Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 02:22 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Meh. Lots of beautiful cashiers and secretaries out there that would make far better partners than most lucrative women I know.
Ah, so you DO have a thing for cashiers and secretaries! Well, then, don't complain about the risks of getting involved with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
It doesn't matter who makes what. She could make twice what you do and still be looking to take advantage of what you have. Trust me I've seen it happen.
And so could any guy who gets involved with her be looking to take advantage of what she has. I've seen that happen, too.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
This thread is funny..basically calling men who don't make a good amount of money losers underachievers etc lol

Stay classy.
Did you overlook the part of the thread that's calling women gold-diggers?

Old 12-16-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I don't know. Is a woman expecting the man to pay for the $6 worth of Burger King on a date still considered a gold-digger?
On CD-R, they call those women "dinner whores".

Old 12-16-2017, 02:50 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,001,526 times
Gold-diggers are easy to spot and avoid.

I understand why some guys are fearful, but GD's are usually pretty overt in letting you know what they value most. If you aren't buying them Gucci, taking them on quick trips to Paris and buying expensive dinners within the first couple of months, they won't be happy.

Old 12-16-2017, 03:27 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ah, so you DO have a thing for cashiers and secretaries! Well, then, don't complain about the risks of getting involved with them.
Dating a secretary is a risk? What about an editorial assistant? A paralegal? Because they are not at highest level they are bad people? That means I would have been dateless quite a while. I was always frugal and practical with money so I had assets even if I did not make much money. I resent that someone would ever think suspiciously of me because of my job. That is pretty nasty.

I have met men with minimal assets who thought everyone wanted to take them for their two bedroom house and Toyota Corolla. I never thought anyone I dated was after my "stuff".

Old 12-16-2017, 03:28 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,791,370 times
Quote:
My very first post in this thread makes it clear I would have nothing to complain about, and I certainly don't assess people's dating eligibility based on where they're employed.

Quote:
And so could any guy who gets involved with her be looking to take advantage of what she has. I've seen that happen, too.
Sure. I haven't seen anyone here suggest otherwise.

Old 12-16-2017, 03:43 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
My relationships weren't based on haves and have nots. Plenty of times I pulled more then my fair share...And vice versa. I figure ..Together we are a team. Apart we are just floundering. I dated a millionaire (sold his software company) and not a dime would I ask or take from him. He actually wanted to share his wealth. I just wasn't cut out for that lifestyle...Also dated a guy who was unemployed. Saw him make good on his helping out... So it never came off that he or I owed one another...
Now I have worked with gals who married for money. Works for them as they are trophy wives ..And enjoy the social goodies.
None of them are equiped to make it by themselves...

Old 12-16-2017, 03:55 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Why does it seem like it's always the broke guys who worry about gold diggers? LMAO!
It is rather ironic. Gold Diggers don't pursue men who don't have money, and therefore, it's not something they need to worry about.

Let the rich guys worry about this.

Old 12-16-2017, 03:58 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,805 times
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that most men who have never been on a date who are in their 30's tend to either live at home or with roomates and have a lower than average income for where they live. Pretty hard for women to want to pay the majority of the time for low wage earners. It's okay when you are just out of high school or just graduated college or trades not to have money. It gets stale staying at home watching Netflix and having take out all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships