Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 05:27 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,876,823 times

Advertisements

I don't believe it's a date, I never thought 2 people sit and Skype and eat dinner or have a couple drinks thinking they're "on line dating". I have always assumed people knew it was a way to meet people FOR dating...is your experience different? I do think there are some CD posters who agree with you though, I've read their posts: "I'd rather date IRL."

Of course it's real life....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 04:20 PM

212 posts, read 162,545 times
Went to lunch with a new OLD. I am starting to think there aren't any normal and confident guys out there. He had so much cologne that I was feeling dizzy and my eyes were hurting me. Also he was dressed in sweats and a raggedy tshirt. I understand lunch is casual but come on, does this make sense he has a ton of cologne on but dressed like a bum. Ugh. Asked to see me again of all things.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,015,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Maybe you could start a movement to get everyone to stop calling it OLD, then, ok?
We could just call it "online meeting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiteGem View Post
Went to lunch with a new OLD. I am starting to think there aren't any normal and confident guys out there. He had so much cologne that I was feeling dizzy and my eyes were hurting me. Also he was dressed in sweats and a raggedy tshirt. I understand lunch is casual but come on, does this make sense he has a ton of cologne on but dressed like a bum. Ugh. Asked to see me again of all things.
He probably didn't shower and doused himself in cologne as a shortcut.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
We could just call it "online meeting."
I'm going to. The movement has begun. When I type OLM, you'll know I'm talking about the correct action.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,015,385 times
Quote:
I'm going to. The movement has begun. When I type OLM, you'll know I'm talking about the correct action.
Me too. It's a deal. The revolution begins here.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:19 AM

34,111 posts, read 83,064,731 times
Quote:
It's a start but the basic truth still remains:
Until they will actually get offline... it isn't a meeting either.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:40 AM

777 posts, read 453,324 times
Quote:
In response to the questions: I would rather end a date than lead someone on. Moving on.

As I wasn't planning on doing anything for Valentine's Day since I am single, I was pleasantly surprised by an online date I met Monday for lunch when he texted me later to ask if I would be his Valentine. I have never been asked that before and was pleasantly surprised so I said yes. We went out to eat and it was fun. During our meal, he gave me a pair of gold earrings, I told him it was too much and couldn't accept but he insisted. I would have preferred roses and rocher but didn't say anything and graciously accepted, he asked me to put them on. I don't wear jewelry, the only thing I used to wear was my wedding ring.

During the night, he told me he couldn't stop thinking about me and how my smile lights up the room. My concern is after the date, he went to give me a hug goodbye and it was pretty long imo and when I tried to pull away, he pulled me closer and went to kiss me. Now I'm wondering if he expected more from the date when I thought it would be two people getting to know each other.
Lovebombing 101

Jewelry on a first date/2nd meeting?

Run and don't look back.

The hug and kiss I don't find alarming at all. It WAS Valentine's Day, supposed to be a night for romance and such. But way too soon for expensive gifts. Especially expensive gifts that he pushes boundaries and expects you to wear right away.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
It's a start but the basic truth still remains:
Until they will actually get offline... it isn't a meeting either.
Ok, got it. AMFOLI.
Arranging a meeting from an online interaction.
Is that what would be the appropriate acronym, so that you don't pipe up and tell people they're not dating /or meeting....YET?

Old 03-04-2018, 05:36 AM

212 posts, read 162,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
Lovebombing 101

Jewelry on a first date/2nd meeting?

Run and don't look back.

The hug and kiss I don't find alarming at all. It WAS Valentine's Day, supposed to be a night for romance and such. But way too soon for expensive gifts. Especially expensive gifts that he pushes boundaries and expects you to wear right away.

Moved on to the next however not sure what I'm doing wrong. New guy, met for lunch, seemed normal and we kept in touch. Invited me to dinner, nice restaurant, afterwards while walking me to my car, he goes to hold my hand, I pulled it away and by the car he goes and kisses me. Disappointed, won't be seeing him again, not sure what I'm doing wrong to give the signal that I am interested in being touched by a stranger, find this extremely disrespectful. Will keep ad up until the end of this month and then I give up with OLD. Maybe the universe is trying to telling me something.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:51 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,627,396 times
Quote:
Moved on to the next however not sure what I'm doing wrong. New guy, met for lunch, seemed normal and we kept in touch. Invited me to dinner, nice restaurant, afterwards while walking me to my car, he goes to hold my hand, I pulled it away and by the car he goes and kisses me. Disappointed, won't be seeing him again, not sure what I'm doing wrong to give the signal that I am interested in being touched by a stranger, find this extremely disrespectful. Will keep ad up until the end of this month and then I give up with OLD. Maybe the universe is trying to telling me something.
The only thing you’re doing “wrong” is being a woman on a date with them. Some men try to kiss their dates. This is nothing new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships