Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 10:30 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
I think what it guarantees though, is that you will never be #1 in her life. Of course, if the kids are grown up some and independent, then it doesnt matter as much.
I’ve never understood this unless it’s from a man or woman who NEVER wants kids.

If you marry someone with no kids, by this rationale, once you two HAVE kids, you’ll never come first. Which is rather sad.

In a healthy marriage, spouses should put one another first. Regardless of kids or no kids.

Doesn’t mean you do not love your kids and take care of them.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:35 AM

5 posts, read 3,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
No one was talking about a 20 year difference. The statement was "woman in her 20's with a man in his 40's. That could mean a 28 year old with a guy that just hit 40.

I'm not sure who originally became obsessed with that particular stratum in this thread. Probably someone that's butthurt most likely.

In their honor, I will ask out a 21 year old tonight.

I've had women themselves tell me they prefer older men for a number of reasons. Money can only be one of them... sometimes it isn't money at all, and it is other things.

One of my best friends is old and fat, not even that well off financially... but has a pretty charming personality and wines and dines women, takes them on trips, etc. He was with someone that was like 16 years younger than him for a while.

Ya know with the increasing numbers of younger guys going MGTOW, just going on Tinder and just looking for hookups, expecting plenty while not offering much..it's not like the current crop of up and coming guys are all that hard to compete with.
Those younger and up and coming men are still going to get preference over old washed up men. Those guys tend to get used for their money by leeching younger girls who just want to live off of someone and eventually get bored. I have a cousin who used to brag about using men like this. Men really need think twice about dating women with less money.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:38 AM

102,224 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisis60 View Post
I don't know why women get so bitter about men who don't want to deal with single moms. Society acts like all women have to be accepted no matter how much baggage they bring or how sloppy their bodies are.
IDK what "society" you live in, that "acts like all women have to be accepted ...". But have you noticed how many guys believe guys are entitled to women, no matter the guys' baggage? Not just entitled to women, but entitled to babes? Ever noticed how many guys rage at random women, just because the women declined the stranger's request for their number? Ever noticed any of that?

Old 01-01-2018, 10:50 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,392,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
IDK what "society" you live in, that "acts like all women have to be accepted ...". But have you noticed how many guys believe guys are entitled to women, no matter the guys' baggage? Not just entitled to women, but entitled to babes? Ever noticed how many guys rage at random women, just because the women declined the stranger's request for their number? Ever noticed any of that?
I've seen men lash out and get angry when they were rejected. I think women can do it too, but as a woman I've noticed mainly men doing it. For me, rejecting a man's advances was difficult as I was worried he'd lash out if I turned him down. That is why so many women give out fake phone numbers. It's easier to do that than tell the man she's not interested.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
The butthurt reactions always happen when men voice their preferences for standards that not all women can reach. That's why america has this national media campaign complaining about the standard of beauty. Western societies have this idea that all girls regardless of quality should feel good enough for every guy, and that every guy needs to prove himself. And that ends up leading to men being white knights with low self esteem who end up 40+ years old and still think they're obligated to financially support grown women.
If you're referring to SAHMs, SAHMs provide support in marriages too. Doing housework, childcare all of that translates into economic benefit because you'd have to pay someone to do that if the SAHM died. A full time nanny costs around 40K a year.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Mod cut. Anyone who watches TV or read articles on liberal websites (I'm not a republican) has surely noticed this pathetic campaign that calls anything "shaming" or "misogynistic" if a man voices his preferences for some standard that not all females can reach. I just read the first two pages on this topic and the defensiveness is hilarious. A lot of them are clearly bitter about men who don't want to inherit baggage.

And never in my life have I seen a man "rage" at female for not giving up her number. The vast majority of females that I've seen bring this up tend to be very unattractive, and I doubt that they actually get asked out.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-02-2018 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: Personal attack.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
If you're referring to SAHMs, SAHMs provide support in marriages too. Doing housework, childcare all of that translates into economic benefit because you'd have to pay someone to do that if the SAHM died. A full time nanny costs around 40K a year.
First off, no one should be SAHM. And where do females get this idea that "housework" is an expensive benefit? Most people naturally keep their houses clean and it doesn't cost anywhere near $40k a year to raise a kid. It just seems like a weak justification for females who leech off of their partners while sitting around watching reality tv all day.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:01 AM

102,224 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Are you playing dumb or are you really like this? Anyone who watches TV or read articles on liberal websites (I'm not a republican) has surely noticed this pathetic campaign that calls anything "shaming" or "misogynistic" if a man voices his preferences for some standard that not all females can reach. I just read the first two pages on this topic and the defensiveness is hilarious. A lot of them are clearly bitter about men who don't want to inherit baggage.

And never in my life have I seen a man "rage" at female for not giving up her number. The vast majority of females that I've seen bring this up tend to be very unattractive, and I doubt that they actually get asked out.
There is no such thing in the news sources I read. And the women on this forum who bring up the rage reaction from men at being "rejected", are attractive. Who asks plain, average random women for a number? It doesn't happen, generally.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
First off, no one should be SAHM. And where do females get this idea that "housework" is an expensive benefit? Most people naturally keep their houses clean and it doesn't cost anywhere near $40k a year to raise a kid. It just seems like a weak justification for females who leech off of their partners while sitting around watching reality tv all day.

You aren't a parent. Houses get a LOT more messy with 4, 5 or 6 people in them so yes, it's not going to be naturally kept clean, as you put it. Especially with small children and toddlers. It's not like living alone and just cleaning up after yourself.

You have no idea what day care costs because you never had to write a check for it. Your comment that "no one should be a SAHM" is a sweeping generalization. Some people need to, some have to, and some can well afford it.

Do you really think childcare is free? Wow. Do you also think daycare workers should work for free, because according to you, it's not real work?

Full time daycare for two kids is around $1500 to $1800 a month (where I live). After school care for school-aged children is cheaper but still costs money. Nannies run around 40K a year to pay their salary, if they live in there are other expenses as well. If you don't believe me, just contact some agencies that employ nannies and ask them what it will cost. You might be shocked.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:08 AM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Please stay on topic, or the thread will be closed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships