Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 07:48 AM

641 posts, read 405,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yes, and MOST of those men will be horrible matches for her. Not horrible men in general. They might be perfect...for a woman their mother's age. Or perfect for a woman who wants to be a one-and-done. Or perfect to fill a "will you be my wife so I don't have to watch my own kids every other weekend?" slot. Or perfect for "would you like to be a third? 'Cause I've always had like, this little fantasy..." Or perfect for a guy who's totally studious and quiet while she loves to grab life by the horns and go, go, go. Etc...

Because it takes time and effort for a woman to meet the right man.

Just as it takes time and effort for a man to meet the right woman.

You are the one who brought up the "well below average" (your literal exact words) thing.

Let me ask you something. Would you consider a female smoker your aunt's age looking to deck you and then wander off a "suitor"? If so, those are available to you. Go to a dive bar near closing time. Volia! Suitors. So you can never again say you have "no" suitors, if we're including "totally inappropriate dating material for you/me/whomever" in the equation. It's got to work both ways or not at all.

No, most women do NOT have one or two "suitors," desirable or not, "sniffing around" at any time. I am attractive woman and I didn't constantly have "one or two suitors" around me at any given time when I was single...unless I put myself out there. Who did have "one or two suitors" at any given time? That ONE super-hot girl out of 20. Yeah. That girl. We all know her. The other 19 of us? Not so much.

Most very hot women (a minority) will have one or two "suitors" sniffing around at any time. Not most women...not even most rather pretty, accomplished women. Period. Not by just sitting there and doing nothing.

You are just not listening. (Or...not "just" you...I'm not trying to make this be about you in particular, this is something I see repeatedly from many dudes on here. But you get the idea.) Because you literally overlook the less-hot women like they don't even exist, relegating every single one to way way way below desirable status (for many inflated reasons), you actually, literally do not realize these women exist. They are THAT invisible to you...and that is really what should tell you something.
Social media has increased suitors for women though. There's all kinds of orbitors and dozens of likes for every pic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 08:12 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,374,503 times
I've missed having you around, JerZ. Welcome back!

Old 01-20-2018, 10:46 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
Social media has increased suitors for women though. There's all kinds of orbitors and dozens of likes for every pic.
Yet there are still the same amount of women compared to men, roughly. So if every woman has dozens or male adorers, that means each man is taking an overwhelming amount of time out of his day to orbit many, many women on social media.

You guys could always stop doing that and just concentrate on one or maybe two women you legitimately like, or something crazy like that. Just a thought.

FTR, with the exception of the superstars, who now as always are the minority, you will notice that MOST of the dozens of Likes the AVERAGE woman gets for selfies are from...other women. Friends, bolstering them.

Now if this is going to be the old inflated ego and focusing on ONLY the most absolutely amazing men because of this argument, again 50% of men are married; adding in dating unmarrieds, that is easily 75%. So AVERAGE guys are getting dates, and wives. Hmm. Mysterious.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Hi sweetie! I can't seem to thank you as a rep on this Kindle, I hate this thing!

Old 01-20-2018, 11:10 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,880,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
Precisely! Never before in Western civilization were women getting 100 messages per day on dating sites, and 100+ likes on social media with books and faces, all in a single day. After all, getting attention is a form of power. And power corrupts.

Quote:
Yet there are still the same amount of women compared to men, roughly. So if every woman has dozens or male adorers, that means each man is taking an overwhelming amount of time out of his day to orbit many, many women on social media.
Not impossible. Those men are engaging in misguided supplicating behavior. They're thinking: if they give attention to a specific woman, then maybe, just maybe, she'll show romantic interest in them. All while not realizing that she's getting the same attention from hundreds of other equally supplicating men.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Precisely! Never before in Western civilization were women getting 100 messages per day on dating sites, and 100+ likes on social media with books and faces, all in a single day.
Never today, either! Except for an extreme comparative minority. You need to read that silly POF study again to see how few women were actually bombarded and how the time for that was limited and focused on newbs anyway.

And yet again:

So? MOST women are hooking up. The numbers prove it over and over. (So does just looking around you...) With very...very...very average men. Otherwise it would not be "most" women, as harems are not the custom in most of the western world.

Social media "bombardment" or not, women go for AVERAGE men, overwhelmingly. So even if this fantasy, focused as always on the super hotties as if the giant majority of average women simply didn't exist (hmmm), were real - that MOST women get "hundreds" of social media approaches per day - it still obviously is not affecting the *average* not amazingly hot, not rich, not super charismatic man's chances.

So it must be something else...but of course we all know it couldn't possibly be an odd, mysogynistic, accusatory, socially just really, really weird "get me away from this guy"-inducing attitude...and no way is it a hyper focus on only the most physically hot woman even though the guy has no parallel to offer, so....maybe it's aliens.

Last edited by JerZ; 01-20-2018 at 11:45 AM..

Old 01-20-2018, 11:33 AM

Ll
Quote:

Not impossible. Those men are engaging in misguided supplicating behavior. They're thinking: if they give attention to a specific woman, then maybe, just maybe, she'll show romantic interest in them. All while not realizing that she's getting the same attention from hundreds of other equally supplicating men.
LOL! I NEVER see this. Literally never, from my grownup friends, early 20somethings and upward or toward them - not even the most amazingly beautiful. I live in Los Angeles, remember. Oh, I see it for ACTUAL stars. Media stars. Again, on the part of...well, kids, basically. But stars are irrelevant as you make the claim regarding typical women. Or...girls, I guess.

Are you reading teens' Facebook posts or something? Because nobody over the age of 19 or so does this (the total slavish fawning over hotties) and that's a severely maturity-stunted 19-year-old. You can't tell me actual adult mentally healthy men are adding to hundreds of clicks on Facebook for the pretty girls daily with outright devotion No way. THE KIDS do this (for some girls). We all know this. Be real.

So how can that result in competition for you? You worry about some high school junior having a lot of choices of other juniors?

I really worry sometimes around here.

Last edited by JerZ; 01-20-2018 at 11:51 AM..

Old 01-20-2018, 11:50 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,880,993 times
Quote:
Never today, either! Except for an extreme comparative minority. You need to read that silly POF study again to see how few women were actually bombarded and how the time for that was limited and focused on newbs anyway.
POF is a highly Blue Pill site, its mission statement and all. (OKCupid is sightly better in that regard.) I'd take its findings on dating/LTRs with a grain of salt. It's like learning about the Democratic National Convention from Fox News.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 01-20-2018 at 12:05 PM..

Old 01-20-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
POF is a highly Blue Pill site, its mission statement and all. (OKCupid is sightly better in that regard.) It'd take its findings on dating/LTRs with a grain of salt. It's like learning about the Democratic National Convention from Fox News.
So then you're LITERALLY basing this on nothing concrete.

Just nothing.

Got it! Well, keep on keepin' on.

P.s. I can't even imagine why you're not pulling the 19-year-old mega FB superstar party hotties, what with all this talk of Dems and MSM.

Old 01-20-2018, 12:27 PM

11,062 posts, read 6,655,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post

You are so funny, JerZ! "Easter Island Heads" and "thinking of the queen". LOL! Good to laugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships