Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 09:26 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,603,221 times

Advertisements

OP, you stated your age in another thread. I would have guessed you to be 20 years older based on what you've written here.
Your expectations about flower choice and intimacy are not realistic. It would be helpful to your potential dates if you wrote something in your profile to address that.

Oh, and don't accept expensive gifts from strangers (your term) on your second date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 09:39 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,956,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I read it as they related to the OP's being loath to hold hands, although I doubt she's making out with men BEFORE holding hands. It's a different mindset, and honestly neither is the norm.

When I was growing up, holding hands was one of the "first steps," and no one I knew believed that it was more intimate than sex LMAO.
The first date with the first man included the question : is this a date? That was the cue for the OP to indicate interest. Yes meant interested, no meant not interested. Presumably the answer was yes, as there were four more dates. One of the dates included a bouquet of flowers, but apparently that was justification for criticism because they were the wrong flowers. By the fifth date, the man wanted a kiss. If there was genuine chemistry and interest, this would not be a problem. Instead, a first kiss after five dates was a deal breaker.

Why go on five dates when there's no chemistry? Why look for fault in places where there is only good intention: the wrong flowers? This strikes me as far more serious than being "picky", to the extent that it appears to be a fault finding mission.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:41 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post

Why go on five dates when there's no chemistry? Why look for fault in places where there is only good intention: the wrong flowers? This strikes me as far more serious than being "picky", to the extent that it appears to be a fault finding mission.
I agree.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:31 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,500,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiteGem View Post
I am starting to think there aren't any normal and confident guys out there.
I won't try to paint that broad of a brush, but the guys you are looking for that are socially well-adjusted aren't in OD sites. They have their dates lined up already. You know this, but in any event, I am fond of saying "Water finds its lowest level!" and OD sites seem to prove that time and time again.

Quote:
Will keep ad up until the end of this month and then I give up with OLD. Maybe the universe is trying to telling me something.
Guy finds you likable, yet you recoil in disgust. Were you dropped on your head as a young tot? Enlist in a nunnery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Pulled your hand away???
After the first date you were no longer strangers.
Most normal men would take that as a signal that you don't even like him
This is true and I already got a pretty unlikable vibe about OP pretty early on in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
These guys aren't doing anything offensive.
Of course, they're not. They're doing what's always been expected of them. Chase the woman and set the tone. See how that's working out...

Old 03-04-2018, 06:26 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Often hand holding comes much later than other things. I had first Bumble date Friday night and there was copious amounts of making out, but no PDA. It was a really fun date.
For me, it's the opposite. Hand holding tends to come first and at the same time, a preference of mine.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:33 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Moved on to the next however not sure what I'm doing wrong. New guy, met for lunch, seemed normal and we kept in touch. Invited me to dinner, nice restaurant, afterwards while walking me to my car, he goes to hold my hand, I pulled it away and by the car he goes and kisses me. Disappointed, won't be seeing him again, not sure what I'm doing wrong to give the signal that I am interested in being touched by a stranger, find this extremely disrespectful. Will keep ad up until the end of this month and then I give up with OLD. Maybe the universe is trying to telling me something.
Yeah, if a woman rejects me holding her hand, no way would I attempt to go in for a kiss.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:16 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
For me, it's the opposite. Hand holding tends to come first and at the same time, a preference of mine.

And that's fine. This woman is a no PDA woman. I've met many. So we could date for months or years and there would be no handholding or hugging, etc in public.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:11 AM

212 posts, read 162,358 times
I am 35 and have only had two men in my life. The first one was my everything, met when I was 16 and stayed pure went on to get married and have a child. Unfortunately he cheated so I left him and got the divorce. After that I dated someone within the first year of the divorce and for less than a year that I knew through work (we did not work for the same company), left him due to his addictive behavior.

After that I have stayed single and working on myself to find out why I accept losers and have been happy although I wouldn't mind to meet someone nice to share fun times with and build a relationship. I am very affectionate however do not feel comfortable to get physical with someone who I do not know for some time. I do not want to rush into a physical relationship and would rather take my time to get to know the person and see if we connect and are compatible.

I do not believe in holding hands or kissing what isn't mine for the long term and would prefer to wait at least 6 months before getting into anything further. I see nothing wrong with this and feel good that I have maintained my principles even though the world says yes, I prefer to say no until it feels right for me. I find this to be healthier emotionally and physically.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:13 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:

I do not believe in holding hands or kissing what isn't mine for the long term and would prefer to wait at least 6 months before getting into anything further. I see nothing wrong with this and feel good that I have maintained my principles even though the world says yes, I prefer to say no until it feels right for me. I find this to be healthier emotionally and physically.

There isn't anything wrong with this, but it is your responsibility to make this known up front to guys. This is VERY unusual. That is fine, it is ok to be you, but you should make that clear and up front so guys know this ahead of time. Keeping it to yourself, and then judging men for acting normally, and blaming them for it and rejecting them for it is NOT ok.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:24 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
[quote=timberline742;51225497]There isn't anything wrong with this, but it is your responsibility to make this known up front to guys. This is VERY unusual. That is fine, it is ok to be you, but you should make that clear and up front so guys know this ahead of time. Keeping it to yourself, and then judging men for acting normally, and blaming them for it and rejecting them for it is NOT ok.[/QUOTE

You got that right!
That she will not allow even the most mild physical contact should be clearly stated in her profile.
Why waste the time of the majority of men?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships