hardly any reciprocation value...soo..well u get the point...
okay so i'm a good looking lady myself and i've found the person i'm spending the rest of my life with. your just looking and dating the wrong "type" of person. you'll soon find that there are MANY different types, and soon enough within 10 minutes of meeting a person you'll be able to identify what they are looking for. but i'm talking about actually meeting a person like at your college. you can't just be at a bar sipping martini's with your friends and expect "mr/mrs right" to show up. chances are the person your looking for isn't one of those party people, not if your looking for a serious relationship anyway. best of luck!

Old 07-08-2010, 01:36 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
The thing is, a lot of people think that in relationships, looks matter the most. They don't really. It is a lot easier to get into a relationship than many people think.

Here's the reality, if looks matter to you, then looks do matter. If you want a hot looking mate, you'll have better chances at getting one if you get yourself looking the best that you can.

I'd say that looks matter more in getting a job than they do in getting a date.

If you are ugly, you better try to start an online business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships